Vapecige - Creator IM 250W Mod - Potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Creator IM 250W mod from Vapecige.
The Creator IM 250W mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Trinity from Vapecige.

| Love vape love life

In the Box

Contents:

Creator IM 250W Mod
vaping Cloth

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Creator IM 250W Mod is a high quality built device, and is practically identical in looks to the Creator IM 200W Mod i recently reviewed. It has a Zinc Alloy "I" shaped chassis which allows for the batteries to be slotted either side before fitting the Zinc Alloy curved battery doors to complete it's finished form, in shape it is very similar to the G-Class. The device is very rounded (an oval shape) which makes it very ergonomically friendly, but is in my opinion definitely a thumb firer. Apart from the all white version which has the "I" shaped chassis in white all other options have a black chassis. The other options are Black battery doors (the one i received), Red battery doors and white battery doors (but this time with black chassis). On the front of the chassis at the top we have a round fire button, underneath this there is what looks like a screen panel, shaped a bit like a golfing tee, but is actually for LED indicators. At the bottom of the front we have the voltage dial with indented arrow to allow it to be turned with your finger nail or small tool, like a screwdriver if you prefer. The back of the device we have in very large protruding lettering the word "vapecige" and the vapecige logo in silver. The base of the device has branding and safety stamps printed in white and also venting. Finally, proudly sitting on top of the device is a heavy duty 30mm 510 plate (the inner 18.4mm of the plate is air fed) with spring loaded, gold plated 510. The 510 plate also has engraved branding on the outer perimeter. The device seems quite heavy but when weighing is about average and in my opinion is equally suited as an on the go or desktop device. The glossy paint finish like the rest of the device seems very high quality and durable.

Specs:

Size: 86mm x 48mm x 30mm
Weight: 153g
Constructed from zinc alloy
Color options: white, black/white, black/red, all black
Battery LED indicator
Utilizes dual 18650 cells
Dual magnetic battery panels
Large 510 connection with grooves for excellent atty airflow
Maximum power output: 250W
Adjust wattage via potentiometer
5 different output levels
Lightning fast firing speed: 0.008s
Safety features
Reverse polarity protection
Short circuit protection
Overheat protection
Low resistance protection
High resistance protection
Colours: White, Black, Black & White, Black & Red

Fitting the Batteries

To take the battery doors off there is a small notch either side on the base which is easy to get your nails in. The battery orientation is clearly marked and contacts spring loaded. Despite the 2 battery doors being identical they are unique to each side as trying to put the wrong door on causes the magnets to push the door away. The magnets are very powerful and the doors fit very securely.

Using the Device

The Creator IM 250 is described as a semi-mechanical device and is just variable voltage that can be adjusted via the dial. It obviously has a PCB and as well as delivering the set voltage has various safety features which are, reverse polarity protection, short circuit protection, overheat protection and also low and high resistance protection. The device is 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off, when on all you need to do is set the dial then vape. Running parallel both sides of the tee shaped panel we have vertical rows of white LED's that are joined to form 2 lines, these don't have a function other than indicating the device is firing. Running vertically up the centre of the tee shape there are 4 green LED's that let you know your battery status. I couldn't find out the exact percentages of the lights but would imagine they would be in the region of, 4 lights over 80%, 3 lights over 50%, 2 lights over 20% and 1 light below 20%. That's it, couldn't be more simple.

Performance

As with all potentiometer devices it's the case of starting low and slowly turning the voltage up until you get the vape you want. I have a few of these type devices and like how quickly they fire and how hard they hit compared to a fully regulated device, the creator IM 250 fires particularly quickly in just 0.008 seconds. I do find with some potentiometer devices they go from not giving enough power, then as you adjust suddenly blow your socks off, but i was very impressed how smooth the Creator increased the power and it was very easy to get the wanted vape.
A 30mm tank fits flush on the raised 510 plate and nothing to report on the battery life, it was what i would expect for the estimated wattage's i was vaping at.

Conclusion

A high wattage, high performance potentiometer, which fires instantly and is easy to fine tune.

Great build quality
Fires Instantly
Performs very well
Nice looking
High quality, durable paint finish.
Simple to use
Good battery life
Battery life indicators
Easy to fine tune

I would once again like to thank Trinity from Vapecige for supplying the Creator IM 250w Mod for the purpose of this review.

| Love vape love life

Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Creator IM 250W Mod from Vapecige.
The Creator IM 250W Mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Trinity from Vapecige.

| Love vape love life

In the Box

Contents:

Creator IM 250W Mod
Vaping Cloth

The Creator IM 250W Mod is a high quality built device, and is practically identical in looks to the Creator IM 200W Mod i recently reviewed. It has a Zinc Alloy "I" shaped chassis which allows for the batteries to be slotted either side before fitting the Zinc Alloy curved battery doors to complete it's finished form, in shape it is very similar to the G-Class. The device is very rounded (an oval shape) which makes it very ergonomically friendly, but is in my opinion definitely a thumb firer. Apart from the all white version which has the "I" shaped chassis in white all other options have a black chassis. The other options are Black battery doors (the one i received), Red battery doors and white battery doors (but this time with black chassis). On the front of the chassis at the top we have a round fire button, underneath this there is what looks like a screen panel, shaped a bit like a golfing tee, but is actually for LED indicators. At the bottom of the front we have the voltage dial with indented arrow to allow it to be turned with your finger nail or small tool, like a screwdriver if you prefer. The back of the device we have in very large protruding lettering the word "vapecige" and the vapecige logo in silver. The base of the device has branding and safety stamps printed in white and also venting. Finally, proudly sitting on top of the device is a heavy duty 30mm 510 plate (the inner 18.4mm of the plate is air fed) with spring loaded, gold plated 510. The 510 plate also has engraved branding on the outer perimeter. The device seems quite heavy but when weighing is about average and in my opinion is equally suited as an on the go or desktop device. The glossy paint finish like the rest of the device seems very high quality and durable.

Specs:

Battery LED indicator
Safety features
Short circuit protection
Overheat protection

Fitting the Batteries

To take the battery doors off there is a small notch either side on the base which is easy to get your nails in. The battery orientation is clearly marked and contacts spring loaded. Despite the 2 battery doors being identical they are unique to each side as trying to put the wrong door on causes the magnets to push the door away. The magnets are very powerful and the doors fit very securely.

Using the Device

The Creator IM 250 is described as a semi-mechanical device and is just variable voltage that can be adjusted via the dial. It obviously has a PCB and as well as delivering the set voltage has various safety features which are, reverse polarity protection, short circuit protection, overheat protection and also low and high resistance protection. The device is 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off, when on all you need to do is set the dial then vape. Running parallel both sides of the tee shaped panel we have vertical rows of white LED's that are joined to form 2 lines, these don't have a function other than indicating the device is firing. Running vertically up the centre of the tee shape there are 4 green LED's that let you know your battery status. I couldn't find out the exact percentages of the lights but would imagine they would be in the region of, 4 lights over 80%, 3 lights over 50%, 2 lights over 20% and 1 light below 20%. That's it, couldn't be more simple.

Performance

As with all potentiometer devices it's the case of starting low and slowly turning the voltage up until you get the vape you want. I have a few of these type devices and like how quickly they fire and how hard they hit compared to a fully regulated device, the creator IM 250 fires particularly quickly in just 0.008 seconds. I do find with some potentiometer devices they go from not giving enough power, then as you adjust suddenly blow your socks off, but i was very impressed how smooth the Creator increased the power and it was very easy to get the wanted vape.
A 30mm tank fits flush on the raised 510 plate and nothing to report on the battery life, it was what i would expect for the estimated wattage's i was vaping at.

Conclusion

A high wattage, high performance potentiometer, which fires instantly and is easy to fine tune.

Great build quality
Fires Instantly
Performs very well
Nice looking
Simple to use
Good battery life
Battery life indicators
Easy to fine tune

I would once again like to thank Trinity from Vapecige for supplying the Creator IM 250w Mod for the purpose of this review.

| Love vape love life
Because of the scarcity of the black and white versions on Gearbest, I was considering getting the black 250 VV and white 200 tc but was wondering if the doors are interchangeable? I heard they're the same body with different chipsets and I see that you reviewed all three.
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Creator IM 250W Mod from Vapecige.
The Creator IM 250W Mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Trinity from Vapecige.

| Love vape love life

In the Box

Contents:

Creator IM 250W Mod
Vaping Cloth

Specs:

Battery LED indicator
Safety features
Short circuit protection
Overheat protection

Fitting the Batteries

Using the Device

Performance

Conclusion

Great build quality
Fires Instantly
Performs very well
Nice looking
Simple to use
Good battery life
Battery life indicators
Easy to fine tune

| Love vape love life

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Because of the scarcity of the black and white versions on Gearbest, I was considering getting the black 250 VV and white 200 tc but was wondering if the doors are interchangeable? I heard they're the same body with different chipsets and I see that you reviewed all three.
Hi Mate, i just checked to see if i could switch the doors and yes i could and they fit perfectly.

• Love
Reactions: Monochröhm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread