Vaping in Japan ain't easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandus

Jun 17, 2012
Saitama, Japan
Long time lurker here.
I got into vaping about a year and a half ago with the Ego-T. It worked well enough to get me mostly off analogs. However, after moving to Japan about a year ago I'm back to smoking. The main reason is the lack of vaping supplies + the still smoker friendly attitude here. vaping is legal, but controlled (no nic in juice sold here and limits on imports). I've used up the last of my stockpile from the states. I had about $300 worth of vaping stuff shipped to a friend in the US. Maxi Roughstack kit, tanks, 400ml of juice and about 45 assorted cartos. My friend is willing to ship it to me, but I'm really paranoid about the package not making it through customs due to the liquid or li-ion batteries.
Any advice from vapers in Japan or people in other restrictive countries?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Sorry to hear about the difficulties, did a search and found this site Contact-A professional electronic cigarette manufacturer
I believe its in china, but they are shipping to Japan like crazy because of the the taxes. E-cigs are in very high demand in Japan as Im sure you are very well aware of. Seems to me that with Japan being such large consumers of tobacco/cigarettes that they would have in stock everywhere. I remember in the 80 I worked with a lot of Japanese people and they adored smoking, one of my favorite cigs was a brand called Sevens? great smokes they would get them for me all the time till the american market caught on. I will keep on checking and see if I can help you in your quest for something you can acquire more easily.

http://www.japantrends.com/smoking-stand-in-the-mist-smoke-cigarette/

Last edited:

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't live in Japan, but I intend to go eventually. I've read up a lot on the situation, and I've come across this site in Japanese (if you can read it?) They are selling liquid with nicotine
http://aw-7.com/products/list.php?category_id=463
In truth even they are actually shipping it from China, and they only ship 90 ml's at a time, but the fact that it's written in Japanese shows that it's obviously OK to ship it. And now you are so much closer to China, so you won't have to wait so long for shipping from sites like Health Cabin, etc., so in some ways it can even be a win for being in Japan.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Watch the language, or clean up your presentation.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
** Edited for content **

Excellent!!!

But I think they are in reality totally down with vaping as well. It seems to be just an issue with the fact that nicotine was classified as a medicine and therefore retailers can't openly sell it without a license. As in it seems that's just the way the law already was, not that it's an attempt to crack down or anything, like it seems to be in a lot of these western countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Long time lurker here.
I got into vaping about a year and a half ago with the Ego-T. It worked well enough to get me mostly off analogs. However, after moving to Japan about a year ago I'm back to smoking. The main reason is the lack of vaping supplies + the still smoker friendly attitude here. Vaping is legal, but controlled (no nic in juice sold here and limits on imports). I've used up the last of my stockpile from the states. I had about $300 worth of vaping stuff shipped to a friend in the US. Maxi Roughstack kit, tanks, 400ml of juice and about 45 assorted cartos. My friend is willing to ship it to me, but I'm really paranoid about the package not making it through customs due to the liquid or li-ion batteries.
Any advice from vapers in Japan or people in other restrictive countries?

Hey Pandus, Welcome to the ECF!
You poor thing lol... all lost in the wilds in Japan. BTW, you can import ANY vape supplies into Japan including ejuice by the litre. I have about 3 vape mails arriving a week and I have enough supplies to fill a cupboard! I vape everywhere in public and there are several online vendors here that sell hardware and ejuice. Even Totally Wicked has an online shop here. Come on over to the Japan Forum ASAP lol!!!

I'm in East Tokyo very near Misato (Saitama). You are not alone :).

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
  • Deleted by Dusty_D

Pandus

Jun 17, 2012
Saitama, Japan
Hey Pandus, Welcome to the ECF!
You poor thing lol... all lost in the wilds in Japan. BTW, you can import ANY vape supplies into Japan including ejuice by the litre. I have about 3 vape mails arriving a week and I have enough supplies to fill a cupboard! I vape everywhere in public and there are several online vendors here that sell hardware and ejuice. Even Totally Wicked has an online shop here. Come on over to the Japan Forum ASAP lol!!!

I'm in East Tokyo very near Misato (Saitama). You are not alone :).

Wow, I'm in Soka! よろしく! I was getting a bit nervous about my big order I have coming from the states. From what I have been reading online I was lead to believe that imports were limited to a 1 month supply at a time. It's good to hear that things aren't as crazy as I thought. Have you ever had any issues with large orders or Li-ion batteries? Do you order at all from Japanese sites? They seem a bit pricey.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Wow, I'm in Soka! よろしく! I was getting a bit nervous about my big order I have coming from the states. From what I have been reading online I was lead to believe that imports were limited to a 1 month supply at a time. It's good to hear that things aren't as crazy as I thought. Have you ever had any issues with large orders or Li-ion batteries? Do you order at all from Japanese sites? They seem a bit pricey.
Nope all my goodies are imported. I get a LOT of vapemail and buy heaps from eBay and other shopping. I have never ever had a problem. On very rare occassions some of my mail has been opened, but just sealed again with stickers informing me that it has been inspected. Really, no need to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread