Vaping _X_tra - A new weekly series dedicated to REOvil & REOnauts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Great vid Russ Good to see Harold we spent some quality time on the phone

Thanks Rob. Harry enjoyed rapping with you too :) he really like he mod and wanted to get a pink one for my mom too but she caught him and pulled the ebrake :)

She's kinda silly like that. So's my wife :)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thanks Rob. Harry enjoyed rapping with you too :) he really like he mod and wanted to get a pink one for my mom too but she caught him and pulled the ebrake :)

She's kinda silly like that. So's my wife :)
After talking with Harold and your mom in the back ground I could feel your pain my friend . Its not easy schooling totally green people . Of course no one knows more about that then me I have held the hand of many green vapers . When he told me they went to a vape shop and what kind of batteries he picked up I tried to give him some advice but I could see it wasn't computing . I new you didn't no about them visiting a vape shop at the time . Fun in the sun my friend keep schooling them

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Good video Russ. The ending was very touching. Good to see Harold picking up a Reo Grand. You can almost see it in his eyes. He never imagined some sort of 'electronic cigarette' could match up to every cigarette he's smoked in his lifetime. Heck, at my age... I never imagined it either. Goes to show the great design, and simplicity of the Reo Grand. Love my Reo!!!

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj
Haha. Thanks for the shout out russ. I actually woke my girlfriend up laughing this morning. And the nuppin is awesome, not as much vapor as the odin, but a really cool wire capture system and a solid afc that doesnt move around until YOU adjust it.

Also, that there is a fancy hard hat. When the gc and his flunkies ask us what were doing, we always tell em well be on the opposite side of the building from where were actually working, otherwise theyd never leave us alone to get some actual work done.;)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Haha. Thanks for the shout out russ. I actually woke my girlfriend up laughing this morning. And the nuppin is awesome, not as much vapor as the odin, but a really cool wire capture system and a solid afc that doesnt move around until YOU adjust it.

Also, that there is a fancy hard hat. When the gc and his flunkies ask us what were doing, we always tell em well be on the opposite side of the building from where were actually working, otherwise theyd never leave us alone to get some actual work done.;)

Thank you John. I might start to wear that hat and safety glasses in my upcoming build tutorials :). I hate all those stickers all over it saying just how safe I was and all that smack. I covered them up cause they were stuck tight. Others I was able to remove.

Yes, it was expensive but it was paid for by company. It's funny when the GC has the $100 hat just to walk the site and the dudes working run like $49 plastic ones :)

Rock on, stay warm and get that Ansul system certified so they can get that damn CO :)

Fishcakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
nj
Thank you John. I might start to wear that hat and safety glasses in my upcoming build tutorials :). I hate all those stickers all over it saying just how safe I was and all that smack. I covered them up cause they were stuck tight. Others I was able to remove.

Yes, it was expensive but it was paid for by company. It's funny when the GC has the $100 hat just to walk the site and the dudes working run like $49 plastic ones :)

Rock on, stay warm and get that Ansul system certified so they can get that damn CO :)

I know man, weve got these crappy $20 hardhats... Mines cracked for gods sake! And my boss still wont get me a new one. Ive been on his ... about it for weeks. And dont even get me started on hood systems... You ever seen one of those things go off? Its like.... Frosty puked all over everything. Thank god i only work with em when it gets slow. Those things make ME nervous

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I know man, weve got these crappy $20 hardhats... Mines cracked for gods sake! And my boss still wont get me a new one. Ive been on his ... about it for weeks. And dont even get me started on hood systems... You ever seen one of those things go off? Its like.... Frosty puked all over everything. Thank god i only work with em when it gets slow. Those things make ME nervous

That sucks about your boss not providing you with decent PPE. We would require them to do so on our jobs and if necessary would threaten to hold payment until compliance.

No I've never seen an Ansul in action but have watched many a tool pull the safety shower chain and mess up that side of a science lab during punch list :)

Man I wish I was REOing back in the day of working in the construction field :)

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
PHP:
Hey Russ mount that reel and then the pin vice becomes easy. I use the Gizmo to hold my spool. then you can use two hands, one holds the tip of drill bit and applies pressure to the wire, the other hand twists the pin vice and controls the angle. Angle determines whether you get a nice spaced coil or a tight coil.

Once I switched to doing this I feel I have more control vs. just using the gizmo.

EDIT: Incase it's not clear the wire goes through a hole in the side of the spool so tension does not cause it to unravel.

IMAG2188_1-M.jpg

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a coil gizmo design that I have pictured in my head.
I'm looking at my desk top scotch tape dispenser on my desk and thought it would be a great basis for a coiler.
The spool of wire would go where the roll of tape sits, and then feed into a needle type mandrel with a hole to thread the wire thru going across instead of metal teeth that cuts the tape. Seems like it would provide a nice stable table top coiler that can be hands free and just wind the mandrel/handle, voila, instant coil! I'm thinking of taking it home and see if the spool of wire will fit. If so, then try drilling a hole on each side of the dispenser where the tape sits, and slide a luer type needle thru to see if the design has potential.
Just my McGyver mind wandering. :)
coiler.jpg

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
My explanation might be a bit off. I would drill 2 holes, 1 on each side of where the tips are sticking up on each side of the metal tooth plate. Then slide a mandrel thru to the other side so it would be going across the metal plate. Have a bend at the end of the mandrell to use as a handle.
I have trouble translating into words what my mind is picturing!! :confused:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
PHP:
Hey Russ mount that reel and then the pin vice becomes easy. I use the Gizmo to hold my spool. then you can use two hands, one holds the tip of drill bit and applies pressure to the wire, the other hand twists the pin vice and controls the angle. Angle determines whether you get a nice spaced coil or a tight coil.

Once I switched to doing this I feel I have more control vs. just using the gizmo.

EDIT: Incase it's not clear the wire goes through a hole in the side of the spool so tension does not cause it to unravel.

IMAG2188_1-M.jpg

I've resigned myself that the pin vice was created to mount a length of 0.9mm Allen wrench to service nuppins.

There is no way I could ever deploy it to wrap a decent coil let alone a coil that I get from the gizmo with a fly reel. Plus, with the wire on the rod of the gizmo and in tension, I cut it right at the edge of the upright and it's the exact length for the nuppin negative. :)

But that looks sweet FB my man. But I am a man that likes things to be very easy :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a coil gizmo design that I have pictured in my head.
I'm looking at my desk top scotch tape dispenser on my desk and thought it would be a great basis for a coiler.
The spool of wire would go where the roll of tape sits, and then feed into a needle type mandrel with a hole to thread the wire thru going across instead of metal teeth that cuts the tape. Seems like it would provide a nice stable table top coiler that can be hands free and just wind the mandrel/handle, voila, instant coil! I'm thinking of taking it home and see if the spool of wire will fit. If so, then try drilling a hole on each side of the dispenser where the tape sits, and slide a luer type needle thru to see if the design has potential.
Just my McGyver mind wandering. :)
View attachment 400099

Killer idea Rudy :). We want to know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread