Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
San Francisco
I bought a couple. I like the look, especially the 510 connector, unlike those stupid Kangers and their ego threading. The draw is really tight. So much so that I plan on taking my dremel to it and widening the air channels. It wicks just ok. With such a tight draw, it's hard to tell if I'm getting any dry hits. I still think the Kangers are the best bottom coil clearos except for the looks (I HATE knurling and ego threading).

NoLeak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Dec 8, 2009
    USA
    I have two Vapeonly BCC Mega's. I can't say enough good things about them. I've been waiting for a product like this for years. I've tried a lot of attys/cartos/clearos/tanks and I've never been completely happy with any of them. The Vapeonly is the first product I'm 100% happy with. I wouldn't change a thing. A lot of thought was put into the design and it shows. They raise the bar to another level IMHO.

They do not leak no matter what. I carry them around in my pocket all day without worrying about leaks. I'm talking loose, not screwed into a device and without a drip tip installed. I have yet to have a dry hit and I never worry about the tilt or angle of the device. They're silent! No pops. No gurgles. No whistling. With the drip tip removed, you can sit them down (upside down) and not worry about them falling over or rolling away. They're easy to fill and easy to clean between juice changes. I'm also loving the ability to use my own drip tips and/or go commando (without a drip tip!) They look great, very "acceptable" for public use.

The coil heads are marked with the resistance value on the side. The heads are easy to push in and hold tight. The heads can't come loose because they're push-in rather than screw-in. I haven't had the need to rewick yet but I've torn down a spare head and it looks like rewicking will be very easy.

I use the 2.4ohm heads at 3 to 5 volts. Most of my juice is 80/20 but I've tried 50/50 and 100% pg with good results. I tend to prefer bottom coil designs in general for what it's worth.

Regarding tight draws, the bottom part of the 510 connector is completely sealed. The air inlets are two holes above the connector threads. The sealed connector design is awesome for preventing leaks. However, the air holes can cause a tight draw if you screw the Vapeonly too tightly into your device. If you can't loosen up on the screw-in, you can line the air holes up with the top notches that are in most 510 connectors. Another solution is to buy a 510 "shorty" extension and dremel a little off the top so you can screw the Vapeonly hard into the extension without covering up the air holes. I've done that with other devices that had the "above the thread air holes" but I haven't felt the need to do it with the Vapeonly.

NoLeak

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Dec 8, 2009
    USA
    I started getting a burnt taste in one of my Vapeonly's the other day. Vapor production was still good but it had the burnt taste of a dry hit. I popped the unit open, unplugged the coil head, and removed the smokestack thing that covers the coil. I found that the flavor wick that lays loose on top of that coil had unraveled into many individual pieces. There were black burnt spots near the middle of each of the pieces.

Using a toothpick, I slid all remnants of the flavor wick out of the coil head assembly. The regular wick material and the coil were very clean, especially considering the many ml's of juice I've put through it.

Burnt taste gone! :D And it's producing even better vapor than when the coil head was new. I haven't had any leaking issues as a result of removing the flavor wick. I plan to remove the flavor wick from all of my coil heads before using them.

Diggerf16

Jan 25, 2013
    Hawaii
    I'm in a total love/hate relationship with this thing. I don't mind the tight draw or anything, but I'm tired of getting these dry/burnt hits and having to clean out condensation of the drip tip well. I need an alternative honestly. I need to switch from carto tanks because I'm just over it, but I'm already starting to dislike the Vapeonly BCC and yes I have removed wicks and I am using 50/50 juice.

alongo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    Protem, Missouri
    pull one of the wicks out from on top of coil. just take tweezers and pull the top one out, u don't eveven have to take it apart to do this. I have had no more dry hits and no flooding. I do have juice collecting were the tip goes in, so i clean it out every so often. I think maybe I draw to hard, might try drilling out the airs holes just abit for more air and less juice. Will try it when I get another one.

Darksyde

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 6, 2012
    South Carolina
    I was getting flooding issues with my bcc. I realized it was because I was pulling too hard because of the tight draw. It was acting like a straw. I took the post and rubber bushing out of the base and drilled out the air holes to 1/32. So far it's working great! The draw is about halfway between a nova and a carto. It's perfect for me. I just thought I'd share.

jcp42877

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Morrow
    Just thought I'd comment on here after trying some of y'all's methods.

I removed the little smokestack piece of my 2.2 ohm head and tossed the little intertwined wick that was lying on top of the coiled wick. Slapped it back in and started vaping...the thing flooded almost immediately. I blew a little bit into the drip tip and tons of juice came pouring out of the air holes at the bottom all over my hand.

I'm using 50/50 juice btw..

Are some of you saying to only remove one little wick strand? And is removing the smokestack piece even necessary?

Not sure if I need to just widen the air holes by drilling a bit, or just remove one strand of wick off the top or what.

It didn't seem like there was much wick on too anyways..3, MAYBE 4 strands at the most. How does only removing one make that big a difference?

dchest02

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muskegon, MI
    I just got mine yesterday. Took out the three pieces of wick laying on top of the coil, and it leaked like a sieve. Popped off the end, and threw in a couple of pieces of bamboo thread that I bought for my A7, and problem solved.

I absolutely hated every clearo I have tried until now. Now I just need to vape the crap out of it to see how long the coil lasts.

Darksyde

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 6, 2012
    South Carolina
    Basically it seems that you need to have just enough wick to fill the hole so as not to flood but not enough that it chokes off the wicking action. That's a fine line to walk. I have the exact same problem with my protank. I can say that a single 2.5mm wick leaks with mine. I'm going to order some 3mm and try that.

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I also love my BCC, although the vapor can be somewhat thin compared to eVods. I use 60/40 liquids, although it doesn't wick at all with 100% VG AV Hype. For most liquids is a great vape, doesn't gurgle or leak whatsoever. Down side is the cost of replacement heads, too steep compared to the eVods or protanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread