Vape tools we can't live without

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
Clearfield, UT
When I think about vaping, I think about tinkering. What are some tools you use for ease of use, fixing, tinkering or maintenance that are essential for you? I personally think my "slap your momma" carto tank tool was worth every penny, although i went for a much cheaper version and have recently found that IBTanked glass tanks come with a version that doubles as a drip tip.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
When I think about vaping, I think about tinkering. What are some tools you use for ease of use, fixing, tinkering or maintenance that are essential for you? I personally think my "slap your momma" carto tank tool was worth every penny, although i went for a much cheaper version and have recently found that IBTanked glass tanks come with a version that doubles as a drip tip.

What about the essentials...cotton swabs, paper towels, cleaning fluid of choice (ISO or PGA), needle nose pliers, pipe cleaners, various mutilated paper clips, wire snips, syringes, droppers, the list goes on and on...

barbee865

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN
QuickLoadPaperTowelHldr_l.jpg you know it's true. lol

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I use flat toothpicks to block one of two holes in my tank carts. I give it around 4 twists then snap it off and trim with nail clippers. I find one hole is fine. With more than one hole they have more of a tendency to flood. I use a dental pick to clean off the battery connection inside and outside my provari. I have a fishing tackle box to store gear I don't use everyday. Camera case for out of doors. Test Tube racks for my DIY flavors. And of course cotton swabs. One of my favorite things about vaping is figuring out the best tool for the job.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Not a vape tool per se but my magnification glasses are indispensable for rebuilding RBAs.

If you have a Hobby Lobby, or HobbyTownUsa in your area, check it out.

I take my son there quite often, and everytime I notice 2-3 MORE possible vape tools that I didn't catch the time before.

They have some really awesome magnifying lenses, that come on units (hard to explain) that would be awesome.

The tools they have are extremely intricate and perfect for tinkering as well.

BigLebowski

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
Clearfield, UT
I use flat toothpicks to block one of two holes in my tank carts. I give it around 4 twists then snap it off and trim with nail clippers. I find one hole is fine. With more than one hole they have more of a tendency to flood. I use a dental pick to clean off the battery connection inside and outside my provari. I have a fishing tackle box to store gear I don't use everyday. Camera case for out of doors. Test Tube racks for my DIY flavors. And of course cotton swabs. One of my favorite things about vaping is figuring out the best tool for the job.

That's my reason for creating the thread. Curious to see what people are using and why.

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
#1 my digital multi meters. They come in handy for so many things.

I love my IBtanked carto tool and although it is not anything I can't live without, I love my "thingy".

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I have a pair of nail clippers i keep special in my box for trimming wires. I also have a paperclip i've bent just so, and use it to help give me some support while i wrap coils. I can't just do it on a wick like some pros can. Skinny flathead micro screwdriver i use to adjust my wrap spacing (though i am getting better at making them nice and neat and tight).

Um. I keep my disassembled and awaiting recoiling vivi nova heads in altoids tins. I keep the recoiled head in a little tin that looks like one of the [?] boxes from mario brothers.

That's about it really.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
If you have a Hobby Lobby, or HobbyTownUsa in your area, check it out.

I take my son there quite often, and everytime I notice 2-3 MORE possible vape tools that I didn't catch the time before.

They have some really awesome magnifying lenses, that come on units (hard to explain) that would be awesome.

The tools they have are extremely intricate and perfect for tinkering as well.

Been to my local HL four times now in search of vape tools and storage solutions. Gear for our gear...

jclifford

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
salem nh
I have been a bench jeweler for more than 30 years. I am the one they send the stuff out to. many, many tools...

I wanted to say to check out ebay under jewelers tools, tons of stuff, some imports that are worthwhile, many times you can get great deals on a jeweler retiring. it might be worth a look. (Jewelry Design and Repair Tools | eBay)

BWhare

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread