Vaping Banned in Another 5 Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
Your pictures are uploaded at their full size, not resized for online or forum use! Just each letter is 1" tall on my screen when shown actual size. I personally don't wait for pics that large to load, so I can't see what your post is talking about in the pamphlet.

So I gotta just hit thumbnail, right?

Reactions: stols001

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
View attachment 755841 View attachment 755843

Had to get gasoline the other day and what do I see right beside the debit machine, this pamphlet.

Please don’t get me wrong I’m glad for progress and am 100% for vaping advocacy. But to any newbie this is dangerous!!! IMHO this is a product that should be sold in vape shops or idk, just not like this.

I went straight to my local fav vape shop and showed the 4 page pamphlet to one of the guys and expressed my concerns.

When I went to the website I found out a little tiny bit more and turns out that the company that owns this brand is none other than, drum roll pls...Imperial Tobacco, Tah, Dah!!!

These are the parasites that were MEGA funding the lobbyists to stop vaping and were against our right to vape and they could have won. Now it is sold to anyone, by anyone. I am concerned for those that have no info and don’t know that they need to educate themselves.

When I was at my fav vape shop I took a bunch of business cards to give to anyone I see buying vape stuff from a gas station. I’ll encourage him or her (needless to say, outside the store) that they have made a great choice to vape but to drop by get some information they need that hasn’t been provided in this vague pamphlet. I’ll let them know that they can save a lot of money on juice and how many choices of yummy flavours they have to choose from. The gas station’s price just under 8 bucks for 10 mls. that’s 80 cents a ml and compared to the vape shop I like... Well, there is no comparison.

It said it was made in the UK and not in Canada or North America. So the guys that are financial impacted are both Canada and US ejuice related businesses. When the Canadian/US dollar fluctuates, as it often does, there are a fare share of Canadians that purchase US ejuice and vise versa. Tell me who will financially benefit from this? More importantly who will not?

We who vape had at our side, our guys (local vape shops), larger vape companies, ejuice manufacturers, PG-VG and nic distributors put the $ into it. We all had to fight with our letters, telephone calls and rallies for my right to vape in my home, municipality, province, and even country.

I’m happy that there is progress but this bugs me and it stinks. Irony at its best, Imperial Tobacco...Gag. The first time someone vapes and there’s a problem with this (gas station selling vapes) the news and anti vape side will be all over it.

Someone, help me see something good for the little guys in this situation ie the good local vape shops that will loose money. That are in it for the right reasons, helping people get off the stinkies.
Vonnie
Attempt to attach pictures, wish me luck:) View attachment 755841 View attachment 755843

Telling the truth I don't get it... what danger are you talking about? As long as gas station sell it to adults I do not see any danger... vaping is not rocket science... more people will vape less problems we will face... and bigger competition very often result in better products and lower prices... in my area I do not like vape shops... they wanted sell me once very small bag of cotton bacon for $14 and online I bought exactly the same for $3.99... they push here only Smok products and things I want to buy they never have.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
So I gotta just hit thumbnail, right?

If you just post a Thumbnail...people will still have to click on it to see your picture...which will still be the same big size. You need to resize the photos (using a photo editing program) or if they're on your cell phone...choose an option for a smaller size pics, before you upload them.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
First, I'm puzzled how this is related to "Vaping Banned in Another 5 Countries"?

Second, you're upset that an open tank system is being sold at gas stations? Maybe this is something new in Canada, but refillable "vape pen" style stuff and bottles of e-liquid have been available at truck stops and some gas stations for years in the US.

Yes you are correct it is a first for a gas stations to carry vape products and I have been vaping for almost 5 years.

It’s was very recent that the government tried to make it very difficult for vaping here and equating vaping to be the same as smoking a cigarette. It would have been illegal to vape in public outdoor places.

So, if you were to cross the border you could have gotten a heavy fine for vaping within X meters of a doorway even if you were outside.

Here the public believes a lot of the propaganda that was generated by big tobacco and others. It actually could have been illegal to vape in your own condominium (that condo was made smoke free) even though you own it. Remember vaping was considered same as smoking tobacco.

My frustration comes from Imperial Tobacco. They jumped in very shortly after this could have been implemented and am frustrated with this corporate hypocrisy, Specially while playing with peoples lives. Look at the past.

I assumed that this was related to regional/policy when San Fransisco was brought up. I saw a discussion at the bottom of the screen of recent posts...

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
If you just post a Thumbnail...people will still have to click on it to see your picture...which will still be the same big size. You need to resize the photos (using a photo editing program) or if they're on your cell phone...choose an option for a smaller size pics, before you upload them.
TYVM for letting me know and explaining how to correct it :) l had no idea that was happening to that degree with the addition of attachments. I’m on a cell and after the 2nd to last update there were so many changes. Did this text only post come through ok?
Thanks
Vonnie

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Back on track ,
I am in the philippines as i type this ,today i am going to Robinsons mall.There is a tobacco kiosk there that also sells vape gear and juice ,i am getting a 100ml bottle american name brand juice for about 6 bucks
all of the high modders here and local websites are still up in running too
i'd like to know where HC gets this BS for their website ?!?! considering they have mailed nic to a friend there ,which is illegal

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I live in Thailand where vaping is very illegal. They rarely give jail sentence although they could. Mostly they fine the user at least $10,000 (often much more) in local currency with the threat of jail up to 10 years. I never take my vape gear outside my home. The police generally keep the fine for themselves. It is a popular form of extortion here.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
The article incorrectly lists Belgium as one of countries where vaping is banned. Since 17 January 2017 you can no longer vape in public indoor places in Belgium because vaping is considered the same as smoking in that regard, and unfortunately public indoor places also include all vape shops, but vaping is still allowed in locations where smoking is allowed, although consumers can no longer purchase e-cigarette products online so basically we're forced to go to vape shops, where we aren't allowed to vape inside so it's an "everyone in front of the cathedral" type of philosophy right now, you know... picture me standing in the middle of the herd, wearing my Deathwish Modz T-shirt that has the upside-down crosses on it and stuff like that... :evil:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Back on track ,
I am in the philippines as i type this ,today i am going to Robinsons mall.There is a tobacco kiosk there that also sells vape gear and juice ,i am getting a 100ml bottle american name brand juice for about 6 bucks
all of the high modders here and local websites are still up in running too
i'd like to know where HC gets this BS for their website ?!?! considering they have mailed nic to a friend there ,which is illegal
That is interesting because I have read about so much about how tough it is the Philippines. Didn't Pres Duterte also ban regular cig smoking in public view, too? Glad you are not having issues.

I have not been out of the USA recently. When I do, I will be very careful since I do not want to end up in a foreign jail.

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
Vaping is not banned in Austria.

You arent allowed to import vape gear, thats all. Of course thats bad enough for us citizens, but you wont get your vape taken away on the airport or getting fined for vaping in public.

Hell, Austria is one of the only EU countries where you're still allowed to smoke/vape in bars.

Last edited:

Newmikey

Feb 26, 2018
When I went to the website I found out a little tiny bit more and turns out that the company that owns this brand is none other than, drum roll pls...Imperial Tobacco, Tah, Dah!!!
I see this come up quite often and I still have to wrap my head around why it would be bad for tobacco companies to start making the switch to becoming vaping hardware & liquid developers/producers. It's akin to people saying Shell or BP shouldn't get into renewable energy.

I see it quite the other way around: renewable energy will only become the norm if the current oil & gas multinationals give it their undivided attention and ditto investment. Same for vaping, I'd love for tobacco companies to realize that vaping is what they will make their money on over the next 50 years or so and put their minds and resources to building up the vaping industry.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Look at all those corrupt countries protecting their cigarette industries at all cost.

No interest for the welfare and health of their citizens. Just profit and greed. And here I was thinking our capitalist countries were greedy and corrupt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Surprised about the Philippines, guess it's pressure from the tobacco corps, won't be anything to do with health for sure. Fancied a trip to the PI but dreaded the thought of the food, this might just be the nail in the coffin.

Be interesting to see if the recent meetings between pressure groups and the various ministries here in Thailand will have any effect. One can hope but it'll take time and the Tobacco Monopoly (that's it's real name) ain't likely to give in easily, they'll just throw more money at whoever they need, welcome to SE Asia.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
TYVM for letting me know and explaining how to correct it :) l had no idea that was happening to that degree with the addition of attachments. I’m on a cell and after the 2nd to last update there were so many changes. Did this text only post come through ok?

You're welcome for the info. Yes, your text only post came through just fine. :)

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Surprised about the Philippines, guess it's pressure from the tobacco corps, won't be anything to do with health for sure. Fancied a trip to the PI but dreaded the thought of the food, this might just be the nail in the coffin.

Honestly i doubt that report has any real merit,i seen a bunch more american brand juice and some RJ Reynolds stick systems also at the mall kiosk today

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Honestly i doubt that report has any real merit,i seen a bunch more american brand juice and some RJ Reynolds stick systems also at the mall kiosk today

Wouldn't they have to allow some grace time to comply with the new ban? I don't see how any new ban can take effect immediately. Most times when there are new regulations, there's a specific date they take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread