Vapefly Kriemhild II 2 Sub Ohm Tank - Review by Javichu (Sourcemore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Salutations fellow vapers :)

Time to take a look at the Vapefly Kriemhild II 2 Sub Ohm Tank which was sent to me by my friends over at Sourcemore for the purposes of the review.

IMG_20211010_152636.jpg

Back in Black baby!!

Pairs quite nicely with the Jackaroo Mini if i might say so ;)

First of all let us get started with some pictures with some info of said atomizer:

CHOICE OF COLORS:

I5KAl1Z.png

CONTENTS OF THE PACKAGE (3 DIFFERENT VERSIONS)

PACKAGE.jpeg

DETAILED LOOK OF ALL THE PARTS THAT COMPOSE THE KRIEMHILD II:

CyfeMP3.png

CLOSE UP WITH THE MEASUREMENT OF THE ATOMIZER:

ZWjJi5O.png

COILS AVAILABLE:

FcqJljX.png

EASY REFILL:

10002873_vapefly_kriemhild_2_refill.png

SPECIFICATION AND FEATURES:

Material: Stainless Steel + Pyrex Glass.
Colors: SS, Black, Gunmetal.
Pull-Plug Coil Replacement.
810 Drip Tip Included.
510 Drip Tip Adapter Included.
0.2ohm FreeCore K-1 Duplex KA1 Mesh Coil, 45-60W.
0.3ohm FreeCore K-2 KA1 Mesh Coil, 40-55W.
Dimension: 25.0 x 51.2 mm.

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

As usual with Vapefly the packaging is pretty good,since i got the Peace version here is a list of the contents of what was in the box:

1 x Kriemhild II (P version)
1 x FreeCore K-1 Duplex Mesh coil 0.2ohm, KA1
1 x FreeCore Mesh coil K-2 0.3ohm, KA1
1 x Bubble glass 5ml
1 x 510 adapter
1 x Accessories

First time you take it out of the box and you hold it in your hand you see this is a well crafted atomizer with a high end feel to it.

Sometimes with atomizers and particularly if they are partially made with plastic like material you get a feeling of flimsiness,like you have to be EXTRA careful so you don't bend,snap or crack anything.

This is not the case with the Kriemhild II,it is all metal and very solid,you might get a scratch or two if you drop it but i doubt it will break (glass aside that is).

VAPING TIME:

Time to get this party started!!

Took apart the atomizer to give it a nice cleaning (spotless inside,no fingerprints or stains) and then i dried it out with some paper towels.

Keep in mind this a tank has quite a few different pieces,not embarrassed to say i had to look at the manual to make sure i put it together the right way.

Decided to stick with the coil that was already in the atomizer (FreeCore K-1 Duplex Mesh coil 0.2ohm, KA1)

Primed the coil and let it set for 15 minutes before i got started and yeah baby nice and fluid flavor off this atty.

Coil i was using is rated for 45 watts to 60 watts so i started low and then kept on increasing the wattage.

You folks know me,i am not really a cloud chaser nor i like hot vapes so even thou i did give it a try at 60 watts i had to tone it down 36-40 watts,that was the right vape for me.

After 2 days of full use and by this i mean it is the only atomizer i have used i gotta say i am impressed,flavor as good as the first puffs and apart from some leaking (will explain later on) i have had not 1 complaint about the Kriemhild II.

To be honest i am not a sub-ohm vaper,my sweet spot is 26 watts to 30 watts on a 0.20'ish ohm coil.

So when reviewing sub-ohm tanks like this i have to really try not to give it a bad rating just based on my vaping habits,same goes for MTL devices.

Airflow? well i did wish there was a click when you move the airflow ring,something so you don't have to judge by eye where you want the airflow ring to be positioned.
It is a bit airy and noise wise well you do get some noise but it is not bad,not like other atomizers that really whistle.

Leaking issue:

Well this is kinda odd,when i refill the tank sometimes it leaks and sometimes it doesn't.
After it leaked 2 times i took it apart to see if it was assembled correctly or if there was a faulty o-ring.

Couldn't find the problem even after taking it all apart and putting it back together again,not sure it's user error or maybe something i missed.

Now while writing this review i have refilled the tank 6 times without no leaking,so i am drawing a blank on this to be honest.

PROS:

-Aesthetically speaking this is one gorgeous atomizer
-The build quality of the Kriemhild II is superb,really nice high end feel to it
-Easy tank fill method
-510 drip tip adapter
-Very good flavor

CONS:

-Might be a PTSD related issue but i did own another atomizer that had the silicone gasket where it had the filling ports and it gave me a lot of problems...so i am unsure on how this one will stand up to the test of time.

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS TANK:

For a sub-ohm vaper i think it really depends on how you vape,keep in mind there are only 2 types of coils for this tank so it is slim pickings at the moment (RBA announced for this atomizer but it is not out yet).

But if you like the coils then yeah this is one solid atomizer that is well built and that will last you a long time.

Thanks again to all my friends at Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to review this atomizer.

As usual here you have a code in case you decide to acquire this tank:

Code: VK2ST

Vapefly Kriemhild II 2 Sub Ohm Tank 4/5ml Tank Atomizer

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread