Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA burnt taste after about 30ml of liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    I've having issues with my Vapefly Alberich, it produces a sort of burnt flavor after vaping for less than a day (I'm guessing about 10 refills with the 3ml plastic tank). The cotton is fine, but there's plenty of residue on the coil. I've tried using plain 3.0mm inner diameter spaced coil and the included plain 2.5mm inner diameter contact coil, the result is the same. Tried using my own cotton and the included cotton likewise. I do not trim the ends of my wicks. I've tried cutting the wicks shorter than the build deck by about 2 mm on each side at the risk of flooding (luckily, no flooding happened), same issue. vaping at 15W. Tried using 2.6mm and 2.0mm airflow pins, no change.

With the same store-bought e-liquids, I haven't had this issue vaping just as much on my Geekvape Zeus DL RTA, cleaning the coil maybe once every 5 days after vaping all day at 20W. The coils I use in the Zeus are plain 3.0mm inner diameter spaced.

I'm guessing the "burnt" flavor is coming not from the cotton, which is fine when I change it, but from the residue on the coil. However, the Zeus builds up residue about 5 times slower. I'm a chain vaper. Does anybody have any insight into why this might be happening?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread