Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
*Note, this is spelled Nicolas, but I can't change the topic header*

This tank does very little wrong.

3ml capacity whilst retaining a small size.

Super easy top unscrew to fill - and you can fill all the way to the TOP with no leaks once top re screwed.

two coils.. a 1.8ohm, 10-13 watts which is a cooler more nautilus 1.8 style vape.
a 0.6ohm, 18-25 watts with ridiculous vapour for a MTL and outstanding taste.. every nuance of the e juice is present. Right now I have the halo twisted turnover apple strudel 24mg juice in there, and i am picking up flavours I hadn't before, like more crust, and a semi sweet & sour note.

My pick is the 0.6 even though it is warmer.. I am at 21.5 watts and it hasn't given a single dry hit.. it wicks very very well. Interestingly, i did not manually prime the coil at all, because it is a drop in and disappear design so you can't prime it when screwed to the base, and my hands are too fidgety to prime a tiny coil on it's own. I just let it sit for ten minutes after filling, and took 3 unpowered pulls (dry puffs).

I am now experimenting with it in taste control mode on an ijoy solo, and i find around 98% at 21.5 watts gives the desired hit every time. Also experimenting with temp control on a hohm wrecker.. but honestly this does not need it as the wicking is spot on.

Note, this is 70 PG juice and I do not have high nic VG juice to test it. An examination of the coil structure gives me very little reason to believe there would be an issue with the 0.6 but I am not 100% sure about the 1.8.

THIS IS A MTL tank.. that means, even with airflow fully open, it's a MTL draw.. THANK YOU VAPEFLY.

It disassembles into drip tip/top fill cover/glass and chimney combined/base

So let's do the pros and cons

PROS:
1) tough glass. very first fill it went flying from my fidgety hands onto the hard wood, from chest height and i'm 6ft4. Not even a scratch on the glass and there has been no damage to the base connector

2)Coils are easy to fit. Just pop them in and pull them out.. no guiding or specific placement required. You simply pop it in. Note, i am not sure if you can change when liquid is inside, and the manual does not mention this either way. The way it is designed, it has a coil chimney like the mini triton.. so i would imagine, if the juice is less than half way, ie when upside down, not high enough to pour into the chimney when the coil is removed, it should be ok.

3) great flavour

4) Accurately rated coil wattages without dry hits

5) Simple yet elegant looks with excellent knurling to grab and unscrew

6) Ridiculously easy to refill, and can be done all the way to the very top without pressure spillage

7) Drip tip is plastic rather than metal and has THE perfect size draw hole

8) Very much a MTL tank with a fantastic range of air flow from uber tight like a cig, to somewhat loose but still a MTL

9)3 ML capacity rather than the stupid EU 2ml ones coming out in droves

10) all parts unscrewed super easy from the get go.. almost all my other tanks needed a removal tool for the first unscrew.

11) Drip tip very easy to remove, and 510 compatible (yay!)

12)100% accurate viewing of juice level at all times

CONS:
1) Drip tip is just a tiny bit too short, your mouth can hit the top of the tank

2) The way the chimney is designed, don't do more than a couple unpowered pulls or you get juice in your mouth..

3) AFC needs more resistance, it is just a bit too easy to move around

4) Glass is permanently attached to inner chimney and i can't even see where the o rings are to get to them, so, bear in mind it doesn't come apart to just the naked glass.. (however i did rinse it before first use with no issue and it was dry fairly quickly).

5) Only made for pre built coils and i'd like therefore to see a SS316 one for proper TC control.. Please Vapefly. Do what aspire never has;) But yeah, not for RTA users. This is built for ultimate simplicity, so a very subjective con, as it's a pro for me.

6) 3ml capacity is stil barely enough for a day.. If you want an all night outing MTL pre built coil tank, without any worry you will run out, the pro tank 4 with 1.5 SSOCC is still the answer due to massive capacity.

7) Minor gurgling on refill, which i have experienced with every single top fill tank i have ever used.. But, i have to list it to be 100% balanced in my review.. a few tokes and it's gone :) Or you can do 1 upside down fire into a tissue and that will clear it.

Overall a solid 8.5/10 and one of the best MTL tanks that uses pre built coils in a long, long time. Knocks the elf and Naut 2 out of the park for me. Yes, those two have access to a wide variety of bvc coils, BUT, the Nicolas is easier to refill than all of them without any chance the glass will come off, due to the base screwing in, and it has the higher capacity and well, i think the coils are simply better. Aspire never really improved on their 1.8 bvc from years back and this is finally a decent alternative.. And the 0.6 coil just slaughters aspire's 0.7 and ijoy's 0.5 BVC's (again, imo).

I can't "properly" judge throat hit as i barely feel anything with any tank anymore, even with 36mg juice (mini triton 1.8 coil and 36mg juice i feel nothing), therefore i am fairly certain i have throat damage.. Sorry i can't really give an accurate description for throat hit.

EDIT: I didn't vape for a few hours and my throat hit came back temporarily as it usually does. I was therefore able to directly compare this to nautilus (1.8, 0.7 and nickel 0.15). It's a little better! Even after a few hits, i started getting zilch out of the nautilus coils, and the vapefly was still providing a bit of TH. It's a smooth but defined hit, you feel it, without any harshness. These tests all conducted with 24mg Halo juice. For comparison, the sense blazer has absolutely nothing, not even a tickle.

Next i will review the sense blazer nano - heads up - I hate it. MTL coil airflow design but with a terrible MTL experience - stay tuned.

Last edited:

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Thank you for the review. I have been wanting to try this tank also. As of right now, I use the vaporesso drizzle tank on top of a tarot nano at 12 watts. Although, I do love this tank for mtl, they seem to wear out pretty quick and there is no replacement orings etc. I just hope the Nicolas tank gets popular enough for coils to be easily ordered in the usa.

Reactions: Vesh

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Guys I have to add something.. With the 0.6 coil, repeated puffs gets the drip tip too hot. It's not as bad as the blazer nano which burns you, but it's hot. No issues with the 1.8. The 1.8 is basically going to give you a similar vape to a nautilus 2 (not 1, as nicolas has much better airflow than first nautilus) with the 1.8 bvc coil.

So i recommend finding a slightly longer delrin or pom tip, which i have now done and solved it. But just a heads up, as I have to be fair.

Ok edit.. longer MTL delrin drip tip has solved all spit-back and heat issues.. Also, the joyetech MTL tips with anti spit-back swirls inside work well.. But the thing is, i put the nicolas MTL drip tip on the blazer nano, and that has made it 100x better now.. full review coming up

Last edited:

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Just got this tank in today. I have to say, I agree, it is a great mouth to lung tank! I just hope it takes off enough that the coils are available. I will say, I do think I like my vaporesso drizzle tank a bit better. Seems I can get it a bit tighter of a draw, and just seems to have a little more punch. Maybe that is because the coil is 1.4 ohm, not 1.8. Maybe I am just use to the drizzle tank, but I am not complaining by any means. The nicolas does seem to be a better built tank than the drizzle, and looks nice on the tarot nano. If you want more eliquid capacity, the nicolas is nice for the 3 ml. I will be ordering some more 1.8 coils as back up to my drizzle tank. Very good tank, and to me, a better tank than the nauitilus 2.

Reactions: Vesh

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
not sure how you missed the Nicholas has a 0.6 ohm MTL coil also? It has way more punch than almost any pre built MTL coil, honestly.

Indeed the 1.8 is in the same ball park as many other 1.8 coils, and the vaporesso 1.4 coils are quite decent, so i understand how you could prefer those. I have used them in the guardian tank but they discontinued them and now only the 0.6 is available for MTL in the guardian. However they still make the 1.3 and 1.4 for the drizzle, and since the entire drizzle kit is so cheap, i will be getting one at some point soon to review and test.

Reviews I am putting the final touches to now are the sense blazer nano, and the vaporesso aurora zippo lighter thing. All my reviews will be for MTL vaping as direct lung vaping is so well covered already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread