The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping and Heart Conditions - Article 11/25/19

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by BrotherBob, Nov 26, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I'm going to make an educated guess and say that the rapid improvements in vascular health after switching from smoking to vaping are most likely due to the lack of carbon monoxide in vapor.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
  4. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Since so many Studies from Universities have shot down vaping in the past, I've grown cynical about even the positive ones.
    I remember thinking in years past that when the media gets less Clicks on the negative news eventually that they may start reporting positive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
  6. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    Here's another way to judge the benefits. n=1 I switched to vaping 5 years ago, age 65, after smoking 40 of the previous 50 years. Then I learn from a check up, I didn't get healthy, just less unhealthy. So I reformed diet and exercise, reduced body fat about 30 pounds to 13%, added may be 10 lbs of muscle, I eat low carb, real food, +40% of daily calories burned by exercise, normalized blood pressure, blood fat and blood sugar. Lung exam and xray normal. All that took effort, there are no garrantees, and none of it possible without stopping smoking first. The war on vaping is truely disgusting and an existential threat to my new found health.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    The Reason I posted the Drake Equation was Not that I believe the Drake Equation is all that Meaningful numerically. I don't.

But what made the Drake Equation kinda thought provoking is that for Any Polynomial, as long as there are an Even Amount of Negative Terms (which in the Drake Equation Negative Terms is Not Possible) and All the Term are Non-Zero, statistically almost guaranteed, the Value of n has to be a Positive Number.

That is in many ways How I view e-Cigarette Studies.

That Even though the Junk Science Mill keeps churning out Negative Study after Negative Study, given enough time, a Positive Study will be Published.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Check out the big brain on Brett!
    [​IMG]