Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I find the lack of a sunroof disturbing.

Seriously. I own one car without a sunroof and the fact that it doesn't have it annoys me like the lack of vent windows did when those went away.

I never understood the appeal of a sunroof, I always looked at them as one more thing to go wrong. My wife enjoys hers though.

Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I never understood the appeal of a sunroof, I always looked at them as one more thing to go wrong. My wife enjoys hers though.
Unlike a partly open window, it does a pretty good job of pulling vapor (or smoke) out of the car without undue noise levels or water ingress when it's raining.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

Seriously. I own one car without a sunroof and the fact that it doesn't have it annoys me like the lack of vent windows did when those went away.

But was that enough to make you buy a 1992 Yugo?
upload_2019-1-22_0-46-5.png

I know what you mean, though - I kind of miss those vent windows!

Reactions: scott58

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
I only use a leather which is like a shammy in the states along with auto glass cleaner from my auto part store. It has no alcohol, bad detergents nor ammonia in it. I have tint on my windows plus a huge pile of electronics that I know rely on optic eyes of sort to guide the vehicle that don't need to be damaged.

Now on my bike, zero issues with vaping, but I use another cleaner or just water for the windshield (whatever that stuff is for airplane windows). I'm sure that's about as harmless as well and could "possibly" be used in a car. Not sure though, is rather expensive for the amount you get. :)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

I haven’t been the same since they did away with ‘wings’. All the great tech they put in cars today, and yet they refuse to give us vent windows.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
SOME cars (I am talking to YOU new VW bug, seem specifically designed to vent things BACK INWARD into the car.

That was the worst SMOKING car of all freaking time. I can't tell you the number of times I have had to make the choice, "Swerve to the side of the road at 7 5 miles per hour, or like, just LEAN back into my seat, to extinguish the cigarette often at the expense of my clothing/skin.

Cuz number 2 was the safest choice quite often.

It DOES sort of put vaping film into perspective honestly. If I had kept that car I might've quit sooner, but instead I deliberately drove it into a wash I was NOT sure it could handle and fried the electrical system... Which led me to my current, Awesome like Mazda 3.

Also I often vape with NO windows open on the drive to Sierra Vista and back, it interferes with my blasting and singing of songs QUITE often, so I'm swabbing it down with DAWN then windex it works quite fine and is a worthy trade off.

But yeah, I'd love vent windows I wonder if they can be custom installed?

Anna

Reactions: smacuser

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I use Stoner's Invisible Glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth. That works well for me. Not too much effort.

On item that helped me (decrease the frquency/ amount of buildup) was to keep a sock of kitty litter silica in the car. That helped suck up some of that moisture from my vape.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
I was just going to say that I keep baking soda in my car in a small covered glass dish with a few wraps of saran wrap with some holes poked in it. I change it weekly. Kitty litter is a good idea too. I also use Safelite auto glass cleaner. That stuff works really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread