Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
This has probably already been discussed, but those of us who love vaping Natural Tobacco flavors are well aware of the residue, or "Gunk", tobacco leaves behind on coils and wicks.
Pods and Drop-In Coils are probably not the best equipment as replacing equipment every 8ml to 10ml could get expensive. Rebuildable atomizers and tanks are preferred. This requires making one's own coils.
I personally use REOS Mods Grand mods (no longer in business) and Vapefly Galaxies RDTA atomizers.
The REOS Grand is easy to maintain. Remove the door and onboard bottle, wash in hot water and wait 15 minutes. The Vapefly Galaxies are a little more complicated, but not much. I usually seperate it into three parts - hood, build deck and tank. Soak in 91% Isopropyl Alcohol for maybe five to ten minutes, rinse in hot water and clean/dry with Q-tips. The coils are often dry burned, until they rust, but eventually replaced. The wicks are replaced every time, which is maybe twice a week.
Clean vaping Equipment makes our love for NET flavors enjoyable. But the gear needs to be maintained.
So, what vaping Equipment do you use, and how do you maintain your gear ?
Maybe this will help newcomers to the NET community.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I use temperature control (TC) so it's possible my experience is different than those who do not use TC. I set mine at 420 degrees (F). I believe I get less gunk using TC but certainly not by much (and is not the reason why I use TC). I make my coils with SS. I don't worry about rust because SS coils in TC are a bit sensitive so if you drop or punt your mod there's a good chance you will have to change your coil so they're not around long enough to rust (not to mention they're SS). I do simple dry burns. Whisk it away and rewick. I use Kayfun atties...specifically the K19 the last 2-1/2 years. I concluded years ago that gunk is what you get with NETs so either throw a tantrum and quit vaping NETs or just deal with it. I chose the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread