The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vapefly Nicolas mtl day 10

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Captfirefox1, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Captfirefox1

Captfirefox1 Full Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Ten days with the Vapefly Nicolas mtl and all good so far. No leaks, easy top fill, simple coil change, good threads.
    Simple good Vaper, just what us ex smokers are looking for.
    I have 2 now, one I use for home with a low cost vape and one for the Pub with a high PG no cloud vape. Ive found clouds of vape trouble some non smokers, they view it all as smoke and I dont always have the chance to explain that its only harmless vapour.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gentle Smoke

Gentle Smoke Senior Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Good thing they can't see you breath. They'd want you to stop that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I had a vapefly tank for a while, I liked it. It now belongs to the husband who also likes it. It's a nice tank, honestly, IMHO I just kind of moved more toward other things.

Hope you continue to enjoy it.

Anna

4. Captfirefox1

Captfirefox1 Full Member

Apr 5, 2019
    I have tried 2 tanks with poor results now so have got back to the Vapefly Nicolas. I have ordered 2 new tanks the Vapefly Galaxie and something called a True mtl, hopes for better.

5. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I agree vaping is a life saver and way way better then smoking, but harmless? Perhaps you mean harmless to them? I certainly would agree with that, I think second hand vapor is pretty much harmless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. Captfirefox1

Captfirefox1 Full Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Didnt have much luck with the True mtl, cant complain too much as am only beginner with rebuildables, however the Vapefly Galaxie appears to me to be a real star, no leaking, well engineered, good design and all round good for a beginner like me.
    Am still using the Vapefly Nicolas (day 17) as a comparison vape for these new ones. Do get a hot coil sometimes with the Nicolas but a coil change soon fixes.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    How many coils in 17 days?

8. Captfirefox1

Captfirefox1 Full Member

Apr 5, 2019
    2 for each tank and they are about £6.50 for 5,that from vaping all day. I try not to spend on coils or vape which is a low cost one.

9. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Sorry, but I dont understand any of that. :)
    Is that 4 coils in 17 days?

10. Captfirefox1

Captfirefox1 Full Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Yes, 4 coils, 2 tanks, 17 days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Post your problems with the true RTA into the dedicated Ehpro True RTA thread. There's plenty of experienced builders who will help you out :thumb:

12. Captfirefox1

Captfirefox1 Full Member

Apr 5, 2019
    The Pangu rta, the True rta, the Siren 2 rta and the Vapefly Galaxie rta all mtl and all overspilled juice and yer dont need the even occaisional risk of that if your taking one to the pub.
    The Geekvape Ammit rta promises no leaks and having used one for a day now I have had no problems with overspill at all. Good bit of kit. Strong good threads, good design.
    However am not yet a convert to rta from the Vapefly Nicolas mtl now on day 25.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Captfirefox1

Captfirefox1 Full Member

Apr 5, 2019
    About 40 days with the 2 Vapefly Nicolas that I own. I have used 10 coils (changing them at the least sign of a problem) am so lazy nowadays! and short of patience with new gear. ( so much duff gear from china)
    Seriously though I thinks coils should easy be good for 7 days each.

14. My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Hi - is that 10 coils between the 2 tanks? If it's an average of 8 days per coil (per tank?), that's not too bad. If it's 10 coils per tank, that's not so hot.

A good measure is how much liquid you're able to use before swapping the coil.

Still, at least swapping them out is easy with the Nicolas!

15. Captfirefox1

Captfirefox1 Full Member

Apr 5, 2019
    Sorry my results not officially scientific 'itaste Kroma A + Vapefly Nicolas tank'
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. basilia
    This message by basilia has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 24, 2019, Reason: Spam.
    May 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.