Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
sourcemore sent me the vaping Bogan X Dovpo Blotto Single Coil rta for the purpose of this review.

in box.JPG

I really liked the specs on this and was looking forward to taking it for a spin.

In the box you get:

• 1 Blotto Single Coil RTA

• 1 Glass Bubble tube

• 1 PCTG Bubble tube

• 1 Accessory Bag

• 1 User Manual

• 1 Bottle Opener

stuff you get.JPG

You can use the top hole of the skull bottle opener as a coil leg cutting guide.

What I like: It’s 23.5mm wide with the straight glass. I don’t mind the 2.8ml capacity if I need a slightly smaller RTA. It’s 5ml with the bubble glass, but using the bubble glass to have more capacity is going to be a turn-off for some.

It’s nice looking and well made. The finish and threads are great.

The deck. It’s like a half-pipe, and the coil is totally wrapped in air flow.

IMG_0099.jpg

I like those big flat screw heads. Easy for my old eyes to see.

What I don’t like: Despite the extreme texture, I cannot get the air to adjust unless I take it off the mod. Also, I find it just a bit too restricted.

It’s fussy. Normally I can get any RTA to vape at least alright on the first or second try, sometimes I can coil and wick them exactly how I like the first time. I just can’t seem to get a decent vape out of this thing. And it’s all about the wick. The wick holes are too small and too far from the deck. It’s been far too frustrating trying to get just the right amount of cotton through the holes and just touching the deck.

IMG_0101.jpg

Would I wish it into a cornfield? No. It’s not terrible, I’d give it about a 7 out of 10. I’ll keep goofing with it, as I’m thinking it might perform better with a smaller coil wire, more on the MTL side. And I look forward to trying out other versions of this RTA.

Thanks, Sourcemore, for the opportunity to review the Blotto Single Coil RTA.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Sourcemore sent me the Vaping Bogan X Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA for the purpose of this review.

View attachment 966255

I really liked the specs on this and was looking forward to taking it for a spin.

In the box you get:

• 1 Blotto Single Coil RTA

• 1 Glass Bubble tube

• 1 PCTG Bubble tube

• 1 Accessory Bag

• 1 User Manual

• 1 Bottle Opener

View attachment 966257

You can use the top hole of the skull bottle opener as a coil leg cutting guide.

What I like: It’s 23.5mm wide with the straight glass. I don’t mind the 2.8ml capacity if I need a slightly smaller RTA. It’s 5ml with the bubble glass, but using the bubble glass to have more capacity is going to be a turn-off for some.

It’s nice looking and well made. The finish and threads are great.

The deck. It’s like a half-pipe, and the coil is totally wrapped in air flow.

View attachment 966259

I like those big flat screw heads. Easy for my old eyes to see.

What I don’t like: Despite the extreme texture, I cannot get the air to adjust unless I take it off the mod. Also, I find it just a bit too restricted.

It’s fussy. Normally I can get any RTA to vape at least alright on the first or second try, sometimes I can coil and wick them exactly how I like the first time. I just can’t seem to get a decent vape out of this thing. And it’s all about the wick. The wick holes are too small and too far from the deck. It’s been far too frustrating trying to get just the right amount of cotton through the holes and just touching the deck.

View attachment 966261
Would I wish it into a cornfield? No. It’s not terrible, I’d give it about a 7 out of 10. I’ll keep goofing with it, as I’m thinking it might perform better with a smaller coil wire, more on the MTL side. And I look forward to trying out other versions of this RTA.

Thanks, Sourcemore, for the opportunity to review the Blotto Single Coil RTA.
Great review. Love the honesty and I had some of the same problems as you. I did find that I liked it better with a 2.5mm diameter coil than a 3.. I do not have problems with the wicking. But changing the A/F?? OMG. I too have to remove it from the mod to change it. Makes me want to leave it where it is at rather than fine tuning it and truth be told it is a little airier than I care for. But not taking it off the mod yet again to wrestle with it. @DOVPO are you listening?

Reactions: DeloresRose

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Great review. Love the honesty and I had some of the same problems as you. I did find that I liked it better with a 2.5mm diameter coil than a 3.. I do not have problems with the wicking. But changing the A/F?? OMG. I too have to remove it from the mod to change it. Makes me want to leave it where it is at rather than fine tuning it and truth be told it is a little airier than I care for. But not taking it off the mod yet again to wrestle with it. @DOVPO are you listening?

I guess I am just surprised it’s not amazing. It’s impossible to not center the coil well, wrapped in air, lots of nice small air holes. Small chamber. It should be great. And the texture on the af, it should be easy to spin the ring. I do not have any leaking or flooding - which I would expect if I really did a bad job wicking. No matter what I do I can’t get it to perform like I think it should.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I guess I am just surprised it’s not amazing. It’s impossible to not center the coil well, wrapped in air, lots of nice small air holes. Small chamber. It should be great. And the texture on the af, it should be easy to spin the ring. I do not have any leaking or flooding - which I would expect if I really did a bad job wicking. No matter what I do I can’t get it to perform like I think it should.

I think the airflow might be too restrictive for some. I got the two new ones the other day and am surprised even the Max doesn’t have a ton of airflow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread