Vaping in the Movie Theatre

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I personally will never vape inside of a movie theater. Sure it's not real smoke and doesn't smell and all that good business, but it is still a thick vapor that you're shooting into the air that, for a moment, can block someones view of the screen with a cloud of vapor. People will think you're smoking and they'll be ....... Hope they don't get ...... enough to tell someone and get you thrown out of the theater.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I never received an official answer, but I did inquire about AMC/Regal's stance on e-cigarettes. Amy Miles, CEO- AMC/Regal, inc., has been a client of the company I worked for. As we were discussing some of the services I inquired about usage. She was unaware of e-cigs' existence. Her immediate concerns were whether the e-cigs light-up, as it would be a distraction to other guests. The other concern was the cloud. I gave her q uick FYI regarding e-cigs and hope for the best.

I have vaped in a movie theatre, although I exhaled through my nose and into my shirt. No LED, so no visual distraction. Vape on. Just be considerate.

dvk

Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
Singapore
I've tried vaping in a theater but I stopped after a few drags due to the sound of my carto.
I was, iirc, using a dual coil lr carto with a liquinator.
Its does give some popping sounds (at times) and the "draw" sound was too loud for my liking.
I didn't wanna disturb my neighbours so I stopped. Was probably a quiet moment in the movie anyway haha

A "quiet" carto would have been fine :)

K.P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
United Kingdom
I've been doing this regularly for almost 3 years. Sitting in or towards the back, obscuring the LED, holding it in an extra couple seconds and exhaling forcefully towards my lap. No problems yet. Except I think it has slightly irritated people I've been with who know exactly what I'm doing (like trying to top up a cart in the dark) and find it distracting. In the future, if I remember, I'll have a 510-T with a pen-cap over the LED so they're not bothered. The LED button on an eGo is a bit difficult to conceal in total darkness.

midficollege

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Texas
I've been having good luck vaping at the movie theaters near me.

During "Hunger Games" on the opening night in a packed theater, I only got noticed when I got a bit careless and let out a big plume of smoke without a double inhale. Even that wasn't that bad, I was just embarassed when a woman behind me said "What?!? Is he smoking something?!?", after which point I was more discreet.

This past week, I went to see "21 Jump Street" with my nephew, and specifically inquired of the person at the counter what the AMC policy on e-cigs was.

He asked his manager then stated "We don't have any official policy, but they aren't allowed [pe se. If someone gets upset, we'll kick you out".

Pretty good experience, and the movie wasn't, honestly, as terrible as I'd expected, which was an added bonus.

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I vape in the theaters here where I live. I always sit far in the back and I only vape 100% PG juice so there is not as much vapor. I don't chainvape or anything but I usually will blow the vape into my jacked or tuck my shirt over my mouth. I don't want to get vapor up near the camera box.

Me too:) Using 100% PG juice, hold for a beat on the inhale and no vapor issue. Prolly shouldn't use one of the lighted-end PV's though. They look like a beacon in the movie theatre - "Look everyone, I'm Vaping!". :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread