The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vapers tongue how to fix it

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by RogerWilco357, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RogerWilco357

RogerWilco357 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2013
    USA
    Well it seems I got vapors tongue . I have been using the custards for 3 months now and the taste has muted a bit. How or what do you use to cleanse the pallet? Time away from said juice? I even heard that Pluids helps fact or fiction? Let me know what you use to help combat vapor tongue .
    RC

2. Dustmight

Dustmight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Detroit, MI USA
    Pro tip: Change up your flavors and drink lots of water.

3. Jugband

Jugband Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    PA, USA
    What always works for me is just switching to a completely diffrent type of flavor. Such as, from tobacco to fruit etc. clears it right up.

4. ADLinATL

ADLinATL Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2014
    Marietta, GA
    What they said. Go to a completely different flavor for a while like a mint flavor and lots of water.

5. RocketPuppy

RocketPuppy Veteran Puppy ECF Veteran

6. sdennislee

sdennislee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2012
    Alaska
  7. SchmidtyKy

SchmidtyKy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2013
    Anytown, USA
    For me, I just vape on the most disgusting juice I own for a bit. Wakes things right up. CLOVE from AVE is the most disgusting juice I've ever tasted. A few minutes of vaping that, my other juices taste just great again. :)

8. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann Visit the PIF Sub-Forum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Wash yo' mouth! J/K. Seriously though, brush your tongue thoroughly at night and in the morning; and something that has helped me (without intending to do so) was to drink lots of carbonated water -- it's something about those damned bubbles that wakes up the palate!

p.s. I recommend carbonated (filtered) water over (carbonated) mineral water since mineral water will have a little sodium.

9. GPC2012

GPC2012 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Reedley Ca
    Wait it out and remember hydrate hydrate hydrate

10. RogerWilco357

Jan 30, 2013
    USA
    thanks working on some Zeus juice and Space Jams Astro will see if this helps..

11. Ryuukon

Ryuukon Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2013
    Wyoming, USA
    Dunno about Zeus Juice, but Space Jams... that's very palate intense. If you vape strong custards, then Pluto might not be the best choice. It's a strong candy fruit. You should go for a more subtle, fluid, natural fruit flavor like Jackson's Melon Medley, or perhaps Nicquid Pom Beach or GLV's Panty Dropper (sticking with the pomegranate flavor).

I've found that alternating between strong (or even intense) flavors and more subtle, almost muted flavors keeps the vapers tongue away.

12. RogerWilco357

Jan 30, 2013
    USA
    what category would pluid be under?

13. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Pluid is the one of the most intensely flavored eliquids -- ever! It's an anise/black licorice/fennel (or absinthe-like) tasting liquid with notes of citrus and (to my palate), NyQuil. LOL.

If you ever want to try Pluid, I recommend designating one mod, one drip tip and dadgum near one battery just for that liquid -- it's flavoring is seriously like a dye! I dripped Pluid one time (before I new better) and because it's flavor intensity is so strong, even after changing attys and driptips, I could taste Pluid for days. As it turns out, just the little bit that leeks out onto the contact is enough to permeate all subsequent vapes for quite a long time.

I think Pluid is vapor-tongue averse.

p.s. Pluid's aroma is just as intense. You can seal it up all you want, but if you are near it, you will detect it.

14. CalamityJess

CalamityJess Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been battling this all week. Wht has helped

1. Sniffing a container of coffee beans. Temporary relief, but relief.

2. Spicy food! relief lasts longer, and man TGI Fridays frozen cream cheese stuffed jalepenos are amazing.

3. Eat a dill pickle

4. Cinnamon ejuice

All are helping, the cinnamon however tastes so good I can't put it down...lol. I'm still on and off for fruit flavors. It seems to have effected just that category for me. I'm about to load up some Zombie juice (anise, absinthe blend with other stuff). Tomorrow my Nicoticket order arrives with my Virus and Creme Brulee. So I can change up a bit for a while.

15. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Drinking pickle juice has been employed by athletes for a while to stave off dehydration (of course just small amounts, or diluted). There's a drink called Picklejuice Sport for this very thing (great idea which made the "inventor" a lot of money, but what a scam -- it's like bottling and selling water. :lol:)

Anyway, aside from that and the coffee beans, which I think are good calls, what happened to me was that I had unintended consequences with the practice of vaping spicy flavors too often. In the short term it worked and was awesome, but I exacerbated the underlying issue and my palate started becoming desensitized to anything but aggressive flavors -- which is fine unless you care to taste subtleties in eliquid. Once I realized that not only was the cinnamon problematic for me on other fronts too (tasting the melted plastic; chest pains), I began searching for "hotter" cinnamon flavors because I built up a tolerance for the spiciness of the cinnamldehyde (the flavoring that gives the spicy cinnamon flavor). Too much of it made it so I couldn't hardly taste anything anymore -- except spicy(er) cinnamon.

16. CalamityJess

I haven't opened my Cinnamon Red Hots yet. This vixen is a blend, just so happens all I can taste is the cinnamon. God I can't wait until tomorrow so I can refill all my tanks with new juice. I'm vaping some Zombie right now (Anise, absinthe, and something else I don't even like anise and this is delish) and trying to avoid my fruit flavors (thats where my problem is).

Bottom line Vapors Tongue stinks. I better be able to taste my Virus!

17. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Have you tried Pluid? If you like anise flavored liquids, and you like strongly flavored stuff, you can't trump Pluid. It's the ink of eliquid. LOL

18. CalamityJess

Nah, I've exhausted my vaping budget for the next uhhhh 6 months...lol! I actually prefer fruity flavors and candies, but smooth. I'm surprised I like the anise at all since I hate black licorice.

19. Mr.Mann

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    It's weird how that works.

20. Gato del Jugo

Gato del Jugo ProVarinati ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    US o' A
    You can try some or all of the "tricks" mentioned here so far..

But honestly, the only 2 things that will probably get rid of vaper's tongue are drinking lots of water, and the passage of time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.