Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
drake-equation-image.jpg

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Here's another way to judge the benefits. n=1 I switched to vaping 5 years ago, age 65, after smoking 40 of the previous 50 years. Then I learn from a check up, I didn't get healthy, just less unhealthy. So I reformed diet and exercise, reduced body fat about 30 pounds to 13%, added may be 10 lbs of muscle, I eat low carb, real food, +40% of daily calories burned by exercise, normalized blood pressure, blood fat and blood sugar. Lung exam and xray normal. All that took effort, there are no garrantees, and none of it possible without stopping smoking first. The war on vaping is truely disgusting and an existential threat to my new found health.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

The Reason I posted the Drake Equation was Not that I believe the Drake Equation is all that Meaningful numerically. I don't.

But what made the Drake Equation kinda thought provoking is that for Any Polynomial, as long as there are an Even Amount of Negative Terms (which in the Drake Equation Negative Terms is Not Possible) and All the Term are Non-Zero, statistically almost guaranteed, the Value of n has to be a Positive Number.

That is in many ways How I view e-Cigarette Studies.

That Even though the Junk Science Mill keeps churning out Negative Study after Negative Study, given enough time, a Positive Study will be Published.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread