• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping & Blood Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
It is great that your active. Try lowering your nic slowly. You didn't say how much your blood pressure went up. Now an accurate blood pressure result needs to an average of several different reading taken over several days. Did you just see the doc once and it was high? Were you sick, in pain or upset during that reading? Consistent high BP means you need to do stuff to bring it down. A one time reading is not indicative of high BP necessarily.

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
Nicotine is a vaso-constrictor and can raise blood pressure, but if you've switched from smoking to vaping, then the nicotine shouldn't be an issue unless you're vaping a really high nic juice. More likely a case of "white coat syndrome" - nerves due to the presence of a doctor, especially if you were feeling stressed about your doctor's opinion re vaping. If you were afraid to tell him, that's probably the case.

I agree with the previous posters that a one-time reading doesn't mean much - just follow up with a few more BP checks to make sure it isn't a trend.

kjay

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2011
Norridgewock Maine
I have "white coat syndrome". My blood pressure is higher just from being in a doctors office. If my mom takes it at her house it's a lot lower. I can tell my BP is lower since I started vaping, my heart doesnt race after smoking a cig. I'm kinda looking forward to having it taken again to see if I'm right. I doubt its vaping, even with the nic. So many factors can effect our BP. Id look at everything and adjust whatever necessary.

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
I have my blood pressure taken regularly but this time I didn't catch what it was. She asked me if I was doing anything different or was stressed and I was too CHICKEN to tell her I was now VAPING. I am just so pleased not to be smoking now that this really is a small issue.
I am really greatful for all of your comments it's nice to have a place where I can discuss everything with total honestly.

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
Since the recent study done by Dr Eissenberg at of Virginia showed about 50% of the nicotine vaped makes it to the blood stream, another possibility may be nic withdrawal. If you were a heavy smoker you are possibly getting much less nic. Jst another thought. Agree with prior theories as well. All three are possibly the culprit
white coat syndrome or vaping stealth anxiety
nic too high............headache?
nic too low.............irritable, chain vaping, hungry, anxious?

just my 2 cents

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
Thanks everyone, I feel great so I am hoping it was a one off. I will have my Blood Pressure taken again soon. I don't seem to be chain vaping now like I did in the beginning but I certainly don't feel like a cigarette so I am really amazed that this has worked for me as I tried everthing under the sun to stop over the years.
I love the freedom of vaping and it's brought a new lease of life for me.

kjay

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2011
Norridgewock Maine
Thanks everyone, I feel great so I am hoping it was a one off. I will have my Blood Pressure taken again soon. I don't seem to be chain vaping now like I did in the beginning but I certainly don't feel like a cigarette so I am really amazed that this has worked for me as I tried everthing under the sun to stop over the years.
I love the freedom of vaping and it's brought a new lease of life for me.

Me too!!!! I never want to stop feeling like this! Keep going. I read one of your earlier responses that it could be higher because of anxiety...that makes real sense to me. Keep vaping! Even if the doctor told me I had high blood pressure from vaping id say ok lets treat that because nothing is more risky than the 4000 chemicals I just gave up!

Vape on! Enjoy!:vapor:

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Thanks kjay, Well done for giving up as well. I feel the same and can see myself Vaping for a very long time. I am enjoying the journey of trying different juices and finding the right equipment. I have spent heaps of money on different kits but to me it's so worth it.

You can't put a price on your health. :)

Stressing about the visit to the doctor, still being in withdraw from the other chemicals in cigarettes, a frustrating drive to the doc's office all that could have thrown off your blood pressure.

I have "white coat syndrome". My blood pressure is higher just from being in a doctors office. If my mom takes it at her house it's a lot lower. I can tell my BP is lower since I started vaping, my heart doesnt race after smoking a cig. I'm kinda looking forward to having it taken again to see if I'm right. I doubt its vaping, even with the nic. So many factors can effect our BP. Id look at everything and adjust whatever necessary.

I'm the opposite of that. When the cuff goes on I relax. Think mostly becuase I associate it with giving blood.

So many things can effect blood pressure. Salt in your diet, a stressful drive to the doc, ...... co-workers, bad day, nicotine, how much coffee/tea/soda someone has had.

If you have one of those automatic blood pressure readers fun thing to do is to take a reading 5 minutes apart. Think of your "happy place" and see what the reading is. Come back five minutes later and start thinking about work or other stressing factor and see how much higher it is.

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
I just bought a home blood pressure kit so I will do some tests and see what happens anyway I feel great so I won't be stopping vaping.
You can't put a price on your health. :)

Stressing about the visit to the doctor, still being in withdraw from the other chemicals in cigarettes, a frustrating drive to the doc's office all that could have thrown off your blood pressure.

I'm the opposite of that. When the cuff goes on I relax. Think mostly becuase I associate it with giving blood.

So many things can effect blood pressure. Salt in your diet, a stressful drive to the doc, ...... co-workers, bad day, nicotine, how much coffee/tea/soda someone has had.

If you have one of those automatic blood pressure readers fun thing to do is to take a reading 5 minutes apart. Think of your "happy place" and see what the reading is. Come back five minutes later and start thinking about work or other stressing factor and see how much higher it is.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I have not found nicotine to raise my blood pressure significantly and I have had open heart surgery, had part of my lung removed,had more surgeries than I can count and have serious vascular issues and many other health problems.
You should probably take your BP readings over a couple of weeks to get a good baseline reading so you can be more informed about it and if vaping affects you or your BP in any manner. I'm sure as others have already said that you are getting far less nicotine than when you were smoking. Even if you doctor doesn't like it or is uninformed about vaping stick to your "guns" about vaping with him/her and don't let their opinion sway you from vaping.
I tell my doctors I vape and I usually vape in front of them in their offices.
Most of my doctors are well informed about vaping thanks to me, CASAA and NVC!
With the exception of one {the vascular surgeon} all have been on board with my vaping and they've noticed a huge improvement in my overall health. I have low BP and it has not raised my BP at all and I'm a two fisted 24 mg vaper!
Good luck and I hope it's nothing serious just a bit of anxiety!
C.B.

Last edited:

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
That is sooo comforting, thank you. I have also had a heart attack 10 years ago so my Doctor is always causious but I feel great.
I have not found nicotine to raise my blood pressure significantly and I have had open heart surgery, had part of my lung removed,had more surgeries than I can count and have serious vascular issues and many other health problems.
You should probably take your BP readings over a couple of weeks to get a good baseline reading so you can be more informed about it and if vaping affects you or your BP in any manner. I'm sure as others have already said that you are getting far less nicotine than when you were smoking. Even if you doctor doesn't like it or is uninformed about vaping stick to your "guns" about vaping with him/her and don't let their opinion sway you from vaping.
I tell my doctors I vape and I usually vape in front of them in their offices.
Most of my doctors are well informed about vaping thanks to me, CASAA and NVC!
With the exception of one {the vascular surgeon} all have been on board with my vaping and they've noticed a huge improvement in my overall health. I have low BP and it has not raised my BP at all and I'm a two fisted 24 mg vaper!
Good luck and I hope it's nothing serious just a bit of anxiety!
C.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread