Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have been wanting one of these forever since I saw them. I just won "Buybest anniversary" giveaway and it was the thing I chose. I got blue, I want it to go on my VV Pulse squonk win... Oh oh I am definitely setting myself up to enjoy squonking with this combo (although I have tried the VV but with less restricted atties) this is going to be FUN,. :)

Anna

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
fasttech got back to me rather quickly and there appears to be a shipment being prepared for my account. Of course, they first asked if I was going to do another order in which they could include it..lol.

Anyway, we'll see what happens...can't complain about the customer service too much, at least.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Today I jb welded the screws on the new rdta open 4 turns, since I plan to use it strictly restricted lung.

I got in a new 20700 mech, a vpdam leon, all of $16. I love the looks of the blue and black, the feel in hand is really nice. The 510 is a bit mehh, fortunately it was a don't care since I put in a modmaker 510 and my own set of 22 gauge hard copper contacts. It's vaping like a champ, with a galaxies mtl rdta topper [emoji3]

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I received my YFTK kayfun Prime. It is my second RBA and my only comparison with the Vapefly Galaxies. I like both a lot. The Kayfun is the most elegant design that I have seen. I wouldn't call the Galaxies "elegant" but I think it is very "intelligently designed" and a joy to use. The Prime is not nearly as easy to build but the tiny chamber produces great flavor. With my inexperienced builds on both RBAs, I would say both have good flavor but the Prime has better flavor. I don't really see myself carrying around the Prime though... it's a tower of glass. And although I have not had any leaks in the short time that I've had it, there's a real possibility (especially if I don't close off the liquid flow). It's most likely going to be used at home. I have carried the Galaxies/Pico 75 in a pocket --no leaks. The Galaxies really shines in ease of use and all of the air flow options. It's a joy to work with. It will be interesting to see how both RBAs compare to the SXK Doggy when I get it.

Last edited:

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I have been wanting one of these forever since I saw them. I just won "Buybest anniversary" giveaway and it was the thing I chose. I got blue, I want it to go on my VV Pulse squonk win... Oh oh I am definitely setting myself up to enjoy squonking with this combo (although I have tried the VV but with less restricted atties) this is going to be FUN,. :)

Anna
Congrats on the win. Let us know if you like squonking

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've tried it with a few Bf RDAs and I do kind of like it? A very kind member sent me some but I have a feeling I will be happier if things are a bit less airy but like, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would!

I'm not running out to buy more squonkers… yet, but I did enjoy it more than I thought I would.

Anna

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Welp, Fasttech shipped out the replacement 510/o-rings a couple of days ago. So, good service there. No complaints.

Still enjoying this one. It hasn't replaced my Doggystyles and there's no chance that it will, but I always have it loaded up with one of my tobaccos and ready to go when the mood strikes. I still find the deck design leads to a frustrating building experience for my small contact coils, but no biggie....

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Anyone recommend a small cheap squonk mod to go with this? I'm guessing small and squonk don't go in the same sentence together though

Pulse 80W, get it for about $50, look back and picture of mine with the galaxies on top.
I put my Vandy Vape Pulse 80W on the shelf after using it a few days using it with a Dead Rabbit 24 BF RDA. As it leaks like a sieve on top of the Pulse 510. Got my Vapefly Galaxies RDTA and had taken it off of the shelf and tried it again. Nope within 5 minutes a stream of juice running down to the fire button, screen, and up button. I should learn, buy something cheap and end up with cheap. The Galaxies works fabulously on my Therion BF squonkers. :)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
My only real criticism of this RBA is that the deck is plated. I would prefer bare stainless steel.
You don't like gold plating and rather have all SS? For TC vapers, gold plating is far better, since SS has too much resistance (has its own TCR value) and some of the power you throw at the coil is used to heat that SS. So it makes it less efficient without gold plating.

Reactions: stols001

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Yep. Not overly happy with my Pulse 80w either. Would never recommend it and I'll be avoiding any mods from Vandy Vape, and in particular mods with the Vandy chip, for the foreseeable future.

Is your unhappiness with the Pulse 80 solely due to perceived battery inefficiency (I searched the Pulse 80 thread) or did you have 510 assembly leakage or other issues?

I’ve only been using mine for a few weeks - exclusively in SS TC mode - and I’m quite happy with it so far.

Back OT, I ordered a Vapefly Galaxies from FT on 9/15 and was just notified yesterday (9/29) that it left California, presumably for my location. So I should get it in a few days. It will be my first RDTA styled tank so it should be interesting to see how it vapes.

I haven’t tried a lot of tanks, but to me the Kayfun Mini V3 (clone) is still my benchmark for flavor.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
You don't like gold plating and rather have all SS? For TC vapers, gold plating is far better, since SS has too much resistance (has its own TCR value) and some of the power you throw at the coil is used to heat that SS. So it makes it less efficient without gold plating.

If or when the plating flakes off, it won't be better. I do prefer bare SS.

Some reviewers have also said they don't like gold plating on the fasteners. Those are high wear and definitely the most likely spot to see problems. I don't like plating (or paint) on any part of a RBA.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I haven’t tried a lot of tanks, but to me the Kayfun Mini V3 (clone) is still my benchmark for flavor.

Is the Mini V3 better than the Prime? Which clone are you using? I wanted to buy one but wasn't sure which clone to get. I saw a couple on FT but they didn't have good reviews. Are any of the good clones still available?

Reactions: stols001

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Is the Mini V3 better than the Prime? Which clone are you using? I wanted to buy one but wasn't sure which clone to get. I saw a couple on FT but they didn't have good reviews. Are any of the good clones still available?
I haven’t tried the Prime. The thing looked too tall/big for my liking and I thought the airflow might be too loose for me.

My Kayfun Mini v3 clone is made by Tobeco. They were hard to come by last I looked - which was admittedly some time ago. Saw a bunch of clones recently here, but I haven’t tried any of them, nor have I ever ordered from the vendor:

Buy Kayfun Mini v3 and get free shipping on AliExpress.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread