Vaping Hacked Scare Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bworms1980

Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
orlando
Not sure where to put this post.

I searched around but I haven't seen this posted on ECF. Did anyone else see this anti-vaping commercial? Took me a while to even figure out what I was watching, but apparently, vaping allows nicotine to hack our brains.

If they wanted me to be scared of vaping, they failed, but they did succeed in creeping me out with those USB mouth <shiver>.

Real Cost Commercial: Hacked

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Teens don't need to be smoking or vaping. Outside of that there's no reason to trash a product that's enabled many millions to quit smoking. It's so much safer than smoking that I see no need to quit vaping. Even my doctor agrees that it's virtually harmless, especially if it keeps me off cigarettes.

My brain is trained to puff. Vaping satisfies that and the hand to mouth habit. I gained no weight by quitting cigarettes using ecigs. Prior to vaping I once gained about 20 pounds quitting cold turkey.

Bworms1980

Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
orlando
I agree. I only smoked for 5 years, but I got a 24/7 smokers cough within 3 years. I coughed all day and all night. My chest was always congested and I could barely breath. All that vanished when I started vaping. My husband turned to me one night and said how happy he was with the vaping, because I stopped coughing all night. He's a light sleeper so he heard the nightly hacking. Plus I vape 0mg nicotine if available and 1.5 to 3mg if its not, so I guess the vape hack failed.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man, I love these tobacco funded ads, (now vape) they always made me want to vape or smoke immediately! Either they're all buzzy and filled with flashing neon lights and exciting pictures while talking about the bad stuff, or they're just nuts like the one that wanted to convince me that all pets would die of second hand smoke, oh except I didn't smoke in the house, LOL. That one got me puffing away, for sure.

This one is creepy too, mainly for the whole mouth thing and the idea of my brain being "hacked" although sometimes I feel my brain could use a good hack, or at least a cheat code. Made me pick up my vape immediately.

My brother is thoroughly convinced, as many of these ads were done with blood money from the tobacco companies, that they actually have subliminal messages to get you to smoke... Like the ones with the ppl talking out of their voice box tube... That one made me think, "Shoot, better smoke a pack like, RIGHT now, before that happens to me...."

There is no negative advertising, the kids might be intrigued by this one.... It sure sounds spooky, that nic hack, doesn't it????

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not sure where to put this post.

I searched around but I haven't seen this posted on ECF. Did anyone else see this anti-vaping commercial? Took me a while to even figure out what I was watching, but apparently, vaping allows nicotine to hack our brains.

If they wanted me to be scared of vaping, they failed, but they did succeed in creeping me out with those USB mouth <shiver>.

Real Cost Commercial: Hacked

Your Tax Dollars hard at work...

The Real Cost

About Us | Why We're Here | The Real Cost

LOL

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*