vaping in the E.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinear

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Florida, U.S.A.
while waiting to get some stitches last night i discreetly vaped while on the hallway gurny. let me tell you, it made waitng for the attending ER doc soooo much easier.
though i certainly wasn't trying to be conspicuous, not one aid, EMT, nurse or patient seemed to notice. of course, i'm sure they all had other things on their mind.
anyway, thought i'd share.

cheers!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
My son was in hospital a week ago - I vaped in the ER as well as in his room, I pretty much had no choice after 8:30pm at night, they locked the hospital up and I wasn't going to leave the room in case I got locked OUT!
Wildsky.....I would have been vaping in there too....without a doubt!:)The Wiz!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
while waiting to get some stitches last night i discreetly vaped while on the hallway gurny. let me tell you, it made waitng for the attending ER doc soooo much easier.
though i certainly wasn't trying to be conspicuous, not one aid, EMT, nurse or patient seemed to notice. of course, i'm sure they all had other things on their mind.
anyway, thought i'd share.

cheers!
LOL right on the gurney???Thats Awesome! Hope you get well soon good man

My son was in hospital a week ago - I vaped in the ER as well as in his room, I pretty much had no choice after 8:30pm at night, they locked the hospital up and I wasn't going to leave the room in case I got locked OUT!

Hey, it beats turning on the cold shower haha

Last edited:

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
Hmmm,....not to be rude or an a**hole, but even as an E-smoker myself. I do believe if my infant child were next to you while in the E.R. during your venture. One of us would be heading to the infirmary.

I think the term safe cigarettes has been taken out of context. I'd have to agree that it is safer than analogs. But are those around you safe from contact? No, sir. The vapor still carries nicotine, and depending on what you smoke...it's probably going to be higher than a standard cigarette.

It's enough that we have to endure airborne pathogens and bacteria in hospitals. But for me to have to worry about people vaping or smoking around my newborn is something I won't tolerate.

During societies acquired knowledge of effects from chemicals of cigarettes or cigarettes alike. Establishments made smoking and non-smoking sections for considerations to others, so they may CHOOSE what they are willing to expose themselves too. Hospitals have been taboo to smoke in and now by. Many hospitals do not permit the use of Aerosol hair spray, or anything that can be airborne for the concerns of others and allergies.

You my friend, were willing to put others at risk, for self and curiosity. Unacceptable.

Last edited:

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
Lets see a picture of you with a smoke or an e-cig in your mouth.

I personally think you're an ANTI-smoker just coming around here to cause trouble.
I can't believe I even entertained this.

Here, how's 5 in my mouth?
5e-cig.jpg

HAPPY?

tinear

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Florida, U.S.A.
Hmmm,....not to be rude or an a**hole, but even as an E-smoker myself. I do believe if my infant child were next to you while in the E.R. during your venture. One of us would be heading to the infirmary.

I think the term safe cigarettes has been taken out of context. I'd have to agree that it is safer than analogs. But are those around you safe from contact? No, sir. The vapor still carries nicotine, and depending on what you smoke...it's probably going to be higher than a standard cigarette.

It's enough that we have to endure airborne pathogens and bacteria in hospitals. But for me to have to worry about people vaping or smoking around my newborn is something I won't tolerate.

During societies acquired knowledge of effects from chemicals of cigarettes or cigarettes alike. Establishments made smoking and non-smoking sections for considerations to others, so they may CHOOSE what they are willing to expose themselves too. Hospitals have been taboo to smoke in and now by. Many hospitals do not permit the use of Aerosol hair spray, or anything that can be airborne for the concerns of others and allergies.

You my friend, were willing to put others at risk, for self and curiosity. Unacceptable.

nice rant. why do you assume i'd be rude enough, in confined quarters, to do it while next to someone, anyone, let alone a child or infant?

gosh golly, please forgive me. i'd just had my face punched in by a couple of street punks and was a little "on edge". thank you so much for your personal opinion.

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
nice rant. why do you assume i'd be rude enough, in confined quarters, to do it while next to someone, anyone, let alone a child or infant?

Hmm....let me think.....maybe because your vaping in the E.R.? I dunno, but it seems like the right assumption. Emergency room, which is used for those with emergent situations, often times critical.

gosh golly, please forgive me. i'd just had my face punched in by a couple of street punks and was a little "on edge". thank you so much for your personal opinion.
The fact that you vaped in the ER, says much about your level of courtesy.

Sorry about the street punks, being a victim is never fun.

Opinion, far from it. This is factual sir. No, emitting toxins in the air in any establishment that follow under guidelines of OSHA. I'm certain you or anyone else may nit pick at wording in this link ...which seems to be the biggest thing on here. http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/hospital/mainpage.html If your liquid did not contain nicotine, I apologize. If your liquid did in fact carry nicotine, I stand my ground. I've again, said my peace and agree to disagree. I will now leave this entire section of the forums alone.

Last edited:

tinear

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Florida, U.S.A.
as that studies suggest that the lungs retain greater than 98% of the nicotine inhaled from tobacco smoke, while i'm not qualified to say for sure i'd be willing to bet my Dura that the purer, unbound nicotine extract inhaled through vapor has an even greater efficiency, my reasoning being there are no pollutants or particulate matter for the residual free nicotine to bond to while inhaled/exhaled.
just my opinion, but your judgement upon me strikes me as somewhat prejudice.

Alexander

Apr 19, 2009
Houston, Texas
Say you are the manager in charge of research and development for a new microchip design. Your team is building a prototype of this design in a clean-room. Say I'm your boss. If you vape in there or allow your employees to do so, you're fired. What are you gonna do in your defense, tell me your opinion about the lack of danger and contamination in your action? Clearly, that won't matter to me.

tinear

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Florida, U.S.A.
i vaped in the ER while on a gurney in the hallway and no one was around. go ahead, fire me. insult me. report me. tar and feather me. run me out of the village with pitchforks and torches. nail me to a cross and send me to h3ll.

i'd do it again, 'cause that's just the kind of thoughtless, inconsiderate, rude, crude, malevolent ...... that i am.

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread