Vaping at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
I wear cargo pants to work, and there's a slit on my pants to hold pens. I keep my e-cig there, and I vape anytime no one is around, such as:

Turning a corner in the hallway, no one around, puff!
Entering a room, no one near the doorway, puffpuff!
Anytime I go to the restroom, enter a stall, puffpuffpuff!
Entering an empty elevator, pu... oh, you know already :)

Of course, I take a smoke break with the smokers when they go outside. Heh, heh, heh...

I sometimes start vaping, someone comes into view, so I turn my head and vape out of my nose, and wave my hands a bit to disperse the vapor. Works like a charm!

It's become a personal game, of how much I can vape all day and not be noticed.

If I do get caught, I give a lecture about the benefits of PG (it's a germicide) and lung health (no tar, no lung problems) and nicotine (can help prevent/moderate various diseases like Parkinson's and Alzheimers WITHOUT the harmful stuff found in tobacco) and of course, the eliquid flavors... at which point I make a mental note that I lost the game for the day. Boo. But, it's still a victory as we have one more person educated about e-cigs!

It's the weekend, I can't wait for Monday!

Last edited:

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
If you're about to get caught, just hold your breath for 10-15 seconds, inhale fresh air one more time then exhale downward and you'll probably see no vapor whatsoever. This is what is known as "stealth vaping". You may want to just try it, practice it a few times and you'll be a Stealth Master in no time.

:thumb:

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
..just hold your breath for 10-15 seconds, inhale fresh air one more time then exhale downward and you'll probably see no vapor whatsoever. This is what is known as "stealth vaping".

:thumb:
Waaah... I have to practice this and master it by Monday! Now I *really* can't wait to get to work! Thanks for the technique, Shortstuff! :laugh:

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
fritos1 Thanks about blowing through the nose, I tried it and it helps place the vapor low to the ground, so by the time it floats up it's dissipated. Some of the flavors I've been vaping have a tendency to visibly linger in midair, almost like analog smoke, so the nose trick is doing wonders for my concealed vaping :)

FlyerTom Haha! No need for professional help, I use self-administered vapor therapy, it's doing wonders! :D

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
After two months I finally had someone complain about the "smell" of my PV. The funny thing is I vape Snickerdoodle cookies at work, so how he finds the smell of freshly baked cookies disturbing, I am not sure. The funny thing is, he LOVES to douse himself in cologne and has caused me to go home several times with migraines. Luckily, he is only here a couple days a week and the rest of the time I can vape openly, but was told that as long as he is in the office, I need to step outside. I just wish I could make HIM step outside whenever he comes in and starts one of my migraines. Another funny thing is that everyone else in the office LOVES the smell of my vapes and think he is just a whiner. Oh well...

coralie

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
USA, Chicago area
I work in a place that has zero tolerance for tobacco on the grounds. I vape in the bathroom or go without. Or take a lunchbreak and vape in my car on the way to pick up my lunch and on the way back. I have never (and probably will never) tell anyone at work that I vape. I just love that I can come back in with *no trace* of smoke smell on may hair, clothes, or person. I like my secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread