Vaping at the US Open Tennis Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

uab9253

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2014
Salisbury MD
Just got back this weekend and wanted to file a field report. I vaped all over the grounds and in pretty much every venue during our two days at the Open. Nobody even so much as looked at me cross-eyed. Now, I don't blow clouds and use the tootlepuffer Ego Twist kind of setup, but still there were some exhaled visible vapors and no one said anything. I did see one guy leaning up against a wall, using a box mod and blowing bigger clouds, but I think it's safe to say the US Open is either vape friendly or just hasn't gotten around to banning it yet. They did repeatedly say there is no smoking allowed on the grounds but vaping seems to be okay for now.
In addition, I vaped openly in the Long Island railroad terminal, on the train itself and Amtrak both 2 and from NYC.
It was great not to be hassled. Hopefully this will continue to be the normal. It made for a much more pleasant experience.

uab9253

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2014
Salisbury MD
For Amtrak and the LIRR, I pretty much knew it was banned, but stealth vapers like to live dangerously. Luckily for the long train rides on Amtrak, the cars were not full and my son could sit beside me while I fed my monster. The LIRR ride was so short that stealth vaping was not needed, but I was just curious to see if I could get away with it. I did catch a judgmental glare on the LIRR platform back to Manhattan - it does have a sort of roof on it, so now I know why.
But in the US Open there were no issues - perhaps because so many attendees are not only not native New Yorkers, they are not even from the US.
So yes, I was lucky, but also skillful. :)

Reactions: snork
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread