Vaping Flavorless 100% VG in an Innokin Crios

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoreyB147

Aug 14, 2018
Hi there,

I've just ordered some 100% VG 18mg flavorless liquid and I plan to vape it without mixing it with another liquid for health benefits and peace of mind. I've heard that 100% VG can clog up coils, would my innokin Crios be able to handle 100% VG flavorless? Also I'm wondering if 100% PG flavorless or a 50/50 flavorless liquid would be safer than using 100% VG?

Reactions: stols001

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Well it should handle 100vg Imo, but it also depends on how you vape it...I use mtl rtas and have used 100vg with no issues, but if I were to chain vape it like no tomorrow, it probably wouldn't keep up . So if your vaping kind of normal , I think your good, but if you chain vape her with 5 or so straight hard pulls in a row, she won't keep up as good as a lower vg juice...also you will go through coils quicker with 100vg, so I personally think you would be better off with a 70 or 80 vg instead. There is no evidence that vg is safer then pg at this time, so I don't think you should base any of this on that assumption.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think that depends who you ask. I don't know that VG vs. PG if one is considered more unsafe than another. I am PG sensitive, and for a while I used pretty close to max VG in all my setups.

The biggest issue may be the possibility of overheating, if you are concerned about that you can add up to 10% Distilled water to both thin the vape (which may help with coil longevity) but will also reduce the boiling point of the vape considerably.

I honestly don't know if 50/50 would be better or not, but it would certainly perhaps also extend coil life an PG has a lower boiling point than VG, so it would also have a good effect on tank temperatures.

If you are using TC vaping, I still might be inclined to thin the liquid some but I honestly couldn't say which is necessarily "safer" exactly.

Anna

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
To add to what Anna posted...

I am PG sensitive and vape primarily DIY unflavored juice; 90% VG & 10% DW @ 8mg. I started adding DW for 2 reasons; to help combat the hydroscopic properties of VG (less dry-mouth) and to ensure proper feeding in all my devices. This e-liquid chain-vapes great, with no leaking in everything I own, from EVODS & ProTanks to Kayfuns & LEMOs to Aromamizers & RDAs. When I do add a flavoring, it also seems to carry said flavor a bit better than 100% VG. Vaping unflavored in a LEMO 2, for example, I'll go 5-6 weeks (200ish ml) before coil build-up is noticeable. After a dry-burn and new wick, I'm back to where I started. I'm sorry. I don't have a good sense of longevity with pre-built coil heads.

Adding 10% DW to your 18mg base would drop it to almost 16mg; 5% to just over 17mg.

Good luck!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
My experience is that the lower the ohms, the higher the vg it can handle. I use somewhere around 50/50 with my 1.6 drop ins. 75% vg for my sub ohms and most of my RTAs, max vg for one particular RTA.

That said, I’m not familiar with your tank, so I’d say try it. You’ll know if it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread