Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I was at my chiropractor today and told him I'd quit smoking (after he told me I looked like I'd gained a few pounds over the winter, LOL). We were chatting and he mentioned that he didn't miss the smell of smoke on my clothes or my breath. I got that for sure! On the way home, vaping Monkey Business in the car, I started to wonder does a vaper's breath smell like chocolate/banana, vanilla, creme brulee, etc. Since I can't smell my own breath and there is no one here to test it for me other than my dogs (and their breath..well....), thought I'd ask if anyone had ever told any of you that your breath smelled of whatever you'd been vaping (or your kisses). Inquiring minds want to know. :confused:

element9633

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Hmmmm never though about it! I havnt had any girls make note of my breath after vaping then kissing, then again I havnt kissed THAT many girls in the couple months I have been vaping #nogame :unsure:

but I can say, I know the smell lingers in rooms! all my friends make comments about my "banana runt" air freshener when they get in my car lol

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
yes, the flavor most certainly lingers in your mouth. my fiancee likes to guess which flavor i was vaping when she gets a smooch from me after ive been vaping. so that part is good. but, there is a flip side. if/after vaping extensively and not properly re-hydrating yourself, your mouth can dry out. ive noticed that if my mouth drys out enough, bad breath emerges. so its a give-and-take.

element9633

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Charlotte, NC
if/after vaping extensively and not properly re-hydrating yourself, your mouth can dry out. ive noticed that if my mouth drys out enough, bad breath emerges. so its a give-and-take.

this ^ I always forget to drink enough water :facepalm: im going to purchase a Nalgene bottle just to have some water by my side to sip on all day

YuckMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Minnesota
Vape flavors will linger. However, depending on your oral hygiene your breath might actually get worse with vaping than it was when you smoked. Smoking makes your breath smell like an ash tray, but it also makes it nearly impossible for most halitosis causing bacteria to live in your mouth. Some e-liquids may do the same, but some will just provide food for the bacteria and might actually cause your breath to be worse. It all depends on what flavors you're using, but I wouldn't consider vaping to be a breath freshener.

Last edited:

Tibbetts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Vape flavors will linger. However, depending on your oral hygiene your breath might actually get worse with vaping than it was when you smoked. Smoking makes your breath smell like an ash tray, but it also makes it nearly impossible for most halitosis causing bacteria to live in your mouth. Some e-liquids may do the same, but some will just provide food for the bacteria and might actually cause your breath to be worse. It all depends on what flavors you're using, but I wouldn't consider vaping to be a breath freshener.

Yuck, man.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario

On the other hand, PG is a known germicide. Who knows, it might actually reduce halitosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread