Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Wash yo' mouth! J/K. Seriously though, brush your tongue thoroughly at night and in the morning; and something that has helped me (without intending to do so) was to drink lots of carbonated water -- it's something about those damned bubbles that wakes up the palate!

p.s. I recommend carbonated (filtered) water over (carbonated) mineral water since mineral water will have a little sodium.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
thanks working on some Zeus juice and Space Jams Astro will see if this helps..

Dunno about Zeus Juice, but Space Jams... that's very palate intense. If you vape strong custards, then Pluto might not be the best choice. It's a strong candy fruit. You should go for a more subtle, fluid, natural fruit flavor like Jackson's Melon Medley, or perhaps Nicquid Pom Beach or GLV's Panty Dropper (sticking with the pomegranate flavor).

I've found that alternating between strong (or even intense) flavors and more subtle, almost muted flavors keeps the vapers tongue away.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
what category would pluid be under?

Pluid is the one of the most intensely flavored eliquids -- ever! It's an anise/black licorice/fennel (or absinthe-like) tasting liquid with notes of citrus and (to my palate), NyQuil. LOL.

If you ever want to try Pluid, I recommend designating one mod, one drip tip and dadgum near one battery just for that liquid -- it's flavoring is seriously like a dye! I dripped Pluid one time (before I new better) and because it's flavor intensity is so strong, even after changing attys and driptips, I could taste Pluid for days. As it turns out, just the little bit that leeks out onto the contact is enough to permeate all subsequent vapes for quite a long time.

I think Pluid is vapor-tongue averse.

p.s. Pluid's aroma is just as intense. You can seal it up all you want, but if you are near it, you will detect it.

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been battling this all week. Wht has helped

1. Sniffing a container of coffee beans. Temporary relief, but relief.

2. Spicy food! relief lasts longer, and man TGI Fridays frozen cream cheese stuffed jalepenos are amazing.

3. Eat a dill pickle

4. Cinnamon ejuice

All are helping, the cinnamon however tastes so good I can't put it down...lol. I'm still on and off for fruit flavors. It seems to have effected just that category for me. I'm about to load up some Zombie juice (anise, absinthe blend with other stuff). Tomorrow my Nicoticket order arrives with my Virus and Creme Brulee. So I can change up a bit for a while.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Drinking pickle juice has been employed by athletes for a while to stave off dehydration (of course just small amounts, or diluted). There's a drink called Picklejuice Sport for this very thing (great idea which made the "inventor" a lot of money, but what a scam -- it's like bottling and selling water. :lol:)

Anyway, aside from that and the coffee beans, which I think are good calls, what happened to me was that I had unintended consequences with the practice of vaping spicy flavors too often. In the short term it worked and was awesome, but I exacerbated the underlying issue and my palate started becoming desensitized to anything but aggressive flavors -- which is fine unless you care to taste subtleties in eliquid. Once I realized that not only was the cinnamon problematic for me on other fronts too (tasting the melted plastic; chest pains), I began searching for "hotter" cinnamon flavors because I built up a tolerance for the spiciness of the cinnamldehyde (the flavoring that gives the spicy cinnamon flavor). Too much of it made it so I couldn't hardly taste anything anymore -- except spicy(er) cinnamon.

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I haven't opened my Cinnamon Red Hots yet. This vixen is a blend, just so happens all I can taste is the cinnamon. God I can't wait until tomorrow so I can refill all my tanks with new juice. I'm vaping some Zombie right now (Anise, absinthe, and something else I don't even like anise and this is delish) and trying to avoid my fruit flavors (thats where my problem is).

Bottom line Vapors Tongue stinks. I better be able to taste my Virus!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I haven't opened my Cinnamon Red Hots yet. This vixen is a blend, just so happens all I can taste is the cinnamon. God I can't wait until tomorrow so I can refill all my tanks with new juice. I'm vaping some Zombie right now (Anise, absinthe, and something else I don't even like anise and this is delish) and trying to avoid my fruit flavors (thats where my problem is).

Bottom line Vapors Tongue stinks. I better be able to taste my Virus!

Have you tried Pluid? If you like anise flavored liquids, and you like strongly flavored stuff, you can't trump Pluid. It's the ink of eliquid. LOL

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have you tried Pluid? If you like anise flavored liquids, and you like strongly flavored stuff, you can't trump Pluid. It's the ink of eliquid. LOL

Nah, I've exhausted my vaping budget for the next uhhhh 6 months...lol! I actually prefer fruity flavors and candies, but smooth. I'm surprised I like the anise at all since I hate black licorice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread