• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in the Incheon International Airport ... OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
I vape through it all the time. I wouldn't say vaping is unknown, I see people vaping (Koreans and foreigners) all the time. In fact, a year ago when I was going through Incheon one of the security guys came up to me, I was expecting to hear something since I was vaping at the time. Instead, he pulled out his box mod.

mitsuhashi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
an island
It's probably not allowed, but since you're a passing foreigner, they'll do no more than give you a warning, if that. Just feign ignorance. :)

From what I've seen, Korea's sort of been made into a vape-averse country, because, Hello? The Korean government has a monopoly on ALL cigarette imports and exports. E-liquid is taxed by the mL, and there's been quite a few articles about how vaping is legally treated the same way as smoking. Well, at least when I was there and a vaper, shady media outlets were constantly writing up articles on how e-liquid sometimes contained huge amounts of carcinogens and how they could even be more dangerous than traditional cigarettes. Regular people who have not heard the correct information from friends and family that vape really think that vaping is a big scam that's just as or even more dangerous than smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread