Date of your initial complaint to the supplier
Dec 21, 2016​

Method used when initiating complaint with retailer
Email​

Ticket number (if you were issued one)

General nature of complaint
Other​

Briefly describe your problem or issue
Long post! TL:DR version: Webshop took my money, wanted to cancel the order, they havent gave my money back and neither (resend) the package.

December 21th 2016 me and my friends made an order at Vapebase.de for an amount of 187,65 euros. This website is based in Germany (Essen), not far away from my own home country (the Netherlands). Right after making the order, i have send an email asking to cancel the order: i forgot to use a coupon and my friends nagged me to cancel it. I didn't get a responds from the website. A day later i got another email about the updated status, again i send an email asking to cancel the order. Again, no reply. I then asked to cancel it through the contact page of their website and again, no reply.

A few days later, after giving the webshop some time since it was around Xmas and New Year, i made a complaint through Paypal. Suddenly they responded. They told me they never received the order. 4 days (!!!) after opening the ticket with paypal, they actually still gave the order to fed-ex, to get it to me for delivery. I told them through Paypal that i would refuse that order. Around 12 january, Fed-ex came, i refused so the order went back. Right before Paypal asked me to escalate the claim, the webshop called me and told me a sad story about how Fed-ex would fine them if the package would return and if there was a way for me to still received it. Since im a douche and a sucker, i fell for the trap - mainly because i have ordered before and i actually do like their products. Okay, so now the package would be resend. Paypal closed the claim.

After a day, i e-mailed again, having some questions because i wanted to return the package, taking out my share of the order and returning my friends share with it (since they bought base them self by now). Doing this would actually cost me 25 euros extra, but as the sucker that i am, i was willing to do this so i could put this whole thing at rest. No responds again. I emailed again, and again no responds. I called, they never picked up. Today i called again, this time a female picked up (not the same person i spoke before). I told her i wanted to speak to the owner of the webshop Vapebase. She told me that i called right, but suddenly asked my name. I gave it to her, now she answered 'he can't speak right now, he is at a meeting'. A meeting? Yes, have you tried emailing? Yes i have. Which emailadres did you use? @vapebase.de - Yes, that is the correct one he will e-mail you later this day.

Well i'm still waiting on the e-mail. I have used the same e-mailadres before, so if its true what this lady said, he shouldve received all previous emails before, he just choose to not react on it and lie about it. Because Paypal closed the claim, i can't re-open it - because Paypal has this ......ed rule that once closed a claim can never be opened again (i talked with the service desk employee).

So now i am 187,65 euro poorer, have no base and am leaning towards legal advice to fight this. My warning to all of you, think twice before you order @ Vapebase. Through my experience you should see that this person is not shameful to use deceit (by stalling paypal 20 days rule and calling me with a sad story). If he doesn't answer me this week (yes, im giving him some more time), i will take this case and make a claim towards the european comission that products customers against webshops like these. You have been warned.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread