Vaping difference between standard, LR and HR atty? Do you use different types for different juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Analog

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
USA
I have an eGo and am using Boge LR cartos. A dark coffee juice left black grit in one and I'm thinking the atty was too hot for that particular juice and burnt something in it. Yes?

I have a pizza juice that was sweet-tomatoey and balanced in a standard atty, but was too spicy in an LR.

What's the main attributes or reasons why one would choose one type of atty over another?

Thanks!

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
What's the main attributes or reasons why one would choose one type of atty over another?

You pretty much nailed why choose one type over another - different juices have different needs to bring out the best in them.

My daily vape is menthol, and I want it *strong* flavored. I use a CE2 ceramic carto measured at 2.2 ohms, and it's perfect. Take the same juice, same battery, and put it in one of the Magma Clearomizers I just bought, measured at 3.1 ohm, and it's pathetic. The only real difference is the rating of the element in the carto. The higher heat of the LR element brings out the flavor and vapor in a way the higher resistance element doesn't. Flip that around, and when I'm in the mood for my Raspberry Truffle, I want that lower heat and higher resistance, so I drip using a standard atomizer and a drip tip. Not too much heat, or it'll wipe out the delicate flavor I'm after.

However, because I hate mixing and matching atomizers/cartomizers, and I want those clearomizers to work - that's why I bought the things - I'm going with a variable voltage mod. I see it as the solution for me, but YMMV.

ETA: I'm also currently using an eGo, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread