Vaping 9 Months On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Nine and a half months ago when I finally gave my body a break from 42 years of the death sticks, the Juul just made me happy not to be smoking. After a month, I started getting curious, and started looking on line for more. First I found this forum, and then it was all over. Add YouTube and Reddit and I am just frigging hopeless. Graduated to pod systems and a couple small low wattage mods and nic salts 50mg and then 35mg. Wasn't long and I wanted more. Now I am all sub oHm and base vape liquid .06mg. Soon, I will get into RTA's and DIY juice. I love this forum and the people in the community. I hope the gov't. doesn't take it all away, which is the main reason I want to get into RTA's and DIY juice. Congrats to everyone who has quit smoking and enjoys the heck outta vaping. See ya round the forums....

In my favorite local vape shop

Last edited:

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
One of the easiest ways to get into RBAs is an RDA, which, luckily, is best for DIY juice also.

One of the best ways to learn how to use an RDA is a squonk. Just putting that out there.

Thanks! Just loving my vaping experience so far, and open to any great idea's and help along the way.:)

On July 27th, I am going to my first Vaping Expo here in Raleigh, NC. I am so excited, I am giddy:w00t:

IMG_1434.jpg
IMG_1435.jpg

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Rob B., RDA's are decent with squonk mods for DTL sub ohm. As they're somewhat easier to work with.

I've a few sub ohm DTL RTA's at one side that don't play nice, but I won't give up on them. But, oh, they can be fickle with their wicking. Either dryish hits with no real flavour or they do an impersonation of a colander and dump their entire contents.

Have had better results with MTL RTA's, best one so far has been the Exvape Expromizer V4.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Hello @Rob B., RDA's are decent with squonk mods for DTL sub ohm. As they're somewhat easier to work with.

I've a few sub ohm DTL RTA's at one side that don't play nice, but I won't give up on them. But, oh, they can be fickle with their wicking. Either dryish hits with no real flavour or they do an impersonation of a colander and dump their entire contents.

Have had better results with MTL RTA's, best one so far has been the Exvape Expromizer V4.
The thread about the rayon wick has a post by me describing the rebirth RDA as a sieve until finding rayon. That is a RTA style deck though.
I am in love with the dead rabbit SQ for some reason though, even though it lacks some features of the more popular ones.

I find rebuilding to be very meditative, most of the time, though. I thought it'd be a chore, but once you learn how an atomizer works, it can be quite relaxing.

Wicking is the steepest learning curve, and I'd imagine a tank would be more difficult than a good RDA.
A squonk bottle makes up for the lost capacity, and the biggest bottles are still bigger than the biggest tanks. No glass to break either.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Have Fun when you start building @Rob B. , It's Enjoyable and Addictive:thumbs:

I can only imagine, and can't wait. I am mesmerized when I watch Youtube reviewers doing a build. Like gardening and photography, which I love....building looks very therapeutic.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
I've noticed a few MTL mods there @Rob B., one of those Exvape Expromizer V4 RTA's with a 0.7+ ohm coil may interest you.

As they're easy to build and with a coil at 0.7+ ohms they do produce a fair amount of vapour, and done right they do produce decent flavour as well.

I appreciate your input and advice. I will be checking the RBA experience in the near future. One of the things I love about this place is the massive amount of experience and knowledge available here.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Nine and a half months ago when I finally gave my body a break from 42 years of the death sticks, the Juul just made me happy not to be smoking. After a month, I started getting curious, and started looking on line for more. First I found this forum, and then it was all over. Add YouTube and Reddit and I am just frigging hopeless. Graduated to pod systems and a couple small low wattage mods and nic salts 50mg and then 35mg. Wasn't long and I wanted more. Now I am all sub oHm and base vape liquid .06mg. Soon, I will get into RTA's and DIY juice. I love this forum and the people in the community. I hope the gov't. doesn't take it all away, which is the main reason I want to get into RTA's and DIY juice. Congrats to everyone who has quit smoking and enjoys the heck outta vaping. See ya round the forums....

Welcome to ecf! :thumbs:

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Thank you smacuser. I go by St Augustine on my way down 95 to Orlando to see mom and dad a couple times a year. One time I want to stop and show my family the beauty of historic St Augustine. Maybe a horse and carriage ride.
    Let us know; there's a big gang of vapers round these parts.

:banana::toast:

Reactions: Rob B.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Welcome Rob. Way to go and congrats on quitting the stix. :thumb: Nice collection you have going. I see you've found your way to the shiny thread. Warning... as you've seen everyone there is more than happy to help anyone spend their money on gear. ;)
    When you're ready you will find there are plenty of decent RTA's out there that are easy to build on and offer great flavor (clouds too).
    Cheers bud!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread