Vaping in public. What is the Reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
If outside, do not care unless I'm in a very crowded area.
Inside? Ask first and if I'm given the ok, considerate of those around me. This means, for me, little vapor or no vapor depending on the place.

Edit to add: At my age, I don't really pay attention to what others are thinking of me. When I first started vaping , I admit to a bit of insecurity and what others percieved. Notsomuch anymore. I guess I feel more comfortable with what I'm doing for myself. ;)

Last edited:

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
If outside, do not care unless I'm in a very crowded area.
Inside? Ask first and if I'm given the ok, considerate of those around me. This means, for me, little vapor or no vapor depending on the place.

nice outlook, I personally try to hold it in if there are any mothers or children around me, it may or may not harm them but I think that if we can show people we are responsible and respectful people then maybe they will be more inclined to be interested in it.

Goodyaz

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
St Pete, Fl
Has anyone turned a smoker or introduced one to vaping?
I go outside to vape a lot for this very reason. Converse with the smokers (known them for a long time) and try to convert them. I have some different looking devices from the normal joy-tech ego stuff so I am always asked about them. I have handed out ego batteries and tanks to a couple of people also. I have converted a few even when I was a on off smoker. The smokers outside went from a dozen down to 3 or 4 in the past year. I believe a good dead has been done.

dragonflie

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
I go outside to vape a lot for this very reason. Converse with the smokers (known them for a long time) and try to convert them. I have some different looking devices from the normal joy-tech ego stuff so I am always asked about them. I have handed out ego batteries and tanks to a couple of people also. I have converted a few even when I was a on off smoker. The smokers outside went from a dozen down to 3 or 4 in the past year. I believe a good dead has been done.
That's awesome :)

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I've converted 2 or 3 people that I know of, but I've gotten questions in public nearly any time I hang around for long enough.

I drip 99% of the time, and my setup is naturally rather cloudy, but in public I try to inhale a bit longer to prevent the amount of vapor that I exhale. On occasion, particularly if someone mentions "wow that e-cig has a lot of vapor, most i see don't have any at all," I'll blow a huge cloud. If I ever notice (due to wind, usually) that my vapor is blowing in someone's direction, even if they're a smoker having a cigarette, I'll apologize and offer to move downwind of them. I've never had anyone complain about the vapor, but I have had a few people say, "that smells really good, what flavor is that supposed to be?"

Last time I went to Vegas with my dad, there were multiple occasions where I'd accidentally blow a rather large cloud of vapor his way. He used to have to deal with the same thing only with my cigarettes/occasional black n milds, and he MUCH prefers the vapor over the smoke. He's interested in the flavors, and mentioned the other day that his doctor quit smoking/started vaping and was talking to him about it.

JHDublin

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Ireland
few people in the office got interested after I started and starting vaping themselves, couple of people in the local pub as well, I get lots of questions when out and about and it has been pretty much 100% so far, using an Evic Surpreme now and used a Tesla VW before so obviously the size of the device would catch peoples attention but also that amount of vape compared to what they are used to see gets attention, even more so from people who are fairly new to it

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
I get a lot of people wondering what it is and how it works, but one time I was at the Fair after my shift working in the parking lot and as I was walking through with some friends I was vaping, I exhaled and a woman walking by cringed and tried to cover her face. I wanted to run after her and tell her it was just water vapor, but I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread