Vaping in the bathroom...similar experience anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

stara03

Jul 21, 2018
So just wanted to share something with some friendly folks who might have had similar experiences...

As I walked out of the bathroom at work yesterday, one of my co-workers went in after me. Later she comes to me to tell me, or ask me, what the smell was in the bathroom earlier (ummm my grape e juice...). I played dumb. She went on to tell me that ever since she went in the bathroom after me earlier, her whole body was freaking out.

Is this possible? I don’t believe there was any visible vapor left in the bathroom but my juice must left a lingering smell (of which I was unaware). Very awkward and not sure what to make of it...

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The only time I got that was in the hospital when the nurse walked into the bathroom after my obviously stealthily vape to ask me what great air freshener I used. I had to make up some story about a designer freshener my daughter bought me which is why I can't remember the name of it at the moment. A real weak reply, but I was sick and it was the best I could come up with.

After that the staff would occasionally comment how nice it smelled coming into the room and how they were suddenly in the mood for a sticky bun for lunch.

• Winner
Reactions: B2L and Susaz

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The only time I got that was in the hospital when the nurse walked into the bathroom after my obviously stealthily vape to ask me what great air freshener I used. I had to make up some story about a designer freshener my daughter bought me which is why I can't remember the name of it at the moment. A real weak reply, but I was sick and it was the best I could come up with.

After that the staff would occasionally comment how nice it smelled coming into the room and how they were suddenly in the mood for a sticky bun for lunch.
It's very strange. In my last hospital visit I did take my vape with me but never felt the need to vape. VERY strange, I'm vaping or smoking all day long.
One day I stayed overnight at the ER in a private room and I did vape, and when the nurse came in the next day and she remarked "it's a little foggy in here". I used the setup in my avatar back then, so would be nothing compared to what we use today!

stara03

Jul 21, 2018
whole body freaked out? what does that even entail? is this one of those drama queen things?

Thank you all for the responses.

YES she is a drama queen. A physical/medical drama queen. She’s often got something wrong with her physically that seems to garner a lot of attention..
Oh and she is gluten free. (That came up in another response...)

stara03

Jul 21, 2018
I've never considered vaping in a bathroom at work, I assumed that would be common sense. Are people allowed to smoke in the bathroom?

You have a point. Since I can’t actially leave during the work day I didn’t think it would be a big deal. Honestly I thought as long as I was discreet (not having clouds of vapor pouring out of the bathroom lol) no one would be any the wiser. I am new to vaping (and loving it) but learning as I go I guess.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
flavoured juice smells pretty yuck 2nd hand to some people, me included.

Total body freak out! Sounds like fun!

Vapour falls rather than rises. Maybe her ankles couldnt cope with the 6 parts in 1,000,000 2nd hand vape?

You can vape easily in the bathroom at work without anyone knowing and a few of the people I work with do. Vape flavourless and blow down at the floor. Nic fix, no residual vape stink and no billowing cloud when they walk out the door.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I live with my brother in a two story home. His bedroom is upstairs, mine is downstairs. We share a common kitchen and living room which are downstairs.

He ABSOLUTELY HATES my vaping. He doesn't smoke. He has allergies and is always sniffling or coughing. He has a very sensitive sense of smell and forbids anyone from vaping in the house. (Nearly all of my family members who don't live in our house vape.) I'm not a cloud chaser.

My favorite flavor is a desert flavor (coffee cake) which everyone but my brother seems to like the aroma it has. The other flavors I use are fruit flavors. They seem to have a subtle aroma, but my brother still complains.

I've resorted to vaping only outside when weather permits, or vaping only in my downstairs bedroom with the door closed. He tells me he can still smell my vaping. I'm considering buying an air purifier after the holidays for my bedroom.

I guess my point here is there are some people who have a very sensitive sense of smell and find vape aroma's to be repulsive. I'd be wary of stealth vaping at work if it is not allowed by your employer. Is it worth losing your job for?

You might consider looking into On! for use at work. They are pure nicotine (no tobacco) pouches that are used much like Swedish Snus. I just found out about this product recently and haven't tried them yet, but just ordered some yesterday to try.

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I've resorted to vaping only outside when weather permits, or vaping only in my downstairs bedroom with the door closed. He tells me he can still smell my vaping. I'm considering buying an air purifier after the holidays for my bedroom.

I have a hunch that if you close your door and blow out the window, and tell him you stopped vaping inside, he won't smell it anymore.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I'm not trying to encourage inappropriate public behavior. Vaping where we shouldn't doesn't really help our situation with vaping in public and the like. Not worth risking your job over either.

That said, a high strength UNFLAVORED nic juice in a low powered pod device is non-detectable if you are careful. A puff or two keeps me satisfied for a long time, and doesn't have a strong residual odor. You can even hold it in until essentially no vapor is exhaled.

Just saying...

stara03

Jul 21, 2018
Thank you for sharing your experiences! This situation was really bothering me and it helped to hear others experiences and/or thoughts. I’m not trying a to be inconsiderate in any way. I honestly thought no one would know and I never imagined a few pulls at work would directly effect someone else. One of the many awesome things in terms of vaping vs smoking was that I thought it was essentially odorless. Now I see that that’s not quite the case. I would never dream of smoking in a bathroom at work but vaping seemed like a whole different ball game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread