hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It’s been a few months since I’ve done a review for Sourcemore but here I am again with yet another review for you. Today I’ll be taking a look at the Vapefly Kriemhild 80W kit. I’ve been looking forward to receiving this kit as I’ve heard some good things about it. Hopefully that holds true. The kit consists of the Kriemhild 80W mod and the Gunther sub ohm tank. The mod can use 18650/20700/21700 batteries. The mod only does VW or Bypass modes but I have no issue with that as I rarely use TC any more. The mod has all the basic safety features as well as the Security Alarm System that will use a buzzer to alert the user to a problem and was contributed by the German 103 Team. The Gunther tank is one I was not familiar with before receiving it but is compatible with FreeCore™ K series coils (Kriemhild II Coil) and Kriemhild II RMC. It is supposed to be leak proof but we will just have to see how that goes later. It has a 3.5ml capacity with the straight glass and a 5ml capacity with the bubble glass that is included.

LGF6fm4.jpg

eqnef4R.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Kriemhild 80W Box Mod
    1* Gunther Sub Ohm Tank
    1* 0.2ohm Duplex™ Mesh Coil
    1* 0.3ohm Mesh Coil
    1* 510 Adapter
    1* Straight Glass Tube 3.5ml
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* Battery Adapter
    1* Accessories Bag
    2* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

Xf0CBBB.jpg

upload_2022-2-11_10-2-33.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Mod Size: 87.5*43.7*30.0mm

Tank Size: 25.2*54.5mm

Battery Type: Single 18650/20700/21700 (not included)

Output Voltage: 0.5-8V

Power Range: 5-80W

Output Mode: VW/Bypass

Coil Resistance: 0.1-3.5ohm

Screen: 0.49 inch OLED

E-juice Capacity: 3.5ml, 5ml (with bubble glass)

Drip Tip: 810(510 adapter included)

Coils: FreeCore™ Duplex™ Mesh Coil 0.2ohm, FreeCore™ Mesh Coil 0.3ohm, Kriemhild II RMC

Filling Type: Top filling

Color: Silver, Gunmetal, Black, Black & Gold

aNsK263.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Contains Vapefly Kriemhild 80W Box Mod and Gunther Sub Ohm Tank

2. 80W max output power, Top refilling system

3. Top airflow leak-proof, U shaped airflow

4. Type-C fast charging

5. Compatible with FreeCore™ K Series Coils (Kriemhild II Coil), Kriemhild II RMC

6. Security alarm system from German 103 Team

7. Short Circuit/Overheat/10s Vaping/ Fully Charged Alarm

8. Compatible with 18650/20700/21700 battery

9. 3S chip protections: Short Circuit/Over Charge/10s Cut-off/Over-heat/Reversed Battery Connection/Over-current Protection

rVFJj0j.jpg

0Yra1oC.jpg

jpSUB4B.jpg

RjyrKn7.jpg

29sMEbg.jpg

hpg8KjT.jpg

CDvYifa.jpg

JOtFEHy.jpg

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Top_Airflow.gif

kS3Uhw4.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I really like the design of the packaging that Vapefly used on this one and other Vapefly products that I’ve reviewed or purchased. It reminds me of an old scroll or parchment. On the front along with the Vapefly name is the name of the device, a sketch of the device, a couple features, and a sticker so you know what color device is inside. On the back of the box is a list of features, information on Vapefly and how to contact them, and a scratch off security code.

upload_2022-2-11_10-10-15.png

upload_2022-2-11_10-10-28.png

Included in the kit is the Gunther sub ohm tank that uses the same coils as the Kriemhild 2 tank. The base of the tank actually measures about 24.5mm but tapers out quickly to 25.2mm which is the dimension given in the specifications. The tank is very easy to take apart and clean. The drip tip that is included is an 810 tip that flares out a little on the bottom to match the top cap. In the accessories there is a 510 drip tip adapter in case you would prefer that. Although the top cap for the tank has notches in it, with the degree of taper, I found it difficult to turn the cap to remove it. It seats rather tight on to the top of the tank.

Once the top is removed, the fill ports are exposed and have the leak resistant gaskets so you won’t want to fill this one with a glass dropper unless you like making a mess. I personally don’t like the gaskets which seem to have become a trend among many tanks. This tank is a top airflow tank and has two double sets of airflow slots on each side. However, both on each side are adjusted at the same time. This tank offers a large amount of airflow and even running it 1/3 open found it to be a loose enough DTL for me. The center of the tank has a picture of a king or something on one side and on the other side is the word “MIN” to indicate the minimum liquid level recommended before refilling. The liquid capacity is 3.5ml with the straight glass and 5ml with the bubble tank which is the way I have been running it since I received it.

The base of the tank has a gold plated center pin and the Gunther name is etched in the bottom along with a serial number and the words Designed and manufactured by Vapefly. Despite my issue with the top cap being hard to remove, I really did enjoy using this tank. I’m not surprised though since it uses the same coils as the Kriemhild 2 tank that I reviewed some time ago. It isn’t included but you can use the RMC rebuildable coil kit with this tank. The two coils included are the .2 ohm coil rated for 45-60 watts and the .3 ohm coil rated for 40-55. The .2 ohm coil is the Duplex coil and the .3 ohm coil is a standard mesh.

upload_2022-2-11_10-11-4.png

upload_2022-2-11_10-11-19.png

upload_2022-2-11_10-11-30.png

upload_2022-2-11_10-11-43.png

Now to move on to the Kriemhild 80W mod. This one’s a little different from what I’ve seen in a while. On the front of the mod is the fire button, plus and minus buttons, and USB-C charging port but unlike most other mods, there isn’t a screen on the front. The buttons protrude some from the face of the mod which I personally like since I can pick it up and fire or adjust without looking for the buttons. The fire button has horizontal grooves in it while the plus and minus buttons have grooves cut in them that angle up for the plus and angle down for the minus. The buttons have a nice feel to them and no rattle at all on the sample I received.

upload_2022-2-11_10-12-15.png

Both sides look the same on the zinc alloy body and have a circular design on the nameplate with Kriemhild in the middle. With receiving the silver model, it was very difficult to get the right lighting for the Kriemhild name to be visible while taking a picture.

The screen for this mod is actually on the top in front of the 510 connection plate. I’ve seen one before with a top screen but it’s been so long that I don’t remember what it was. This is a very simplistic mod that feels very solid and well built. It has only two modes which are Wattage and Bypass. It does not do TC. The screen shows only the basic information which is as follows and does not have a puff counter which I kind of wish it did.

- Set wattage

- Battery level indicator

- Coil resistance

- Output voltage

The button operation is as follows.

- Press the fire button 5 times to turn on and off

- Press the fire button 3 times to switch modes

- Press the fire button and + button to flip the screen

- Press the fire button and the – button to go into stealth mode

- Press the + and – buttons to lock the adjustment but will still fire

upload_2022-2-11_10-12-48.png

upload_2022-2-11_10-13-3.png

The top plate will probably only hold a 26mm or so tank without overhang due to the way the top edges of the mod are tapered. The 510 plate is held in place with three torx screws and the center pin is gold plated and spring loaded which has pretty much become standard on most quality made mods.

The battery cap is the threaded cap style that we see used on many mods these days. You flip the half circle lever up and can unscrew the battery cap. This mod includes an 18650 battery adapter inside but you can also use a 20700 or 21700 battery. Inside the battery opening you can see that it is marked with a red + sign in the bottom. The battery cap itself was not marked. The battery cap does have four slots cut in it for battery venting.

IjDaIKU.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I was not disappointed with the Vapefly Kriemhild 80W kit. The mod is a little heavy but gives that feeling of a quality device. Kind of like when you pick up a nice weighted pen. It is very simplistic in design and operation but it has performed flawlessly during my time using it.

The tank delivers very good flavor in my opinion and feels well built. It might be just me but I do have an issue with the difficulty in removing the top cap due to the way that it is tapered and the edge at the bottom is thin where it’s difficult for me to get a grip in to remove it. The notches in the top cap were little or no help to me in gripping the top cap most likely due to the angle it tapers down at. That being said, I experienced no leaking whatsoever and consider it to be a solid and well-made tank. It’s also nice that it is compatible with the RMC rebuild kit.

I wasn’t sure if I’d like the screen being on top of the mod but have quickly grown used to it. I don’t know if it is or isn’t but would hope the screen is sealed with some type of gasket so that if you were to have a leaking tank then the liquid wouldn’t get down into the electronics. That would be my only concern with the screen on top.

So, would I recommend the Vapefly Kriemhild 80W kit for you? Well, if you’re looking for a solid well-built mod that offers only VW and Bypass and a tank that delivers very good flavor with stock coils and has a rebuild kit available then yes. I cannot vouch for the rebuild kit but with the quality I’ve seen so far from Vapefly, I would like to think that it’s going to work well.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi for sending the Vapefly Kriemhild 80W kit for this review. Thanks also and as always to you the readers. Below is a coupon code and a link if you’d like to try one for yourself.

Vapefly Kriemhild 80W Kit with 5ml Gunther Sub Ohm Tank (sourcemore.com)

COUPON CODE: KR80K for $54.69

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread