Vaperfexion Kaari 18mm RDA - Coming 11-1-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
EDIT: The early posts in this thread mention a partnership that was not allowable due to ECF rules. However, the show must go on...or in this case...the rda.
The Vaperfexion Kaari is coming soon.
CG
End of Edit

Catfish Atty Mods and Vaperfexion are partnering on a new bottom fed rda. Chowderhead brings his expertise in the bottom-fed rda market and well....we build stuff!
So the first product on the board is a 19mm RDA that we hope will define what a bottom fed RDA should be.
It has a name, a plan and it will be fast tracked to the bottom feeding masses well before Thanksgiving through Catfish Atty Mods.

The rda will be named the Vaperfexion Kaari (car-eee). Kaari means catfish which I feel is fitting. Considering that Catfish Atty Mods will be the only source to get one of these and is the inspiration and guidance behind the bottom fed nature of this rda. We will not offer these for sale on our website nor elsewhere. If you want one, contact Chowderhead and he will get you hooked up (like a catfish on a worm) ok....that was bad.
Catfish Atty Mods has their own thread but everyone from there is more than welcome to hang out or just check in and talk about the Kaari and maybe some future possibilities for the bottom feeding crowd.
I love to visit the Catfish thread but as a forum supplier, it is more appropriate for me to post pictures of products within my forum and this is where that will happen. Of course Chowderhead will have all the latest info and pics in his thread also! And I'll still drop by from time to time and I hope CH comes here and chimes in on occasion.

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I can't wait!! This is going to be awesome!

i was actually going to start a joint venture thread similar to this one. I got a pm from Unforeseen last night that made me think about external perceptions of this venture and while he never mentioned any issues to me it did give me pause. Thank you Cuse for the mission statement; I am in complete agreement with it...

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I can't wait!! This is going to be awesome!

i was actually going to start a joint venture thread similar to this one. I got a pm from Unforeseen last night that made me think about external perceptions of this venture and while he never mentioned any issues to me it did give me pause. Thank you Cuse for the mission statement; I am in complete agreement with it...

Same here with the inquiry from the mods. I understand their need to see what is up though and my goal is to keep everything above board and within forum rules, which I think we have. Since I am a forum supplier, I could give you your own dedicated sticky thread for Catfish within my forum, if you ever wanted to move from your current location across town! That way, we would have everything under one roof so to speak. That is an acceptable forum practice, almost the same as when I started as a supplier and made residence in the Nhaler forum back in the day. Just a thought. Either way, I see some good things coming from this and vapers rejoicing from all around..lol

Last edited:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Sounds good but for now I would like to keep it to two forums to babysit. I barely sleep now...

I will mock up an atty tomorrow when I'm in the shop to show you my thoughts. Apparently there are some strong opinions on what this should look like but my initial thought is an offset zenith deck with a twisted T.
image.jpg

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Yes sir... I despise pressed posts, one piece like the Zenith. View attachment 378177
This one is a crappy clone, one that I destroyed the center post on. One of the many reasons I spec stainless and never brass.

I never press posts. Threaded with locktite is the only way if you're not gonna machine them into the deck

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I never press posts. Threaded with locktite is the only way if you're not gonna machine them into the deck

Not big on the loctite idea at all. I would much rather see silver high temp solder over that or even silicone in a pinch. Is there food grade nsf loctite?

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I guess we could use a ring for air control if we had too

How about a high wall on the deck to minimize leakage and a single layer top cap like the Odin? I would love to do the whole thing Magma style with no O-rings but lets keep it simple for the "come out roll".

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Well I'll be....
Looks like 290, 243 or 2046 would be ok...
I learned something new today...
http://www.henkelna.com/us/content_data/140389_LT5086_FoodBevTL_Brochure_LR.pdf

Not big on the loctite idea at all. I would much rather see silver high temp solder over that or even silicone in a pinch. Is there food grade nsf loctite?

Haha, really? Food-safe loctite is used everywhere! Far safer than any solder that I know of. Loctite #2046 is amazing stuff and you can eat it out of the tube. Totally food-safe.
Loctite#243 is drinking water safe and even stronger.

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Well it appears this project has run afoul of ECF rules and there is really no easy way to fix it. The rules are in place for a good reason and I do understand the bigger picture that those rules are safeguarding.
With that said, Vaperfexion will still produce the Kaari. There are still some options for Catfish and us to accomplish our goal within the rules and we will explore those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread