Vape Team Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Tonight "The 2 Year Anniversary Special!" Come say happy birthday to the VapeTeam, enjoy the celebration and catch up on the latest.

In the "vaping News" apparently we have been doing this vaping thing wrong all these years...and we have the premiere of "Dimi's Dry Hits"! In the "New Vapers Corner" we've got plenty to share with Dimitris on the Protank 3 fiasco, James on the Aqua rebuildable tank atomizer, and Jamie on the DNA MVP. Finally we'll have a special scavenger hunt giveaway, and the VapeWheel is loaded to spin with anniversary vape prizes! Come join us at 9:30pm EST on Vapers Place - VP Live Vape Team ~ You can also watch the VapeTeam from ANY mobile device via http://mobilestream.vapeteam.com or YouTube Live Live Episodes - YouTube or via Roku Streaming Boxes

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Tonight, "Open Forum"! With Jamie traveling we take over the producing duties and are joined by the remaining contestants of the "VP Live Host Competition"! We discuss their upcoming shows as well as topics surrounding the world of ecigs! Are you feeling lucky? Let's play some poker! Call in for your chance to draw a winning hand for great vape prizes including an Innokin VTR! Tonight, 9:30pm EST Vapers Place - VP Live Vape Team

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Tonight, "What have we accomplished?" A look at at where we stand on our right to vape fight! Also, the EU leaked document confirms their plans of a total ban on ecigs as we know them! What can we do to help? In the "New Vapers Corner" James shows us how to use a multi meter to test batteries and atomizers. Finally we are drawing for the Scavenger Hunt and a special call in GiveAway segment, tonight 9:30pm est Vapers Place - VP Live Vape Team (Roku, Mobile and YouTube broadcastings will not be available tonight) Call in # 347-308-8329

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Tonight "Start Spreading the News", we are joined by NYC vapers that participated in today's City Hall hearing on the indoor usage ban of ecigs. Also in the "New Vapers Corner" a first look at the Cool Fire I & II as well as the Dual bottom coil tank by INNOKIN. James also shows us the "Duke"! We encourage you to call in with questions or comments 1-347-308-8329 Tonight 9:30pm EST Vapers Place - VP Live Vape Team

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Tonight “2013 Recap with guest Phil Busardo” Join us for our final episode of 2013 with guest reviewer PBusardo as we review the year in vape. Also another reviewer turns vendor, find out who it is and the product he is launching! In the “New Vapers Corner” the EVEON Mod by Team Hot Wire with James and we discuss clone batteries hitting the market and what you should do to assure you are getting authentic power for your devices. Finally a Holiday VapeWheel spinning for great prizes, tonight 9:30pm EST Vapers Place - VP Live Vape Team

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Tonight: “A Positive 2014” Hope your holidays were great everyone. The entire team is back, including our newest member Stephanie aka Vaping Cookie! Let's start the new year right with a look at some positive stories surrounding the community and the e-cig industry.

In the “New Vapers Corner” is mesh back? We have a Genesis tutorial from the mysterious ████████, who can it be? We'll also have a look at some brand-new USB Xtar Battery Chargers. The phone lines are open for your questions and comments, and the VapeWheel loaded to spin out great vape prizes. It all starts at 9:30pm EST tonight on Vapers Place - VP Live Vape Team If you're on a mobile device, tune in through http://mobilestream.vapeteam.com or YouTube Live Live Episodes - YouTube or via Roku Streaming Boxes.

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Tonight on the VapeTeam: "All Aboard the Ban Wagon" As expected after NYC, the nonsense is spreading: more and more cities are following in their footsteps with nonsensical bans on e-cigs. We bring you the latest. Also: is there potentially harmful flavoring in our e-liquids?? Dr. Farsalinos launches a crowdfunding campaign to find out!

In the "New Vapers Corner" we have Dimi's first look at The ModPowerKit - and we're breaking down the Quasar with James. Of course, the phone lines are open to take your calls with questions or comments. Lastly, the VapeWheel features some new additions tonight! You won't want to miss this one folks. Tune in 9:30pm EST at Vapers Place - VP Live Vape Team - Mobile users can tune in through http://mobilestream.vapeteam.com/ or YouTube Live Live Episodes - YouTube or via Roku Streaming Boxes

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
The vape team really needs to get up to speed on what it is they are pushing. I would suggest these two blogs by Carl Phillips as a starting point. Make sure to read the comments as they are at least as interesting as the articles.

Does the current generation of THR commentators really know so little about smokeless tobacco? | Anti-THR Lies and related topics

As if to prove my point… | Anti-THR Lies and related topics

Since e-liquid is a tobacco product, you haven't quit using tobacco, you have simply changed the method of delivery from combustion to a non-combustion tobacco product. That's what THR is all about. You are playing along with the lies of the ANTZ by insisting that tobacco is the problem (and that is what you are saying. If that is intentional of not only you can say).

It is past due for the vaping community to stop trying to distance themselves from tobacco and join the larger world of THR, which involves more then just electronic cigarettes.

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
In response to your comment, Stubby, let me clarify a couple of things.

Everything the VapeTeam does is aimed at VAPERS, or smokers who are looking to switch to vaping. We promote electronic cigarettes, and e-cigarette advocacy. Obviously harm reduction as a principle covers more than e-cigs - but e-cigs are OUR focus on OUR show. It's what WE use, review, discuss and advocate. E-cigs are what WE care about.

I don't know anything about the latest in snus, strips, sticks, lozenges or what have you. With the greatest respect: if you want to see a show that focuses on alternative tobacco products, you'll have to look elsewhere. You could also start your own weekly program, at any time.

Moving on, I wholeheartedly disagree with the notion that e-liquid is a "tobacco product" - e-liquid contains NO tobacco! "Oh, but the nicotine is derived from tobacco, so that's what it is Dimitris." By that logic, strawberry vodka is a fresh fruit.

So we strongly feel that calling e-cigarettes "tobacco products" is not only scientifically incorrect, but a mistake that vapers and vape-advocates (including CASAA) NEED to avoid. Many of the problems we now anticipate with the FDA will be enabled and empowered by this mistaken classification.

Our position is that e-cigarettes are not tobacco OR medicines. They are consumer products. This is a line in the sand for the VapeTeam. We are doing what we feel is best in the long-run for e-cigs.

In any event, you're welcome to your opinion and I'm welcome to mine. You're even welcome to call in and debate an issue with us, because we don't shy away from that.

The vape team really needs to get up to speed on what it is they are pushing. I would suggest these two blogs by Carl Phillips as a starting point. Make sure to read the comments as they are at least as interesting as the articles.

Does the current generation of THR commentators really know so little about smokeless tobacco? | Anti-THR Lies and related topics

As if to prove my point… | Anti-THR Lies and related topics

Since e-liquid is a tobacco product, you haven't quit using tobacco, you have simply changed the method of delivery from combustion to a non-combustion tobacco product. That's what THR is all about. You are playing along with the lies of the ANTZ by insisting that tobacco is the problem (and that is what you are saying. If that is intentional of not only you can say).

It is past due for the vaping community to stop trying to distance themselves from tobacco and join the larger world of THR, which involves more then just electronic cigarettes.

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
The vape team really needs to get up to speed on what it is they are pushing.

They don't need to get up to speed at all. They disagree with your position.

If you think that is the case, create some media that suits your affair. Stop watching Vapeteam, that will free up hours every month to start your exciting new project.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
In response to your comment, Stubby, let me clarify a couple of things.

Everything the VapeTeam does is aimed at VAPERS, or smokers who are looking to switch to vaping. We promote electronic cigarettes, and e-cigarette advocacy. Obviously harm reduction as a principle covers more than e-cigs - but e-cigs are OUR focus on OUR show. It's what WE use, review, discuss and advocate. E-cigs are what WE care about.

I don't know anything about the latest in snus, strips, sticks, lozenges or what have you. With the greatest respect: if you want to see a show that focuses on alternative tobacco products, you'll have to look elsewhere. You could also start your own weekly program, at any time.

Moving on, I wholeheartedly disagree with the notion that e-liquid is a "tobacco product" - e-liquid contains NO tobacco! "Oh, but the nicotine is derived from tobacco, so that's what it is Dimitris." By that logic, strawberry vodka is a fresh fruit.

So we strongly feel that calling e-cigarettes "tobacco products" is not only scientifically incorrect, but a mistake that vapers and vape-advocates (including CASAA) NEED to avoid. Many of the problems we now anticipate with the FDA will be enabled and empowered by this mistaken classification.

Our position is that e-cigarettes are not tobacco OR medicines. They are consumer products. This is a line in the sand for the VapeTeam. We are doing what we feel is best in the long-run for e-cigs.

In any event, you're welcome to your opinion and I'm welcome to mine. You're even welcome to call in and debate an issue with us, because we don't shy away from that.

The above statement is wrong on several levels.

I certainly never mentioned the vape team start reviewing other tobacco alternatives (though it would be a good thing to mention on occasion that ST has the same low risk as electronic cigarettes). That wasn't the reason for the post.

It is a common tactic of the ANTZ to go into a monolog about the dangers of smoking, and then wrap up the piece by saying that tobacco is the leading cause of preventable disease, or some variation of the above.

What the vape team is doing is simply a variation of the same theme. You are implying (and agreeing with the ANTZ) that the real issue is tobacco. It is not, and it is a lie to say (or imply) that it is. It is a lie wether it comes from the anti-zealots or the vape team. What the vape team is doing is reinforcing the myth that has plagued on us for decades. Its anti-THR.

There is a simply solution. Simply substitute the word smoking or cigarettes for tobacco. It would be appreciated by the 9 million or so ST users in the US that you stop demonizing tobacco.

The question as to if e-liquid is tobacco or not is a separate issue. The comparison you made with vodka is a pretty poor as vodka is a alcoholic drink. Anything with alcohol is classified as alcohol no matter what the flavoring. Nicotine is the main active ingredient in tobacco so if a product has nicotine it will be considered a tobacco product. There is little question that e-liquid will be classified as a tobacco product so it is a bit foolish to be wasting energy trying to make believe it is something else.

As I said, wether e-liquid is a tobacco product or not is a separate issue and it remains to be seen where that will go. The issue of confusing tobacco with smoking is not at issue. At present, for the millions of ST users the vape team is not better then the ANTZ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread