Vaping as a smoking cessation tool does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

edacsac

Jan 7, 2015
I'm off and on with vaping. Today I'm trying to vape to replace cigaretts. So why am I complaining? I have less than 1/4 tank of juice, which is almost doable, but now all of a sudden my ecig is barely hitting. It never does that! vaping is just too difficult. With cigaretts, you just flip the top and know that you are good. If not, you can stop anywhere and refill. I don't have my personal, tolarable juice mixture here with me at work, so I can refill and make this work. No, I have less than a 1/4 tank of juice to get me through more than a 12 hour day.

Sorry. everytime I give it a go to get off of cigaretts, I run into these similar issues. And it's not often that I give it a real go, so it's double frustrating. It's not like "oh well, just try again tomorrow".

Reactions: Jode

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It is a tool. Tools do take effort to make them work. It does take more effort and planning than cigarettes. Sometimes it depends on how much time and effort one is willing to invest to get this tool to work for them. It worked for me. I hope it does for you too.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
You need more juice, more different hardware. Always have a backup and also a backup of a backup. Have one ecig on you, one in the car and one at your place.

ecig is not a magic tool where you'll automatically stop smoking, you need to plan a bit, test liquids/hardware a lot (which is just fun for most of us), it takes a bit of adaptation and motivation, the reward is quite worth it however!

puddinman

Jun 6, 2015
You are right, it takes more effort than cigs. But any way you try to quit will take more effort than smoking. The habit/addiction is so strong that it will break down your resolve and encourage you to find excuses not to quit. Don't make excuses. Put the effort in. This forum is full of people who have quit and they will give you pointers.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was one of the fortunate ones too. I knew from the first that it would work for me. I just made sure I never ran out of what was needed. It was a bit of work since I started with a little auto kit with 180mah batteries topped with a pre-filled cartridge/atomizer combo for the topper.

Tyberias

Jun 1, 2010
TN
Just like with most things in life, you only get out of it what you put into it.

Once you educate yourself about your needs and equipment, it becomes just as easy as smoking can be. When I smoked, I knew how many cigarettes I needed to get through a day. So, I made sure I had enough of them. With vaping, it is the same, only the cigarettes have been replaced with juice and batteries. Until you learn what you need to satisfy your habits, be over prepared.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Maybe you'll find it's not worth the extra effort to vape instead of smoke. Maybe you aren't ready to quit smoking. Either way, your title for this thread is not true for thousands if not millions of us who are staying off cigarettes.

Vaping works pretty well and isn't much trouble, IF you are serious about quitting.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Worked really well for me better than other stuff at least, and I've upgraded equipment a few time since started too, what I started with I wouldn't use anymore today..you need to find what works best for you-equipment and juice, and it may take some trial and error to get there. plus you have to be mentally wanting/willing/ready to quit too. Need backups, Carry extra supplies too sometimes. You are in right place for support, suggestions, and encouragement....plus some here are dual users too. Now that I am used to it and set up nicely, I find vaping easier than smoking, keep everything in stock and no more runs to store for ciggies and lighters

-Redd-

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
A Brit in the Land of Clogs
The first thing is YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUITE SMOKING. Then plan your day and equipment so you don't have those pit falls.

I wasn't actually planning on quitting smoking, I'd heard from a friend about e-cigs and thought I'd try them, found a good supplier, got loads of info and went for it. I was amazed that I preferred them to smoking, so gave up my stash of cigs straight away and have never looked back. :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Just like with most things in life, you only get out of it what you put into it.

Once you educate yourself about your needs and equipment, it becomes just as easy as smoking can be. When I smoked, I knew how many cigarettes I needed to get through a day. So, I made sure I had enough of them. With vaping, it is the same, only the cigarettes have been replaced with juice and batteries. Until you learn what you need to satisfy your habits, be over prepared.

Well put!

I never leave the house without at least two devices, both either freshly charged or with freshly charged batteries, and full toppers - of different flavors.

If quitting smoking was easy, we'd all have done it years ago, without vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread