Vaping: 1/3 The Price But 3 Times As Much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I think I have found a "slight" error in the math when sites compare the cost of vaping to analogs. I find myself vaping at least 3 times more than I would have smoking analogs - likely far more. I have empty cartomizers everywhere!!! lol.

Part of the issue for smokers is that they like to smoke. Once I got my EGO and it tasted better AND more importantly it never goes out, it is easy to puff on it all day.

Obviously you cannot place a price on your health and that is the reason to vape instead of analog.

Point being, do not vape for simply cost - but rather health. Take the same amount you WOULD have spent on analogs and apply that amount to your vape budget. Once you realize that you would have spent at least $2500 on analogs this year - you are like - yikes!

Edit: The title should read 1/3 the price but vape 3 times as much.

Last edited:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
TheBuss - That assumes you are getting smoke relatively cheap. At 1.5PAD and $10.20/pack here in NY that is ~$5,600/year. This certainly provides me with significant justification to be getting abou three packages a week or really cool stuff. That is how I explain it to my wife anyway! But you are correct the health benefits are of much more importance and value

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Startup costs tend to be high from what I've seen. Most of us went through at least 2 rigs before we found one that worked to our satisfaction. Once the hardware is settled on, you have to find the right juice. Both strength and flavor have to be right or it's not going to work for you. I've finally got it down to where I don't really need to buy anything for a long time. I've got my rig and it works for me. I've also got a good supply of spare parts and juices. These would probably last around six months if necessary. So yes, I've spent a bunch of cash, but now I can relax and enjoy. I'm over the hump on my spending. I'll still buy the occassional batch of atomizers and juice, and a battery now and again. But it's far less than I'd spend on tobacco products and far less destructive to my health too.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
TheBuss - That assumes you are getting smoke relatively cheap. At 1.5PAD and $10.20/pack here in NY that is ~$5,600/year. This certainly provides me with significant justification to be getting abou three packages a week or really cool stuff. That is how I explain it to my wife anyway! But you are correct the health benefits are of much more importance and value

Yikes. Here in Texas you get 3 packs for $17 and that is after $1.00 per PACK hike (tax) about 2 years ago. I think in NY the tax has to be at least 75% of the cost, perhaps more.

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
Between my fiance and I spending 350.00 a month on analogs to our now 180.00 dropped into supplies that will last us 2 mos. I'm gonna go with hobbyist spend lots of loot playing and tasting and those trying to save money find ways how.

I own 3 E9s and 2 eGo's + 2 extra atties(total 100.00)
3 bottles 30mL of 24mg nic
1 30mL bottle of Hilton
1 30mL bottle of RY 4
6 flavorings 5mL
and 9 different 5mL bottles of pre-mixed.

So far it is lasting us a month in and we've just dented our supply. I vape non-stop (She vapes every few hours). So in the long run we have saved in 1 month over 150.00. I don't plan on making it a hobby, just something to pacify my nicotine addiction (her goal is to completely quit, she started with 36mg and is already down to 12mg on week 2). I enjoy vaping, but not to the point that it's breaking the bank or costing more than analogs.

When I say I vape non-stop I mean I take a puff every 30s - 1m on my eGo unless I'm charging, then it's more like every 5 - 10 mins on my E9.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I think my only problem is that I can't seem to put down my credit card.:( Mentally, I know that I have everything I need to survive for months and months without buying anything else... but then something catches my eye. Even just the mention of a single word or a phrase like "banana" or "eGo usb manual battery" and I start to obsess over it.... I don't know how long I can hold out, but I know that eventually my credit card will end up rearing it's ugly head.

I think if I had no emotions or desires I could vape for about $20-$30 a month compared with the $80-$100 I was spending on cigarettes.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Rosa.... spending "only" $80 - $100 a month on analogs before is likely one of the lowest on this. I spent about $250 a month on analogs...(if i lived in NY it would have been $500) as crazy as it seems on this habit of ours...

The issue is "chain vaping". I can puff my EGO for 4 hours straight and not even blink an eye.... LOL.

Last edited:

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
probably, I was pretty comfortable at about 3/4 pack a day for most of the last 25 years. Sometimes more, rarely less.

1 in the morning
2 in the car going to work
1 on my first break
2 for my 1/2 hour lunch
1 on my last break
2 on the way home
5 when I can get away from the kids at home
1 before going to bed

Last edited:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I think my only problem is that I can't seem to put down my credit card.:( Mentally, I know that I have everything I need to survive for months and months without buying anything else... but then something catches my eye. Even just the mention of a single word or a phrase like "banana" or "eGo usb manual battery" and I start to obsess over it.... I don't know how long I can hold out, but I know that eventually my credit card will end up rearing it's ugly head.

I think if I had no emotions or desires I could vape for about $20-$30 a month compared with the $80-$100 I was spending on cigarettes.

Ok Rosa I love it when I am not alone thanks!!!! Since Friday at 5Pm here is a list of what I can remember:
1 - Provape v2
4- LR 306 atty's
4 - LR510 atty'
2- more drip tips
60mls - BWB Caramel Capp
15mls- BWB Malty
30mls- BWB Blast
30mls - Nhaler Mochachino
25 - bottles various Flavorings
125mls - 100mg/ml PV nic juice
250mls - PG
125mls - VG

I know there is more but my wife may be right about me have some issues. I am so happy we have seperate bank accounts!!!!

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
probably, I was pretty comfortable at about 3/4 pack a day for most of the last 25 years. Sometimes more, rarely less.

1 in the morning
2 in the car going to work
1 on my first break
2 for my 1/2 hour lunch
1 on my last break
2 on the way home
5 when I can get away from the kids at home
1 before going to bed

If I only smoked one in the morning I doubt I would have even considered vaping. 3 for my first cup of coffee was close to normal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread