Vaping a pod mod and a brush with "death"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
Now that I've got your attention, no real death, but I think I saw a god, angel or something.

So the story goes, I buy some nic salt liquid, it sits around the house for a while. I mostly forget it. I've got other nic salts in 25mg, 35mg, and this one that's been sitting around.

Fast forward, a month or so. I'm like ya know, I haven't used my pod mod in a while, so let's fire that up. I snag this juice that's been sitting around, prime the 1.0 ohm coil, seal it up and fill it. Let it sit for 10 minutes to make sure it's primed.

Talking to my wife, I'm like, oh yeah my pod mod! So as she's talking to me, I drag this big long hit from this breeze 2. At this point, the heavens opened up, angels played trumpets, and then a trap door was opened and straight to hell when I re-enacted the Exorcist (minus the puke) but coughing like crazy, head undulating so hard I was genuinely concerned I'd hack up a lung or break my neck...

Come to find out, the liquid was 50mg. I like a good throat hit, but this was like Jackie Chan kicked my throat!

Last edited:

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
Yeah, that’s the thing about salts. They can lower the throat hit, but too much nic is too much nic. I’ve got a bottle of 50mg nic salts I doubt I’ll be touching again. Tastes fine but makes me cough something fierce.

I'm sure there's a lucky strike smoker somewhere that could handle it. Reminded me of my first cig, a Marb Red... that was a hell of an introduction to smoking.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yeah, I mix my salts with a regular 6 mg of about the same flavor to about 12 mg nic total. Takes like 1.5 ml to 8 ml to get there and it's fine for a pod for me. To think, I started with 48 mg Vuse and wasn't fazed by it. Just can't hold my nic like I used too. Lucky I still have my wooden leg for the booze.

Oh, wait, I don't even do that anymore.

At least there's still sex. Sometimes.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm sure there's a lucky strike smoker somewhere that could handle it. Reminded me of my first cig, a Marb Red... that was a hell of an introduction to smoking.
I used to smoke 3 packs of luck strike straights a day. Been years though. I moved from 24 down to 12, then to 8 and back to around 10. I bought the high nic salt for a trip I’m taking where minimum vaping is key. Can’t handle the stuff though. I bought some 25, which is better, but I still have to be careful with it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah, I mix my salts with a regular 6 mg of about the same flavor to about 12 mg nic total. Takes like 1.5 ml to 8 ml to get there and it's fine for a pod for me. To think, I started with 48 mg Vuse and wasn't fazed by it. Just can't hold my nic like I used too. Lucky I still have my wooden leg for the booze.

Lucky.

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
I used to smoke 3 packs of luck strike straights a day. Been years though. I moved from 24 down to 12, then to 8 and back to around 10. I bought the high nic salt for a trip I’m taking where minimum vaping is key. Can’t handle the stuff though. I bought some 25, which is better, but I still have to be careful with it.

holy crap that's a lot of lucky strikes. Growing up I worked in a popular convenience store up here in New York. There was ONE guy that bought lucky strikes and we were the busiest store in the chain of stores. He was a farmer, his skin was leather from working the field all his life. He had to be in his 70's. Quiet guy, but I always had his cigarettes ready for him.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Now that I've got your attention, no real death, but I think I saw a god, angel or something.

So the story goes, I buy some nic salt liquid, it sits around the house for a while. I mostly forget it. I've got other nic salts in 25mg, 35mg, and this one that's been sitting around.

Fast forward, a month or so. I'm like ya know, I haven't used my pod mod in a while, so let's fire that up. I snag this juice that's been sitting around, prime the 1.0 ohm coil, seal it up and fill it. Let it sit for 10 minutes to make sure it's primed.

Talking to my wife, I'm like, oh yeah my pod mod! So as she's talking to me, I drag this big long hit from this breeze 2. At this point, the heavens opened up, angels played trumpets, and then a trap door was opened and straight to hell when I re-enacted the Exorcist (minus the puke) but coughing like crazy, head undulating so hard I was genuinely concerned I'd hack up a lung or break my neck...

Come to find out, the liquid was 50mg. I like a good throat hit, but this was like Jackie Chan kicked my throat!
    wow, the one store pushes 50 with this mod. seems to have a good deal of power. I thought that 50 salts was for a wimpy pod. seems a little crazy.

• Informative
    Reactions: Foggy Road

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA

Show-off.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    When i mix my own juice, i use salt nic. And i mix at 6mg per ml. Was in a hurry the other day when i mixed a batch of lemon cheesecake and didnt measure the nic very carefully. Probably have it around the 9 to 10mg mark. Hoo boy. I sub ohm and this is a little bit strong hit. Soon as i vape this batch down a little, gonna throw in some more VG to bring the nic down a pinch. Not too worried about diluting the flavor as i use higher percentages than most people. A nic kick to the throat isnt always a good thing.

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
    When i mix my own juice, i use salt nic. And i mix at 6mg per ml. Was in a hurry the other day when i mixed a batch of lemon cheesecake and didnt measure the nic very carefully. Probably have it around the 9 to 10mg mark. Hoo boy. I sub ohm and this is a little bit strong hit. Soon as i vape this batch down a little, gonna throw in some more VG to bring the nic down a pinch. Not too worried about diluting the flavor as i use higher percentages than most people. A nic kick to the throat isnt always a good thing.

Eeks, yeah that's rough. I usually vape at .12 to .24 ohms. I didn't feel like dripping that 50mg nic salt on a dual .15ohm build. I couldn't even imagine...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Gotta admit I've become a wuss. 3mg at 15 watts keep me off the ciggs now. Tried some 12mg juice few weeks ago and I couldn't even taste the flavor anymore, just got light headed lol

I haven't had nicotine since last February... if I had nicotine now it'd be, hilarious more than likely...

My husband uses nicotine and I mix his juice and fill his tank as well as build and clean his coils, but I can't taste test or vape his tanks to see whats going on.

I've been worried about doing it without thinking for a long time... I know the day I stop worrying I'll stick his tank to my mouth without thinking and I'll be sick as a dog.. lol

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread