Vaping and fatty liver

Status
Not open for further replies.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Oh, I brought that up, too. I even sent him a Harvard Med School study that said eating red meat increases the risk of cancer and heart disease. He seems to be avoiding me now. (shrugs shoulders)

51333471_2437310876535061_8502403472040132608_n.jpg
<----- words to live by

study was debunked just because red meat consumed doesn't prove cause,,, that's like blaming a fireman for the house fire because he is always at the scene. Fortunately more and more people are demanding proof over shock and awe headlines.. No longer willing to believe the propaganda crowd

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
study was debunked just because red meat consumed doesn't prove cause,,, that's like blaming a fireman for the house fire because he is always at the scene. Fortunately more and more people are demanding proof over shock and awe headlines.. No longer willing to believe the propaganda crowd
Oh, I know. He was accusing me of cherry picking studies to suit my agenda, so I threw that one in just to piss him off.

Reactions: kross8

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    One of my best friends from high school recently reconnected with me on Face Book. Being an advocate for vaping and harm reduction, I post a lot of pro-vaping studies. Well, this friend was a former drug abuser and smoker who has stopped both the drug and cigarette use which he attributes to his faith in God. He said that I should stop vaping altogether because I'm still using an addictive drug -- nicotine. He also accuses me of cherry picking the studies that I post to suit my agenda.

Long story short, we have debated a lot on FB. I have tried to explain that the majority of studies in the US were funded by Big Pharm and were flawed. The studies from the UK are more noteworthy and not fake news. He'll have nothing to do with it. He's stubborn and narrow minded.

I almost always follow the rule of never getting involved in discussions involving politics or religeon on Face Book, and I was doing pretty good for myself until he brought up his religious views. I told him finally that he is free to believe what he wants, but do not try to force his beliefs onto me. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

I consider myself a very spiritual person... Notice I said "spiritual" and not "religious"..... I know exactly what you mean in regards to talking about either politics or religion...... The problem is that religion is mad-made but spirituality is not.... I can study something in the Bible and have a totally different perception and belief in what it means than others who study the same thing.....

Because I vape and drink wine, most church goer's would call me "worldly" , unsaved, and not going to heaven etc ..... Oh, and I curse from time to time when I get mad about something..... I am not chronic at it but from time to time when I get extremely angry, a few choice words will fly out of my mouth.... I was raised up going to church 3 times per week and quoted Bible verses the entire time I was growing up and so I know lots about the teachings of the Bible..... But, I also know that I don't view many things in the Bible the same way that most avid church goer's do.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Oh, and I curse from time to time when I get mad about something..... I am not chronic at it but from time to time when I get extremely angry, a few choice words will fly out of my mouth....
    Along the lines of "Crisse de câlice de tabarnak d'esti de sacrament de trou viarge"?

Reactions: AXIOM_1

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    yeah french profanity.....
    French-Canadian profanity, s'il vous plait.
    I don't think so, but I don't really know. It's a meme I got from my Face Book feed. I liked it so saved it.

51333471_2437310876535061_8502403472040132608_n.jpg
    I found it! 'Tis indeed Mr. Meredith. The still is from Grumpier Old Men.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I found it! 'Tis indeed Mr. Meredith. The still is from Grumpier Old Men.

You are correct as I remember the movie in vivid detail.... his character in the movie was a very old, chain-smoking, beer drinking fella, with a perverted eye on the Ladies (any Lady)....

Reactions: Baditude

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    95% of your health is directly related to whatever you consumed /exposed yourself to over the years .

But nobody wants to take responsibility of those actions,,, they just want a pill or procedure to fix the problem.

Reality, the pills only treats the symptoms for those not willing to make lifestyle changes. Sugar, processed carbs and AMA doctors are far more dangerous that anything vaping related.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    95% of your health is directly related to whatever you consumed /exposed yourself to over the years .

Source? Or is it just your own number?
    But nobody wants to take responsibility of those actions,,, they just want a pill or procedure to fix the problem.

Plenty of people do, eat healthy, exercise, and they get sick just the same. Unfortunately.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Reality, the pills only treats the symptoms for those not willing to make lifestyle changes. Sugar, processed carbs and AMA doctors are far more dangerous that anything vaping related.

BINGO, You hit the nail on the head...... REFINED SUGAR is probably one of the largest contributing factors too many ailments that has ever came down the pike.... It's found in the great majority of food products nowadays, and people wonder why their health fails them :rolleyes:

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    One of my best friends from high school recently reconnected with me on Face Book. Being an advocate for vaping and harm reduction, I post a lot of pro-vaping studies. Well, this friend was a former drug abuser and smoker who has stopped both the drug and cigarette use which he attributes to his faith in God. He said that I should stop vaping altogether because I'm still using an addictive drug -- nicotine. He also accuses me of cherry picking the studies that I post to suit my agenda.

Long story short, we have debated a lot on FB. I have tried to explain that the majority of studies in the US were funded by Big Pharm and were flawed. The studies from the UK are more noteworthy and not fake news. He'll have nothing to do with it. He's stubborn and narrow minded.

I almost always follow the rule of never getting involved in discussions involving politics or religeon on Face Book, and I was doing pretty good for myself until he brought up his religious views. I told him finally that he is free to believe what he wants, but do not try to force his beliefs onto me. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
    As someone who gets my help from staying drug-free (26 years now) in a faith-based recovery program, I can tell you your friend is wrong to be so biased. We are supposed to abstain from any substance that causing our lives harm and ruin. I know a lot of 12 steppers (faith based and otherwise) that indulge in nicotine.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I dunno...this "vaping and fatty liver" would be something I normally scoffed at BUT I was diagnosed with it just in 2018. Do I eat right? No probably not. But I eat a lot less junk food than some I know. I also have good cholesterol numbers. Have not drank seriously since I was my mid twenties and I am going on 60 now. (save for the occasional office party) I think I have been drunk twice in the last 20 years. I am carrying extra weight but my DR is mystified because my cholesterol numbers are good. I do not want to ask her if it is the vaping because she is anti-vaping anyway so I know the answer I will get. I have changed my diet to the point of almost nothing sweet and pre-packaged and we shall see if that makes a difference. I guess I am not so sure I can scoff at this.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    chanelvapes....good luck, congrats on making the lifestyle changes. It CAN be reversed in early stages, and it hits about 1/3 of the population at some level, as I understand it. The NA version is most common.

Yeah, sugar is the new smoking. I've seen vids about HFCS being particularly bad, but it's "internet information" so IKD if it's authoritative. I don't know what they hell "they're" going to do when we all live to 100. But it's a good way to grab all the real-estate to pay for the nursing home costs. :/

Love the meme. ;) Can't really follow it though...

Reactions: kross8
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread