Vaping 15 days...smoke free for SIX!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madison360

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Emerald Isle, NC
I just wanted to post a THANK YOU to this forum!! So far, so good for me and my husband! We are vaping on 510's...so far, but have already decided that by the end of the month we are going to invest in models that will allow us to go all day without changing batteries and will provide more vapor. We have had some MAJOR challenges in our personal lives...the kind that make you want to go out and buy a pack of smokes, but have found that if we give vaping a chance, it provides that "emotional support" that we have both looked to cigarettes to provide.

I honestly feel that if it was not for this forum, we would not have made it almost a WEEK without smoking. My husband looks to me for information regarding our vaping, and I have found all of the support that we need for that HERE and am able to pass that onto him. I don't feel like we are "cured" and plan on being here for a long time. I hope that we will continue to be successful and that I can pass on what we have learned, so far, on to other people.

I just wanted to say, that if I had not found this forum, and the support here, I don't think that e-cigarettes would have been as successful for us as they have been, so far. You can go to any "tobacco" shop and buy a cheap knockoff and that was the way we were headed until my internet searches landed me here. I keep reading and keep learning and the information provided here is what I have been able to pass on to my husband. Vaping has brought us closer together in a way that smoking NEVER did.

Thanks for your friendship and support! HAPPY VAPING!! :vapor:

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
So glad you found the forum Madison360, and welcome! I can't tell you how many people over the last couple years I have URGED to join us here because I know it can make the difference between a good or bad vaping experience. But I bet only one person in twenty actually does what you have done, maybe less. Good job and we look forward to your posts!

madison360

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Emerald Isle, NC
So glad you found the forum Madison360, and welcome! I can't tell you how many people over the last couple years I have URGED to join us here because I know it can make the difference between a good or bad vaping experience. But I bet only one person in twenty actually does what you have done, maybe less. Good job and we look forward to your posts!

Thanks, sister!! Support like yours is the reason I am addicted to this site!! :D

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Congrads! I'm in my 1st full week off butts.

"You can go to any "tobacco" shop and buy a cheap knockoff and that was the way we were headed until my internet searches landed me here."
Indeed, that's what kept me struggling so long in the fight of vape & anologs, should have figured those smoke shops only want one thing in the end, for you to keep smoking! So be glad you didn't waste money! & again, congrads, I think it's gonna be a great drive!

mrtiedye

Apr 1, 2011
Georgia
Gratz. And you are exactly right about this forum. I started out the hard way. My first e-cig was a Blu, and that was only because my non-smoker brother told me about it. I didn't do any research, just bought the thing, and hated it. I wound up giving it away. I almost swore off e-cigs all together. A couple months later, I started doing some research, but got quickly frustrated because all I found was a bunch of sites saying their e-cig was the best.

Finally, I posted in an unrelated forum asking if anyone could give me any advice. One guy sent me a link to this forum, saying that anyone who tried these things was an idiot. His link was to a post about battery life or something. He thought it was funny that people invested so much thought into a completely stupid idea.

The joke is on him, because he actually gave me the piece of the puzzle I was looking for. After lurking for a week or so, then asking a few questions to fill in the blanks, I bought a Riva and a mess of DIY e-liquid supplies, and I haven't looked back since.

That's my story and I am sticking to it. :)

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
MrTiedye--That. is. just. perfect! Love that story!!
Ppoi420-- You know what? There is no rule that says you have to quit smoking while using an e-cig. In fact many of us, myself included, still smoke a few cigs a day. But look, every cigarette you replace with vaping is one less cigarette you smoked and that is a real good thing! You just take it at your own pace, ok? Tell us about what kind of e-cig you have and what you are using in it, maybe we can help you find a better experience.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
MrTiedye--That. is. just. perfect! Love that story!!
Ppoi420-- You know what? There is no rule that says you have to quit smoking while using an e-cig. In fact many of us, myself included, still smoke a few cigs a day. But look, every cigarette you replace with vaping is one less cigarette you smoked and that is a real good thing! You just take it at your own pace, ok? Tell us about what kind of e-cig you have and what you are using in it, maybe we can help you find a better experience.

I love this post! And comments like this are why so many of us newbies feel that this forum is such a great support system. :)

webnet11

Jun 25, 2011
Texas
33 Days analog free!!! Got the bug been spending lots of green!! Just got a new SS GGTS!! And waiting for my P18 from Super T! Using a SB
with 510LR. I'm trying to mix my own juice but seems I can't get the flavor where I want it, I like strong flavor but seems if I put too much flavor in the mix the taste drops off?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
33 Days analog free!!! Got the bug been spending lots of green!! Just got a new SS GGTS!! And waiting for my P18 from Super T! Using a SB
with 510LR. I'm trying to mix my own juice but seems I can't get the flavor where I want it, I like strong flavor but seems if I put too much flavor in the mix the taste drops off?

LOL. Look at all the acronyms in your post. You're using a SB, waiting on a P18 and loving your SS GGTS with a 510LR. What's super weird is that I understood it perfectly :)

Congrats on 33 days smoke-free and mastering the new language of vaping. Good for you!

madison360

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Emerald Isle, NC
good job, im having trouble adjusting to the switch :(

My husband still has slips and Dee is right. You don't have to quit, but if that is your goal, just keep trying and whenever you are particularly stressed out, go to vaping FIRST and see if that doesn't satisfy you. The issue my husband has been struggling with is he is more apt to go to his "old stand-by" before giving vaping an opportunity. He is getting better at vaping first and going to an analog if he does not feel appeased. I would also recommend investing in different levels of nicotine and flavors. Sometimes 12mg of nicotine is enough for me, but I vape levels in between that and 36mg...and a variety of flavors.

Keep the faith and come here for support!! It's nice having so many people in your corner. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread