Vaping _X_tra - A new weekly series dedicated to REOvil & REOnauts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yes sir, I've liked the page, will look for the first post of the new year regarding this :)

or should I add the actual page you have for the channel as well?

One is a page (super_X_drifter) and the other is an account (superX drifter). The account is where I posted the info. And too dang late, there is nuppin there any more. Heading to Germany, it is :)

Stringer63

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
KY
Hey, thanks for the shout out there Russ. You're right, you're right, you're right. I have GOT to get a backup. Drippin the ol smok telescope and igo-l just wouldn't cut it at all. I've only had to do it once since using my REO when I hoopled up my RM2 a while back. Rob had me back on my feet in a couple of days, but man that sucked!

Figure I'll hold out for a new resin REO or if they end being beyond my $ outlay threshold, I'll just spring for another metal one. Can't lose either way.

Can it get better? - a Super-X movie with daredevils, GGW and metal in the background - you rock dude. :toast:

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I'll be getting the amp tomorrow. Atty transaction is complete :)

And I still got PayPal funds for 510 retrofits :)

Hell yeah :(

That's not what Wifey said. :cool:

Careful now Russ. Never know what an amp could lead to. We don't wanna see a video called "Super_X_Locked in Basement: Alone, Drunk and all to Hell" :D

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
That's not what Wifey said. :cool:

Careful now Russ. Never know what an amp could lead to. We don't wanna see a video called "Super_X_Locked in Basement: Alone, Drunk and all to Hell" :D

Ha ha you're right :). I already see it leading to a Jackson dinky :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
9dc2b5f7e20412118580d5e64f0cded6.jpg

Got it. $119. Now ya'll are gonna hate me, I mean really hate me if I introduce this into my vids :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Did you turn up the gain on the other amp and turn the volume down? Would hate to see you bought a new amp and really didn't need to... Nice amp though.

Mike, my other amp (there in the background) ABSOLUTELY SUCKED ENORMOUS MOOSE BALLS compared to this one :)

There were no adjustments, even when it was working at its optimum that made it sound like this little beast :)

82239f178ccc254780cfeae831383d34.jpg

When one has no talent they must rely on technology to fill in the gaps. :). Just about to restring right now and lose these 8 year old strings too :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
You mean like The Edge? Kidding... I'm kidding, I love U2.

Loved the new vid, supe. Nicely done and cool to see you promoting a little Canadian content.

Canadians rock in my book - just not Canadiens :)
Plus I love the way they have split in half heads on South Park :)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Mike, my other amp (there in the background) ABSOLUTELY SUCKED ENORMOUS MOOSE BALLS compared to this one :)

There were no adjustments, even when it was working at its optimum that made it sound like this little beast :)

82239f178ccc254780cfeae831383d34.jpg

When one has no talent they must rely on technology to fill in the gaps. :). Just about to restring right now and lose these 8 year old strings too :)

If it is the amp I am thinking, turn the first knob, (gain), up and the 5th know, (volume), down and it will increase the distortion of the amp.... It is a GTA15R, right?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
If it is the amp I am thinking, turn the first knob, (gain), up and the 5th know, (volume), down and it will increase the distortion of the amp.... It is a GTA15R, right?

Mike, that amp used to have some distortion and nothing I have turned or tried has brought it back. I will say that if you would like it, I'd gladly box it up and send it to you. I just need to find a box so I'll need a minute.

Bro, after using this new amp, it's like comparing a skateboard to a dirtbike. I like dirt bikes :)

This new amp has such amazing effects that I feel like playing now more than ever. I'm all strung up and in tune too :)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Its all good bro. My brother has a GTA15R and he had the same problem as you. After spending 2 minutes with him I was able to point out what he was doing wrong... Exactly as I suggested you do and he was back in metal heaven... It is 99% of the time a gain/volume imbalance... That is the number one flaw for small combo practice amps.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Its all good bro. My brother has a GTA15R and he had the same problem as you. After spending 2 minutes with him I was able to point out what he was doing wrong... Exactly as I suggested you do and he was back in metal heaven... It is 99% of the time a gain/volume imbalance... That is the number one flaw for small combo practice amps.

Mike, this is too funny. We had some family over on Saturday night and among them were a couple of 6 and 7 year old boys. Thinking ahead I unplugged my guitar and moved it to my bedroom.

The next day I brought it back in and banged it lightly into the stair rail. When I plugged it into the new amp, the sound was clean as a whistle - old man clean - like before. So I'm thinking the kids turned some knobs on the amp - nope, not a one. All pretty much maxed except the master vol and the effects knobs which were where I left em. So now I'm puzzled, I'm turning knobs and flicking the pickup switch on my guitar - nada.

So I smack the guitar one good time and suddenly it comes to life (and loud as hell). I proceeded to just shred it I'm my normal way for about 33 seconds until my wife who was downstairs comes about 1/2 way up the stairs and yells "please lower that" (what ever happened to "turn that damn thing down")

The moral of the story is there is some kind of loose connection of something weird internal to my guitar - I know nothing about any of it except I know the connection where the patch goes in is nice and tight.

Any ideas? Is it time for a new axe too?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
That is a Jackson, right? Just the $200 one? Is the jack in the face of the guitar or in the side?

Mike, no (I wish) it's a really cheap Gio Ibanez with the jack in the side / bottom.

This is pretty much it except mines about 8 years old)

ea0c255c8307a2eb47bf2a46d31af7cf.jpg

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Are you sure the jack is in there tight? Take the back plate off, take off the jam nut that holds it on and pull the jack out to inspect that the wires all have a solid connection. It slides into the opening in the backing plate. If they aren't you need to solder the broken connection. Real easy to do. If this is not the case then you have a loose connection to one of the pick ups. Little bit more involved but doable...

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Are you sure the jack is in there tight? Take the back plate off, take off the jam nut that holds it on and pull the jack out to inspect that the wires all have a solid connection. It slides into the opening in the backing plate. If they aren't you need to solder the broken connection. Real easy to do. If this is not the case then you have a loose connection to one of the pick ups. Little bit more involved but doable...

Yes, it's nice and tight at the jack - that's the only thing I felt comfortable doing was taking that out and the connections look good. No sound change when I move the patch.

Here's a note: When the guitar volume knob isn't off or all the way the way up it produces distorted feedback. Then if I turn it all the way up its good. Sound like the pick up deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread