Vaping and more energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unc1987

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
North Carolina
When I smoked I loved it. I absolutely loved it. Being from North Carolina I think it's in my blood. Analogs were cheap, you could smoke any where. I actually even like the smell of burning tobacco, still do. I love riding down the road in the summer and seeing the tobacco fields. Theyre awesome, and I was proud to smoke but I alway felt tired and groggy. I had headaches too. Did anyone experience this lack of energy? How has that increased since you switched to vaping? Im two weeks in and it's getting better every day.

Twinkie Mayne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Minne-SNOW-ta, USA
When I smoked I loved it. I absolutely loved it. Being from North Carolina I think it's in my blood. Analogs were cheap, you could smoke any where. I actually even like the smell of burning tobacco, still do. I love riding down the road in the summer and seeing the tobacco fields. Theyre awesome, and I was proud to smoke but I alway felt tired and groggy. I had headaches too. Did anyone experience this lack of energy? How has that increased since you switched to vaping? Im two weeks in and it's getting better every day.
hmm i never really paid attention to my energy levels since i dropped the cigs. but lately i have noticed i wake up with a lot headaches. not sure it thats from vaping before bed???

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Hell yes! I didn't recognize it... more likely I didn't acknowledge it until I had been vaping for a few weeks. I'm an avid hiker/backpacker (strange for a smoker I know) and live at a mile high and go to 2+ miles high at times. I would break and keep telling myself, "just get your second wind", but it just wasn't there - sluggish, winded, etc. Now, only after 3 month analog-free I feel so much better and, although I'd be fooling myself to think I was back in shape, can honestly say that I feel so much better and I get so much more air into my lungs. It's really astounding and what keeps me from going back to analogs and sticking with vaping. Really life changing.

Sorry.. guess I didn't read,"...lack of energy... How has that increased since you switched to vaping?"... absolutely the opposite for me.

Last edited:

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I went through a period probably around week 2-3 completely off cigarettes (I did both for a short while) where I was constantly tired. Took as many naps as I could get away with and slept all night. It felt kind of flu-like with muscle aches. It only lasted a week or so and then I felt back to normal afterwards.

I definitely have more energy in general now that I can breathe deeper and don't wheeze when I climb hills or laugh too hard.

Congrats on giving up smoking. At least you know the nicotine in your ejuice still comes from tobacco so you can still be proud of those fields.

Terp

Oct 3, 2012
Cebu, Philippines
I guess everyone’s different.

When I quite cigs and started vaping my energy level really decreased big time, gained about 15 pounds on top of it and my diets the same.

Really believe that's because I was getting more nicotine from the analogs and nicotine is a stimulant after all.

Now after almost 4 months and vaping 10mg juice for that whole time my energy is returning and I'm thinking of upping my juice to 16 or 18mg to help with weight lose along with exercise.

Last edited:

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I guess everyone’s different.

When I quite cigs and started vaping my energy level really decreased big time, gained about 15 pounds on top of it and my diets the same.

Really believe that's because I was getting more nicotine from the analogs and nicotine is a stimulant after all.

Now after almost 4 months and vaping 10mg juice for that whole time my energy is returning and I'm thinking of upping my juice to 16 or 18mg to help with weight lose along with exercise.

Starting at 10mg is pretty low. Great you made it 4 months. I lost weight in the beginning because I preferred all the vaping flavors to snacking at night. Eventually the novelty of it wore off and I was back to snacking. I'm not sure upping the nic helps you burn more calories, lift weights or something instead.

albcig

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2012
tirana
yea i noticed an increase in energy after i quit smoking. i still feel that energy now after 1.5 years of vaping. the first smoke of the day used to knock me off big time. that was one of the reasons i quit smoking. i was feeling constantly tired as i was constantly smoking. and the cough was horrible. but is all gone now. the only thing making me tired these days are those damn hot spots in the ss mesh.

Unc1987

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
North Carolina
yea i noticed an increase in energy after i quit smoking. i still feel that energy now after 1.5 years of vaping. the first smoke of the day used to knock me off big time. that was one of the reasons i quit smoking. i was feeling constantly tired as i was constantly smoking. and the cough was horrible. but is all gone now. the only thing making me tired these days are those damn hot spots in the ss mesh.

The first analog of the used to zap my energy too. It took me forever to 'wake up.' That was even with a cup of coffee. I'm feeling more energy now, I think it's from more oxygen flowing through my blood. I can definitely start to tell the novelty of vaping is wearing off, but I still get a real bad craving for an analog after dinner.

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
More oxygen and less carbon monoxide should result in feeling more energized. If you're keeping up with your water intake (puff puff SIP!), that will also make a huge difference. I can't tell you how many skaters I've seen drag .... through practice only to have them confess they've not had a drop of water all day *facepalm*

Unc1987

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
North Carolina
More oxygen and less carbon monoxide should result in feeling more energized. If you're keeping up with your water intake (puff puff SIP!), that will also make a huge difference. I can't tell you how many skaters I've seen drag .... through practice only to have them confess they've not had a drop of water all day *facepalm*

thanks for the tip. i definitely need to increase my water intake. since quitting smoking i feel like i drink much less water, even when exercising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread