The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaped a PG blend and it was traumatic:)

Discussion in 'VG USERS ONLY' started by silkakc, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. silkakc

silkakc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Canandaigua, NY
    Hello!

I've been using 100% VG since 10-7-10, the day I started vaping. A friend of mine started vaping and had some Marlboro 24 mg juice and I asked her if I could drip it and try it ( I'm a dripper 100% of the time)

After using only VG, I am very familiar with a SLIGHT off taste that happens when I need to drip again. It is a mild taste and not bad. I have never had a bad vape from VG that caused me to cough or caused me pain and my eyes to well up.

After dripping that 80/20 blend from ym friend, I took 3 or 4 normal hits and the next one almost killed me! It had gone from being fine to dry in one vape! It was the most caustic, horrible taste I have ever tasted. I gagged and coughed. I had to dewick and debridge that atty 2 days later because that stench would not leave my poor atty. Neither vinegar or alcohol could cure what that evil PG did.

I will never vape another PG juice, so help me God:) It would kill me if I gave it the chance LOL! How do those people vape something that is so thin that it goes from great to bad in one puff? There's no slow decline of flavor- just a nosedive!

Lori

2. dlbald

dlbald Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Yes, I have had something similar happen to me. I am not sure if it was VG or PG. Never the less it can be a traumatic experience. It did not cause a permanent stink in my atty though.

I have had very little success in dripping. It seems to me that I get very little flavor but lots of vapor, sometimes. I keep adding juice for more flavor then flood the atty and make a horrible mess.

3. jeffree

jeffree Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    california
    I've had it happen too, Silk, though never that quick. I've since found that the combination of GP juices and V4L Coolcarts keeps things nicely cool and slow. It's a stellar combo for anyone who can relate.

4. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    I don't care for too much PG in my juices either. 50/50 makes me happy with a slow decline in flavor by dripping. I use a Cisco LR306 on my Icon (true 3.7v battery). Grant it, the LR's eat more juice but at least the flavor on this ratio slowly declines without the harsh "Oh that was horrible" taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.