Vaping in the outdoors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done Deal DR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Could just be that outside the air movement is disapating the vapor subconsciously making it seem like it's not working as well. I'm not sure what technical issues, if any, could cause it but just about anything is possible.

What gear are you using? I'd have to think if you are happy with it indoors it wouldn't be the equipment having issues outdoors but who knows.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
This topic has been brought up before actually... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/121422-vaping-outside-wind.html

The only real response back then however was:
Yes, I think it is because is is a vapour and not a smoke. Vapour tends to dissipate a lot quicker than smoke in air, so you get less of a hit if there is a gale force wind in your face. The vapour you see is lesser too. Just try taking a longer slowert drag from your PV and you should get the hit/vape required.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I've noticed this. Also inside sometimes, in front of a fan or an ac vent. I had decided in my case that it's just psychological, the moving air is dispersing the exhaled vapor too quickly for me to "enjoy" it, so it feels like I'm not getting a good hit.

Also, when you open your mouth, a sideways wind can suck the vapor right out of your mouth. Just the nature of vapor.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
I've noticed this. Also inside sometimes, in front of a fan or an ac vent. I had decided in my case that it's just psychological, the moving air is dispersing the exhaled vapor too quickly for me to "enjoy" it, so it feels like I'm not getting a good hit.

Yup, that! I've turned the fan off on occasion for this reason. The equipment isn't working any differently, it's just that the visual cue of a large plume is so satisfying, I miss it when it's interrupted or otherwise dissipated, all in my head, but hey so is my addiction ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread