Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    65423857.jpg

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2014
    Oklahoma, USA
    Any idea where I can substantiate this? The article and the different versions of it I found
    have no links and GovTrack.us has nothing to be found regarding the FDA or ecigs.
    I'd especially be interested in who voted for or against. At this point all I know is who sponsored this
    and that Debbie Wasserman Schultz opposed it

TIA for any further info..
    Hazy
    Im not sure, I just found this on G+. Its first I've heard of it.

Reactions: HazyShades

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    Im not sure, I just found this on G+. Its first I've heard of it.
    So far I've seen it referred to two or three times here
    all leading to the same article..some more googling led me to another version of the same story.
    It's a good thing..so far..But I wanna know who is with us and who isn't.

Regards
    Hazy

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    So far I've seen it referred to two or three times here
    all leading to the same article..some more googling led me to another version of the same story.
    It's a good thing..so far..But I wanna know who is with us and who isn't.

Regards
    Hazy

Well, Debbie Doberman Schultz, (head of the DNC), is one of our foes, but that's hardly surprising. Assume that most of her stooges are as well. "Progressive democrats" are the most intolerant people in the country.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    Well, Debbie Doberman Shultz, (head of the DNC), is one of our foes, but that's hardly surprising. Assume that most of her stooges are as well. "Progressive democrats" are the most intolerant people in the country.
    Oh I know. Debbie hates me for several reasons.
    We have no arguments...just noticed the doberman.. :lol:

Regawds,
    Hazy

Reactions: 7sixtwo

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    Oh I know. Debbie hates me for several reasons.
    We have no arguments...just noticed the doberman.. :lol:

Regawds,
    Hazy

:D

I shouldn't have called her that. I've grievously insulted a noble breed of canine. They don't deserve to be likened to nefarious pieces of #^&* like Debbie. ;)

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    Can anyone translate this into normal-speak? I must be misreading something because all I'm getting is "none of the money raised by this bill can be used to treat any reference to that date as anything other than a reference to that date." Ermmm...what?
    look for the part around the middle that mentions 2007 in regards to ecigs

daviedog

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2013
    Florida
    Any idea where I can substantiate this? The article and the different versions of it I found
    have no links and GovTrack.us has nothing to be found regarding the FDA or ecigs.
    I'd especially be interested in who voted for or against. At this point all I know is who sponsored this
    and that Debbie Wasserman Schultz opposed it

TIA for any further info..
    Hazy
    I live near her. Ugh..

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Last edited:
    Reactions: 7sixtwo

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    I commented on this in a vendor forum by mistake.
    Surely you guys don't actually think this is good news?

"It also restricts sales to face-to-face interactions"

OMG, this is what the republican governor did in Arkansas......we are now in a state where it is illegal to order ejuice online. (because according to them, vendors cannot really "verify" they are not selling to minors.

There aren't any vaping shops w/in 100+ miiles of many people in ARKANSAS, since much of the state is quite rural.

I can't believe they are putting that same crap into this bill as the republicans did in the AR state ones here.!!!!

The reason for face to face sales is, in case you haven't figured it out, is to get the stuff lined up on shelves, in stores, so it can be taxed. :) It has nothing to do with ensuring there aren't sales to minors.......and anyway, there is no way for a vendor to PROVE they are not selling to minors online, and they know this, which is the excuse they are going to use.....again.

sorry, but what you see as a win I see as some very seriously bad stuff.

You have no idea how many people i know in AR who went back to smoking because they were unable to get anything but rot-gut ejuiice in their local tobacco superstore or convenience store.

Can somebody provide a link to the actual voting records? I need to see that part.

Face-to-face transactions, huh.
    Have fun with that. :)

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands

OMG, this is what the republican governor did in Arkansas......we are now in a state where it is illegal to order ejuice online. (because according to them, vendors cannot really "verify" they are not selling to minors.

There aren't any vaping shops w/in 100+ miiles of many people in ARKANSAS, since much of the state is quite rural.

I can't believe they are putting that same crap into this bill as the republicans did in the AR state ones here.!!!!

The reason for face to face sales is, in case you haven't figured it out, is to get the stuff lined up on shelves, in stores, so it can be taxed. :) It has nothing to do with ensuring there aren't sales to minors.......and anyway, there is no way for a vendor to PROVE they are not selling to minors online, and they know this, which is the excuse they are going to use.....again.

You have no idea how many people i know in AR who went back to smoking because they were unable to get anything but rot-gut ejuiice in their local tobacco superstore or convenience store.

Can somebody provide a link to the actual voting records? I need to see that part.

Uh, $#*&. I'd also like to know the details of this: "Furthermore, the amendment restricts the advertising of vapor products."

Looks more like the amendment is akin to begging the headsman to at least sharpen his blade before bringing it down on our collective necks.

God, how I hate this unconstitutional BS. Eff the FDA.

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon

"(2) This subsection shall not apply with respect to sales of vapor products conducted through—

(A) mail-order; or

(B) a vending machine or self-service display if, with respect to the facility in which such vending machine or display is located, the retailer of such products ensures that no person under 18 years of age would be present or be permitted to enter."

Reactions: Woofer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread