Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Hey gang,

I know this topic has been covered and there are many different youtube reviews online but can someone help me cut to the chase.

i have gotten some good feedback in other threads.

For years n years ive had a reo and they are awesome !!!! But i am venturing into a different device that caught my eye and price is right- i know nothing about carto tanks or whatever the name is i just hear k fun, vivi nova, i clear and all these others

In the past with my reo i used cartomizers on my reo and now i am strictly using a rebuildable atomizer on top of my reo to save money and have a great vape.

Im doubtful anything will top that but i still would like to venture into the tank world for this new device that doesn't have a juice feeder built in.

I know its personal preference but there has be like a top 3 or something:

What i would be looking for of course would be: performance, taste. decent throat hit, capacity (at absolute very least hold 2.5 ml), ease of use, and possibility of either buying cheap replacement heads or ability to make the coils)

I would be looking for 2 kinds : one would be the absolute best in all categories with ease of use being not that important to me - the at home vape -

The second tank would be one where ease of use is the most important thing where i can just grab the tank or whatever its called fill it with ejuice and go, keeping some estra e juice on me all i would need to do on the go is refill it

I am going insane between all the models and types. I still dont understand the differences- ive seen one where its a tank with a cartomizer in the middle with drilled out holes on it and ive seen ones where it looks like 8 pieces of silica rope are wrapped in it somehow -

Again i realize all personal choice : what are the top 3 or what systems would filk me teo distinct yet opposite needs mentioned above

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Cartotanks, imo, are the best to compliment a Reo! I only use ones made by IBTanked, with either boge or smoketek cartos (I haven't yet been able to get any Ikenvape cartos). Prime the carto, fill the tank, and go for weeks with just a refill as needed. Mine never leak, flood, and travel by air well! Flavor and vapor are better than any clearos I have.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been vaping for over a year and a half. My preferred setup is an IBTanked pyrex tank with Ikenvape cartomizers. (Smoktech single coil cartos when I can't get IKV). Decidedly better flavor production and consistancy over any clearomizer or clearotank.

IBTanked custom builds their tanks in four diameters of your choice: 15, 19, 22, and 25 mm.

Three tank lengths: halfling, standard, and extra long.

IBTanked review

Baditude's Cartotank Tutorial

TinyTank.jpg MVP_IBTanked.jpg

Last edited:

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
On my reos i used the rba atomizer - i dont need a tank for them - i looove them

Loved them so much that i stayed away from forums for 3 years - basically cause i ...... away thousands before the reos on junk in the infancy of e smoking

But i came back to the rooms recently and i bought an itaste just to mix things up. The Price was cheap - i think it reads your resistance of your rba which is perfect for my rba builds on reo (can test their reading on itaste before i attach to reo for safety) and also it has the 2600mah output port to charge cellphones in emergencies so i said what the heck and got one - its in the majl .

So i would need a tank on that device - the itaste 2

Thanks to those who responded so far!! I will check out those suggestions !!!!

Any tanks to definitely stay away from ?

Does anyone use an rta ? I guess a rebuildable tank atty ?

Anyways a few more suggestions would be great. -

Thx again for the input so far with the additional info i added if anyone can add to the tank list that would be great - i guess it comes with an iclear30-

Gracias

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
I think gerry and ab on right track - the clearomizer that came with the kit is horrible -

I think i sticking with my reo's i have - cant beat the vape on an rba with cotton with 6ml of juice at hand just be squeezing

The itaste is cool though - i torn about selling it as it has an ohm reader on it for testing my rba, and a buikt in back up battery for my phone, and you get a vv vw device with super easy controls for free practically when factor in costs of other items - if i sell to friend i will definitely have to buy a 20 dollar ohm reader as i am making coils for my rba and the itaste was my first ohm reader -

Not sure i ready for the frustration of tanks - i feel like i gonna have to keep buying some and buying some etc until i find the vaping nirvana.

My rba and reo vape amazing and with 6 ml at your disposal its tough to beat in my opinion - i think its the case of i have a great wife at home (my 2 reos) and the shiny new girlfriend (itaste or any device that doesnt have a built in juice feeding system) that is new looks very appealing but when push comes to shove i have a great wife :)

I dont know - ill continue to explore - that is half the fun - damn i wish there was a brick n mortar near me to try some different devices or tank/atty systems but i dont - oh well

Thanks so much for the input -

Im worried about the poster who likes the clearomizers ! Very concerned about you ! Lol

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I've tried a good many clearomizers (the ones with wicks) and the best one in my book was the iClear30S (not to be confused with the iClear30). I haven't used any carto-tanks until recently but the first one I used works at least as good as the iClear30S. I believe I'm getting more of the nuances out of my flavors with a carto too. The selling points for me happened to be the varying sizes of cartos/tanks, ease of use, low maintenance and the non-proprietary nature of matching a tank with a carto. Now, if I can just find a carto like a friend of mine had. Instead of tiny little holes punched in them it had two oval shaped slits cut vertically on each side. Looked like a good carto for a VG user like myself. But, so far I haven't had any problem with the two little holes either.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I've tried a good many clearomizers (the ones with wicks) and the best one in my book was the iClear30S (not to be confused with the iClear30). I haven't used any carto-tanks until recently but the first one I used works at least as good as the iClear30S. I believe I'm getting more of the nuances out of my flavors with a carto too. The selling points for me happened to be the varying sizes of cartos/tanks, ease of use, low maintenance and the non-proprietary nature of matching a tank with a carto. Now, if I can just find a carto like a friend of mine had. Instead of tiny little holes punched in them it had two oval shaped slits cut vertically on each side. Looked like a good carto for a VG user like myself. But, so far I haven't had any problem with the two little holes either.

I use the slotted cartos (instead of punched) myself. Sure Vapes - Electronic Cigarettes You're welcome :)

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
I habe only tried the i30 that came with the i taste - a few people have told me the i30s is good - i sold the itaste within a week of being it just last week - couldnt get the clearomizer to work properly and was frankly lost on all these tank options. I do live regular cartomizers so i guess all i need to find is a tank that fits it easily? And a vendor that makes the right size holes or slits ???

I dont know - i have a reo grande, a reo vv, and i traded the itaste for a broken reo grande so thats all i own to my name. Must have thrown out thousands of dollars of ecigs and pbs throughout the years. The reo and rba cant be beat in my mind. 10ml of juice the grande has i believe. All i do is make a coil wick some cotton and have 10ml of juice at disposal. Great vape too. Always looking to try new devices and systems as the fun and joy is in the jojrney but ive yet to find something and i cant stand ckearomizers so i guess my only option is a carto with holes or slits and a tank around it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread