Vaping and cold, cough, congestion, sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Files

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Virginia
So a couple of weeks back I caught a nasty head cold that knocked me out for a weekend and ended up in a cough which I now still have. I have been going back and forth between vaping and not vaping. I would think I was getting better so I would start vaping and it seemed things would get worse. So I think I am going to try and hold out this time until the cough is gone.

Would love to hear about other experiences people have had with vaping and colds etc.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I had an uncontrolable cough about two weeks in that lasted for a week or so. Vaping or not vaping did not help. After that I have not been able to catch anything, even when I try. I have kissed my wife when she was coughing to the point of headaches, kissed my son goodbye every morning, even when he has brought home germs from first grade, kissed my daughter goodbye every morning, even when she was so sick she couldn't get out of bed to go to school. Still nothing. I think it is a phase that will pass.

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
I had an uncontrolable cough about two weeks in that lasted for a week or so. Vaping or not vaping did not help. After that I have not been able to catch anything, even when I try. I have kissed my wife when she was coughing to the point of headaches, kissed my son goodbye every morning, even when he has brought home germs from first grade, kissed my daughter goodbye every morning, even when she was so sick she couldn't get out of bed to go to school. Still nothing. I think it is a phase that will pass.

A great parent and spouse never cares how sick their loved ones are. They will always give em a kiss. Great job, and thanks for giving me a heart felt smile.

Reactions: TamiVapes

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I had a cold last week. Vaping was irritating my lungs by day two. I've noticed in the past that 0 nic juice does not make me cough, while 18mg/ml occasionally does, so I made a batch of 9mg/ml with very little flavoring, and it helped quite a bit. It's cleared up, now, but I did have a bit of bronchitis for a few days after I kicked the virus.

I vape nearly 100% VG, though. I'd guess that high PG may be more of an irritant.

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
So a couple of weeks back I caught a nasty head cold that knocked me out for a weekend and ended up in a cough which I now still have. I have been going back and forth between vaping and not vaping. I would think I was getting better so I would start vaping and it seemed things would get worse. So I think I am going to try and hold out this time until the cough is gone.

Would love to hear about other experiences people have had with vaping and colds etc.

The last time I got sick when I smoked and vaped both on the same night. Breathing problems the next morning accompanied by bronchial symptoms. I cut down both smoking and vaping 'till I got better.

Eh-hem...maybe agent Fox Molder or Dana Skully's medical expertise can explain better on your vaping and cold symptoms. j/k

Dr. Phill

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Kansas City, Mo
Been sick for over a month now, I shoulda gone to the doc, but its getting a little better. I don't think vaping made it any better than analogs personally, I've coughed up so much stuff lately it's disgusting, and in fact my gums hurt ALOT since vaping. I don't know whats up with that, kinda wondering how healthy vaping really is due to these things, but i am trying to get over them and get the benefits of vaping that so many speak of.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I recently had a cold where I coughed a bit and vaped but didn't inhale - just held it in my mouth. I think that the nic is absorbed through the mouth and I was able to vape without worrying about inhaling anything. I sort of feel like smoking with the tar and whatnot probably coated my lungs and sinuses - now that I've been off smoking I have allergies that I never had before. I still believe that it's much healthier than smoking.

payne1226

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2012
minnesota
I recently had a cold where I coughed a bit and vaped but didn't inhale - just held it in my mouth. I think that the nic is absorbed through the mouth and I was able to vape without worrying about inhaling anything. I sort of feel like smoking with the tar and whatnot probably coated my lungs and sinuses - now that I've been off smoking I have allergies that I never had before. I still believe that it's much healthier than smoking.

i think that your right the tar and other crap is a cause of the cold from detoxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread