Vaperz Cloud 25mm VCMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana G Birrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
A, A
Does anyone have any recommendations for wicking in this mod? I'm running dual coil, 3.5mm 11 wrapped at .64 ohms and for the life of me cannot seem to keep from getting a burnt taste, however my cotton is NEVER burnt.

Might using a spaced coil be a better route?

E: I've been using this mod for a little over 4 months now, and absolutely adore it. It sure beats the ever loving .... out of LEMO - but that was good while it lasted.

Reactions: TheWestPole

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Does anyone have any recommendations for wicking in this mod? I'm running dual coil, 3.5mm 11 wrapped at .64 ohms and for the life of me cannot seem to keep from getting a burnt taste, however my cotton is NEVER burnt.

E: I've been using this mod for a little over 4 months now, and absolutely adore it. It sure beats the ever loving .... out of LEMO - but that was good while it lasted.

Here's a few wicking tutorials I used when I was researching how to wick this thing properly and found them to be of great assistance:

Ignore this fellows coils...his wicking technique is solid:

Some good general tips in this tutorial:

Had mine for about a month now, and it's my daily driver. Running on a Hammer of God at 8.4v and around 200w using dual 22g Kanthal contact coils. This tank has NO PROBLEM meeting the juice demand, even while chain-vaping. Pretty incredible, about the only tank I know of that can slake the thirst of a rig at this kind of power. Delivers vapor on a scale similar to my Temple RDA. Not even kidding. Flavor too is well above par for a tank.

No leaking, no dry hits, no problem. In my opinion, simply the best tank for a high power sub ohm rig. But proper wicking is everything.

She does drink the juice though! :banana:

Reactions: khrone

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Here's a few wicking tutorials I used when I was researching how to wick this thing properly and found them to be of great assistance:

Ignore this fellows coils...his wicking technique is solid:

Some good general tips in this tutorial:

Had mine for about a month now, and it's my daily driver. Running on a Hammer of God at 8.4v and around 200w using dual 22g Kanthal contact coils. This tank has NO PROBLEM meeting the juice demand, even while chain-vaping. Pretty incredible, about the only tank I know of that can slake the thirst of a rig at this kind of power. Delivers vapor on a scale similar to my Temple RDA. Not even kidding. Flavor too is well above par for a tank.

No leaking, no dry hits, no problem. In my opinion, simply the best tank for a high power sub ohm rig. But proper wicking is everything.

That's pretty much how I wick it, all is good until you refill then it leaks like a sieve through the bottom of the afc

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
That's pretty much how I wick it, all is good until you refill then it leaks like a sieve through the bottom of the afc

So far, so good here. No leaking through the AFC when filling (I leave it open), but I get the cap back on as quick as possible and then take a primer pull without power to clear the chiminey just in case.

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa

You meant TANK..

Dana G Birrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
A, A

My first wick was amazing, it was perfect, right on par. After that I couldn't stop sucking at wicking. I REALLY appreciate this post

Thank you VERY much for this information, you far exceeded my expectations for a reply.

Edit: Went to re wick my VCMT and ran into a little bit of a laugh. I didn't tighten down my coils enough and one came loose - no wonder I was getting such quick burn hits. Upon tightening down and rewicking based upon those videos, I'm absolutely flabbergasted at my HORRIBLE wicking jobs prior. I guess sometimes a little Q&A solves a whole bunch of headache.

Last edited:
Reactions: entropy1049

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
My first wick was amazing, it was perfect, right on par. After that I couldn't stop sucking at wicking. I REALLY appreciate this post

Thank you VERY much for this information, you far exceeded my expectations for a reply.

Edit: Went to re wick my VCMT and ran into a little bit of a laugh. I didn't tighten down my coils enough and one came loose - no wonder I was getting such quick burn hits. Upon tightening down and rewicking based upon those videos, I'm absolutely flabbergasted at my HORRIBLE wicking jobs prior. I guess sometimes a little Q&A solves a whole bunch of headache.

My pleasure to help, and I hope it meets your expectations. It really is a fine tank, and I hate to think some aren't getting the best out of it when it's absolutely brimming with great potential.

Now, if you don't already, you'll have to start "rolling your own" eliquid to quench this things thirst! :evil:

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
Will I ever buy this tank again
The answer is NO...
with that being said
I have zero issue with it, there's a VERY HIGH LEARNING CURVE ON THIS TANK.. It's sad, but it's a very good tank...
The video was a very good help, I tried it, it's ok, I still put my thick CB on the floor, that works for me... Hopefully the VCMT 2 fix the issues..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Will I ever buy this tank again
The answer is NO...
with that being said
I have zero issue with it, there's a VERY HIGH LEARNING CURVE ON THIS TANK.. It's sad, but it's a very good tank...
The video was a very good help, I tried it, it's ok, I still put my thick CB on the floor, that works for me... Hopefully the VCMT 2 fix the issues..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've retired both my 30mm and 25mm's to the dust bin. Tired of the leaking and replaced them with these two beauties. Lightyears better than the VCMT and zero issues with leaking.

dfa262d03746049fbdb8203f539cb32b.jpg

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
How's that Modfather treating you? I have one on the way...

What are the strengths or weaknesses do you think?
OOOOOOOOh I really like it, I mean I REALLY like it. Better than the Boreas? Can't really compare, it's a different animal which I would put it on par with the Boreas but "different". Better than the 30mm VCMT? OH HELL YEAH! This thing is a BEAST! Decent flavor, but you can really, really chuck with this BEAST. Simple to wick, large build deck, well made and ....... NO LEAKING!

I simply LOVE both of these Tanks

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
How's that Modfather treating you? I have one on the way...

What are the strengths or weaknesses do you think?
Oh, strengths or weaknesses? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1. Well it's made really well, I didn't find any burr's or machine oil, popped it in the ultrasonic anyway but it really was clean.
2. Large build deck, bigger than the Boreas, didn't compare it to the VCMT yet but it's about the same size, maybe just a tad bit smaller.
3. Really easy to wick, wick it like the Aromamizer since it is the same style deck.
4. No leaking so far and I've run at least a dozen tank fulls through it and rewicked once
5. Flavor is good, not steller, Boreas has better flavor but this is a 30mm Tank. But flavor really is good, better than the VCMT IMO.
6. I've had it up to 180 Watt's and no dry hits and I've chain vaped with it, again with no dry hits. I've been Vaping it around 90 Watts with 26x2/36 317L SS Fused Clapton @ .18 Ohms.

Yeah I really like it, like it a lot. They're going to come out with a Black version and I'm picking it up as soon as it's out. With the pending Vapapocalypse I'm probably going to get a third one and just keep it in the box. It's one of those If somehow lost all my tanks it would be the first along with the Boreas tank that I would replace.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
OOOOOOOOh I really like it, I mean I REALLY like it. Better than the Boreas? Can't really compare, it's a different animal which I would put it on par with the Boreas but "different". Better than the 30mm VCMT? OH HELL YEAH! This thing is a BEAST! Decent flavor, but you can really, really chuck with this BEAST. Simple to wick, large build deck, well made and ....... NO LEAKING!

I simply LOVE both of these Tanks

Oh, strengths or weaknesses? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1. Well it's made really well, I didn't find any burr's or machine oil, popped it in the ultrasonic anyway but it really was clean.
2. Large build deck, bigger than the Boreas, didn't compare it to the VCMT yet but it's about the same size, maybe just a tad bit smaller.
3. Really easy to wick, wick it like the Aromamizer since it is the same style deck.
4. No leaking so far and I've run at least a dozen tank fulls through it and rewicked once
5. Flavor is good, not steller, Boreas has better flavor but this is a 30mm Tank. But flavor really is good, better than the VCMT IMO.
6. I've had it up to 180 Watt's and no dry hits and I've chain vaped with it, again with no dry hits. I've been Vaping it around 90 Watts with 26x2/36 317L SS Fused Clapton @ .18 Ohms.

Yeah I really like it, like it a lot. They're going to come out with a Black version and I'm picking it up as soon as it's out. With the pending Vapapocalypse I'm probably going to get a third one and just keep it in the box. It's one of those If somehow lost all my tanks it would be the first along with the Boreas tank that I would replace.

Excellent reports, I thank you! The VCMT absolutely ROARS vapor. If the Modfather can deliver at high power without dry hitting (the main strength of the VCMT IMO), without the finicky wicking and refilling, it is going to be THE ONE for me. The VCMT is awfully close.

My brother in law grabbed me a 30mm Alpha BFT. A fine tank, but just doesn't pack the punch that the VCMT does. Until I can try the Godfather (Is it late May yet?), the VCMT remains coin o' the realm for me.

We should appreciate how good we've got it (for today), with a slew of fine 30mm RTA's to choose from!

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Excellent reports, I thank you! The VCMT absolutely ROARS vapor. If the Modfather can deliver at high power without dry hitting (the main strength of the VCMT IMO), without the finicky wicking and refilling, it is going to be THE ONE for me. The VCMT is awfully close.

My brother in law grabbed me a 30mm Alpha BFT. A fine tank, but just doesn't pack the punch that the VCMT does. Until I can try the Godfather (Is it late May yet?), the VCMT remains coin o' the realm for me.

We should appreciate how good we've got it (for today), with a slew of fine 30mm RTA's to choose from!
Yeah it's a great tank, a bit smaller bore and chimney than the VCMT. But it still rocks and chucks insane clouds, you're going to love it.

I've also got the 30mm X1 on it's way and also the Achilles. A 30mm velocity, damn I'm really looking forward to that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread