Status
Not open for further replies.

jangeisler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Denmark
Hi all :)
I just got the horrendous vapers tongue 2 days ago. While getting a bit better, I still got it. I've been vaping for a month, I drink PLENTY of water, brush my tongue along with my teeth etc.

I'm not getting juice with menthol.

Today I'll recieve some juice for reviewing, and I'm afraid that I wont be able to taste it.

Should I avoid vaping as much as I can, or does it not matter whether I vape or not to get better? What should I do, to be able to taste my beloved liqourice juice again?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi all :)
I just got the horrendous vapers tongue 2 days ago. While getting a bit better, I still got it. I've been vaping for a month, I drink PLENTY of water, brush my tongue along with my teeth etc.

I'm not getting juice with menthol.

Today I'll recieve some juice for reviewing, and I'm afraid that I wont be able to taste it.

Should I avoid vaping as much as I can, or does it not matter whether I vape or not to get better? What should I do, to be able to taste my beloved liqourice juice again?

Not sure if you mean you just lost your taste - if so almost any citrus fruit will help - orange juice, lemonade.... oily foods will kill ejuice taste..

If you mean 'brown tongue' - then keep up the toothbrush on the tongue deal.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
This happens to a lot of people, even people who have been vaping for a long time. One thing that can cause it is if you are vaping the same flavor all the time. Switching flavors can help prevent vapors tongue. You might try a really strong flavor like cinnamon to wake up those lazy tastes buds. Menthol is another flavor but you said you won't do that. I don't blame you there. Of course drinking lots of water will help but you said you drink plenty of water. I wonder how much "plenty" is. ;)

Since you can't taste this would be a good time to finish off those flavors that you don't like. :)

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
If you've lost the ability to taste your juice there are many culprits. If it's not your equipment or juice, and you're sure it's your sense of taste and smell (they work together) there's a couple things to do.

If you've quit smoking within the last few months, time or stronger flavored juices are the options. Many peoples sense of taste can go wonky for quite a while after quitting smoking. I didn't have issues of it going coming and going like some people, but my sense of taste increased a lot with time.

Now flavors get muted for me only when sick or dehydrated. You can tell your hydration level by the color of your urine, light or clear you're well hydrated. If that's not the issue it could be you're becoming acclimated to your flavors. The brain starts to ignore stimuli that is repetitive, like if you put on a watch pretty soon you don't notice it's there. I switch flavors often since I quickly get used to a flavor and it starts to mute.

You may also want to try switching up how many watts you're vaping at if that's an option with your set-up, different levels can produce different flavor notes. And if you're using a carto or clearo, they can mute flavors so dripping into an atomizer or RBA might provide the boost of flavor you need.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread