Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at the Vapefly Lindwurm rta. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Vapefly Lindwurm rta; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • 1. Rugged Vapefly Lindwurm RTA Atomizer
    • 2. Laser engravings and corrosion finishes
    • 3. Diameter 25.5mm, Drip Tip 810 + 510 Adapter
    • 4. Top filling system, 5ml capacity
    • 5. Precise bottom and side multiple airflow
    • 6. Hidden adjustment of the air flow
    • 7. Single coil deck design
    • 8. Excellent DL vaping experience
    • 9. 6 interchangeable airflow pins like those of Brunhilde MTL RTA

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 2.JPG

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; Packaging:
    Vapefly continues to produce very beautiful packaging boxes inherent in the legendary Germanic culture. The outer sleeve shows the colors of an ancient parchment. The name "Lindwurm RTA" appears in Gothic style characters, they are also present; the wording "Untamed Dragon" logo and name of the Brand (Vapefly) and a sticker showing the color of this sample (Silver).

On the back side of the sleeve you can read that this Tank was developed in collaboration with German 103! Under the heading "Lindwurm RTA" the features appear as follows; various social icons, brand addresses and contacts, warnings, scratc & check, barcode, logos / brands.

"Lindwurm RTA" is also featured on one side of the box with a mix of Gothic and conventional writing.

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 3.jpg

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; Packing List:
    • 1 * Vapefly Lindwurm RTA
    • 1 * 5ml straight glass tube
    • 2 * Firebolt Cotton Laces
    • 2 * Pre-built Coil 26ga (KA1) x3 + 38ga (KA1) Ø3mm of 0.3Ω
    • 1 * 510 Drip Tip Adapter
    • 1 * Screwdriver
    • 3 * Allen screws
    • 5 * Air Pin
    • 1 * Oring

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 4.jpg

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; Specifications:
    • Diameter: Φ25.5mm
    • Filling: Superior
    • Capacity: 5ml
    • Air flow: Bottom and side
    • Deck: Single coil
    • Air pin: 0.9, 1.2, 1.4, 1.8, 2.1, 2.5mm
    • Drip Tip: 810

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 5.JPG

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; Available colours:
    • Silver
    • Black
    • Gunmetal

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 6.jpg

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; First Impressions:
    Lindwurm in the ancient superstition of Germany, would be a tremendous beast similar to a serpent-like dragon with legs but without wings. The Lindwurm was believed to symbolize war, plague and other calamities. With these beautiful premises, Vapefly with the collaboration of the German 103 team has produced another product that is really not bad in some respects.

I haven't had the privilege of testing the Brunhilde MTL RTA Tank, but I have noticed that Brunhilde MTL's Airpins are the same and are interchangeable with Lindwurm's, and while I was just thinking this might suit my RDL Vape style well, Sourcemore kindly gave me the option to choose a new device for the review. So I took the opportunity to remove my some curiosities and enthusiastically chose Lindwurm RTA.

When the courier rang the bell, I was at home, I run downstairs to collect the package and immediately opened it. Really everything I wanted was inside the box. Lindwurm RTA looks solid and not too tall, I like the style a lot, on the other hand "103" is the same team that designed Brunhilde RTA.

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 7.jpg

When choosing a new Tank it is important that you already have a Mod that can guarantee it the best technical / functional support, but you must also carefully evaluate the aesthetics. Vapefly Brunhilde SBS Mod 100W in combination with Lindwurm Tank RTA, can really guarantee all this. Don't you find this combination pretty? I love it, and a lot.

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 8.jpg

Lindwurm RTA can be easily broken down into 6 main elements; the glass is protected by a sturdy cage with artistic "windows" obtained by laser and with the edges worked with a special "corrosion" technique to give it an antique look. The top cap has an inner ring for the Drip Tip 810, also via the metal adapter (included in the kit) you can also install your favorite 510 Drip Tip. The central block has the bell internally threaded to join the Deck. In the upper external part there are 2 rings for the glass and one for the cage. The single-coil deck offers numerous interesting combinations in terms of airflow; with calibrated nozzles, slots and holes that are arranged in such a way as to offer the user a rather large combined action in terms of adjustments.

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 9.jpg

With a diameter of only 25.5mm the Lindwurm RTA is developed well in height, but not too much, I would say just enough to hold up to 5ml of e-liquid with a straight and not rounded glass. The type of refill from the top requires you to unscrew the top cap by 1/2 a turn and then use one of the two large slots for filling, which are protected by silicone membranes. The main elements of this tank, starting from the top cap and ending with the AFC adjustment ring, are held together by some solid "bayonet joints". This type of construction when it is well done (as in this case) considerably reduces the assembly / disassembly time of the individual parts.

Vapefly Lindwurm RTA 10.JPG

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-11.jpg

In the image below you can see the central one-piece structure upside down, this to make you observe the internal thread and the hemispherical conformation of the dome. When reassembling the glass you have to insert it from the bottom, then the upper part of the glass will rest on an o-ring, while two internal o-rings will guarantee its sealing at the top. By removing the top cap, you can insert the steel cage from top to bottom and the spur indicated with an arrow (when you screw the deck) will automatically adjust the correct position of the glass. So you can turn the cage into any position and keep the decorations in the exact spot you like.

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-12.jpg

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; Bottom AFC + Side AFC:
    The ingenious double external air control system is hidden from view, to see it it is necessary to extract the rotating ring, downwards it by pulling . This ring has a bayonet quick coupling / disengagement system. The rotating ring has rotation stops and slides over an o-ring which also performs the task of limiting condensate leakage (excellent system). The 4 grooves inside the ring have different widths and depths between them, in this way you can independently adjust 2 different slots (bottom AFC) in combination with other 2 different air passages (side AFC). Practically turning the ring nut you get a multitude of combinations in the regulation and orientation of the air flow towards the coil.

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-13.jpg

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-14.jpg

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; Single Coil Deck:
    The deck structure includes a single coil that can be easily installed on the turrets by means of two Allen screws. The cotton containment slots are located in an elevated position and are dimensionally correct for a 3mm coil like the one supplied. Therefore, during the construction of the coil it is necessary to thin the cotton well, especially if you will use diameters greater than 3mm. The internal air flow is distributed by the turrets; on one side through a single rather large hole, and on the other side by three holes aligned horizontally. In the center between the turrets there is the calibrated nozzle that can be replaced with 5 others that we will see shortly.

On the bottom, the 510 pin is adjustable and removable, we also find the C E mark, the disposal logo and the writing "Lindwurm Designed By German 1o3 manufacturing by vapefly".

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-15.jpg

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-16.jpg

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; Airflow Pins:
    To harmonize the double external control of the air flow with the internal one; Vapefly has included in the Lindwurm package 6 different types of nozzles (Air Pins) which are calibrated differently between them. The 0.9mm Air Pin is what you will find installed by default, the others are respectively; 1.2 / 1.4 / 1.8 / 2.1 / 2.5mm.

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-17.jpg

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; Airflow Pins: Coil Build:
    In the image below you can see the various installation phases of one of the two original coils contained in the package. It is a pre-built 26ga (KA1) x3 + 38ga (KA1) Coil with a Ø3mm 0.3Ω diameter to push between 30 and 40W. Once you have chosen the air-pins (for this coil I chose the 2.5mm one) you can insert the legs of the coil and tighten the screws. I advise you to adjust the height of the coil according to the position of the air passage holes that are placed on the side of the turrets. Finally you can easily cut the protruding legs. You can activate the coil at a power of 15 / 20W to see if everything works, then after the coil has cooled you can insert the cotton by thinning the ends just enough to be able to insert them effortlessly into the two slots.

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-18.jpg

► Vapefly Lindwurm RTA; Vaping test & final conclusions:
    Before starting the construction of the coil, I did some reasoning, but I already had a very clear idea of what I wanted to get from Lindwurm RTA. The first thing I did was to install the 2.5mm airpin, to be used with the 0.3Ω coil supplied. This is because I wanted to quickly get close to the ideal setting for my favorite RDL vaping, which is made of hot vapor, not too loose airflow and strong Hit (throat hit).

Coil installation was a quick operation, as was the finishing of the cotton. The coil gave me a value of 0.30Ω exactly as described! So I started from 30W, the heating is not slow, but not super fast either. So I cranked up the power to 35W before trying 40W. I soon realized that the starting point would be 35W, because the heating rate, the heat of the vapor and the flavor were starting to be well balanced. So I tried all possible airflow combinations (Bottom + Side) and found really significant differences in the amplitude of the flow. Then I decided that I would use both Bottom AFC and Side AFC settings fully open and for a combined action of them. Now I was really getting close to my ideal vaping; decent flavor, medium potency, hit to throath. Since I wanted to keep the power at 35W and slightly increase the hit in the throat, while also getting hotter vapor, I selected a rather large diameter Drip-Tip 510 from my spare parts, and installed it. The result was optimal for me, and I got everything I was looking for from the Vapefly Lindwurm RTA. Sure, the clouds with this configuration aren't very dense, the taste is decent, but I managed to amplify the other features that most interested me and in a short time..

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-19.jpg

Someone might complain of excessive noise and some hissing with some airflow adjustments, and this is the only aspect that may be criticized, but not annoying to me. I have thought a lot about it trying to find other objectionable aspects, but I really don't know of what else one could complain about using the lindwurm RTA.
    The strengths of Lindwurm RTA are really many, starting from the aesthetics and robustness, or the purely technical aspects that distinguish it. I particularly liked the AFC multiple adjustment system that allows you different custom adjustments based on the coils. You can pull out a slightly contrasted DL type vape, if you use the original Coil and the supplied 2.5mm air-pin. But also a highly adjustable and Hit-loaded RDL vaping type. Or you can also remove the air-pin leaving the hole completely open and free, to get a rather loose DL vape. But of course to get the maximum DL performance (More vapor and more flavor) you will need to install a lower resistance than the one supplied and at the same time select a higher power in watts. It may seem absurd but you could also install a 0.6Ω coils in combination with the use of the smaller AirPins and a 510 Drip-tip, what you will get will be an unexpected MTL / RDL vape, thanks to the effectiveness of the double external adjustment system Bottom + Side AFC, which also allows you to precisely adjust narrow air passages. I had a great time playing with this Vapefly Lindwurm RTA, looking for and finding an excellent RDL (Restricted Direct Lung) compromise for me. If you think that what I have described in this test may also stimulate your desire to play with a cute and highly configurable tank, then you can certainly invest a small amount of money to start having fun.

I would like to thank Sourcemore for providing me with this Sample. I hope this review was useful for anyone looking to purchase the Vapefly Lindwurm RTA.
    Sourcemore discount code to get Vapefly Lindwurm RTA priced at only $ 23.59 is: VLIR

Thanks for reading.

Vapefly-Lindwurm-RTA-20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread