Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Upside down?

Laying on your back, yes. I'm trying to imagine why I'd even be upside down..on purpose anyway. But I've used it laying on my sofa watching tv issue-free.

My brother does direct lung pulls. Long ones. He reports having to pull the tank out and wiping it about once a day.

Me, I was chronically plagued with spittle hits when using tank clad mods. juice in the air chamber from spent juice that didn't leave the chimney would run down into the air inlet and cause spitback several times a day. If using it outdoors in varying climates it was a real burden.

One reason I was so fond of the Renova Zero at first was a day without spitback. A couple times a week I'd need to clean contacts that got wet. But no spit back. I'd clean it in the evening while recharging it. A drop here or there but not much at all.

Thus far with about two weeks use of an E8 I've yet to deal with wet contacts or spitback. A bit of juice around the outside of the tank, yes. But very little. I do the once a day check like with the Zero. I just checked mine since it wasn't cleaned last night and it was bone dry.

The Zero was a close mimic of the real cigarette experience in terms of a suction required to get a drag from an airy ultralight. Real close.
The E8 is more like a closed filter of a full flavored cigarette. With the right flavor of tobacco e-juice I'd dare say one would be hard pressed to know it wasn't a Marlboro Red except for the duck bill tip.

Yup, it's pretty good that one.

ylem

Dec 10, 2017
Oz
I haven't tried upside down but honestly I can't think of any device that can pass that test in the long run. Hmm, I'll test that out though and see.
Thanks! I should mention, I don't mean holding it upside-down at all times for hours, but e.g. holding it in bed the right way up and taking the occasional set of vapes upside-down. Some of the vapes I've had can do it with no dry hits/leakage (iSub G, iKonn Total, PockeX and—with 100% PG juice!—the Aster Total) for longer than I'd expect.

In any case the E8 sounds great. Other YouTube reviews:

Smallest... mighty... BEST... droolage.

Reactions: drysprocket

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia

Thanks! I should mention, I don't mean holding it upside-down at all times for hours, but e.g. holding it in bed the right way up and taking the occasional set of vapes upside-down. Some of the vapes I've had can do it with no dry hits/leakage (iSub G, iKonn Total, PockeX and—with 100% PG juice!—the Aster Total) for longer than I'd expect.

In any case the E8 sounds great. Other YouTube reviews:

Smallest... mighty... BEST... droolage.
can you vape it like it's a cigarette while in bed, working on an oil change or any other reason you might draw while it's upside down with 100% PG juice? I'm not sure as that's like thinner than water but I vape at all kinds of crazy angles and doing all kinds of things I used to smoke while doing with 0 spitback using 40PG/60VG and 50/50 juices.
As US above stated I do get occasional wet inside the tube but it's more like the silicone plug is sweating than an actual leak as it's never been wet at the air intake or onto the contacts, just slightly wet at the fill port.
When I'm multi tasking and vaping I do MTL but, as my brother United States said, I do direct lung puffs mostly on my pod systems .
After smoking 41 years old habits of smoking without thinking about it still sneak into my existence every now and again and the e8 has been a God send for that. Ex, after cutting the grass this spring for the first time, decades of smoke while admiring my work (really just looking for stuff I missed while guzzling a Gatorade) I instinctively reached for my Zippo and Baileys. Since this is a family friendly forum with naughty word filters that might alert staff I won't elaborate on what I said but it was a mental/emotional shock to realize I don't smoke anymore . Last thing I wanted to do was pull out a big mod and tank though that's what I ended up doing. Same with every "first time since last July" I've done. The e8 has nipped the profanity desire in the bud and my mega devices are only occasionally used anymore.
Anyway leaks are surprisingly non existent with both of my e8s but prevalent with my Sigelei Odo 2 .

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Mrs States checked out my vladdin re and said "nah, too loose". She smokes mid strength cigarettes with those nearly completely closed filters.

I handed her an E8 and luckily I had a spare because I was not getting mine back otherwise. Loaded with her favorite sauce, she uses it way more than smoking now.

I ordered a bunch of replacement pods just in case they are suddenly gone since online sellers have reduced color selections to gray or black and some just black now.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ya, it is a pain, but I've gotten semi good at it with practice. I don't know of anything better in this class sadly. That Sigelei Odo 2 isn't as good because of the mouthpiece, but it does hold a tad more juice, and the cap does stay connected, which is nice. I can't recommend it though.

I'm hoping e8 makes an upgraded version that holds more juice and has a better refill. That's my dream.

Thewhiterabbit

Aug 24, 2019
Ya, it is a pain, but I've gotten semi good at it with practice. I don't know of anything better in this class sadly. That Sigelei Odo 2 isn't as good because of the mouthpiece, but it does hold a tad more juice, and the cap does stay connected, which is nice. I can't recommend it though.

I'm hoping e8 makes an upgraded version that holds more juice and has a better refill. That's my dream.

If the pods were half again larger and clear that would make a huge difference and I would then own one in every color lol

• Agree

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia

I rarely use my Odo2 because not only does the tip not feel right but DL draws dry out the wick after a couple of puffs (yuk hits when chain vaping) but I do like filling it better than my e8
I think my last batch of e8 pods is defective because I have to twist them every time I let it sit for a few minutes or nothing happens when I inhale,mtl or dl (no blue light, no nicotine joy). This is on 3 different units. Twist it a smidge and ahhhhh works like a charm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Informative

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I've had that happen from time to time MBM, in my case juice had oozed out from under the fill port (where I over filled and did not clean it well), so once it was nice n clean things worked ok.
Perhaps its a contact issue where a tiny smidge of something got on the points at the pod factory. Perhaps scuff the points on the pod on a rough surface like a sidewalk (or in your case caluses on your hand. lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread