Vaping is becoming mainstream in my City

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawalke4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Florida, USA
Went out to a bar Saturday night, and three different people were vaping. Two were using what looked like disposables, and one a 510 type ecig. Every gas station and convenience store has big ads for blu and Njoy, and every place I asked say they sell like hot cakes. I went to a family fair that the local church was having, and a guy sitting next to me was calmly vaping a ego/tank setup. Whenever I vape in public, no one stares or is unaware, and it seems generally accepted. i live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, and there are tree B&M stores within 20 mins of me. So it seems, that vaping is becoming more popular.

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
That's awesome! I live in sort of a hick town in many ways, and it's not mainstream here yet. I imagine in any of California's more metropolitan areas, it's becoming more so. There are only two dedicated vape stores here that I know of, although several of the (ahem) smoke shops seem to carry some vaping supplies. I know that there are types that are used with that OTHER herb that people smoke, so perhaps that's what they're selling. Still, I'm seeing Blus and Njoys in the gas stations and 7-11s, and even the big drug stores are starting to stock them. So we're getting there.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Went out to a bar Saturday night, and three different people were vaping. Two were using what looked like disposables, and one a 510 type ecig. Every gas station and convenience store has big ads for blu and Njoy, and every place I asked say they sell like hot cakes. I went to a family fair that the local church was having, and a guy sitting next to me was calmly vaping a ego/tank setup. Whenever I vape in public, no one stares or is unaware, and it seems generally accepted. i live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, and there are tree B&M stores within 20 mins of me. So it seems, that vaping is becoming more popular.
Thanks for sharing !!
Excellent example of what happens when e-smokers no longer feel shy
about vaping in public.
:)

When vaping in public ... PLEASE
do NOT be constantly looking around making eye contact with strangers
wondering if there are those who might not approve ... this signals the public
"we" think we are doing something wrong ... Shoplifters act that way.

thejaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2013
La Jolla, CA
www.nudenicotine.com
I've seen a bunch of people at my work start vaping outside the lab, here in San Diego it's taken off massively in the past few months. I'll go to bars and see fellow vapers (good conversation piece), out and about and everyone seems to generally 'accept' vapers more.

Only one B&M shop though, and it is only a few tables set up. Hoping to see more shops in the near future, but online deliveries are so quick it is almost pointless :)

jac1766

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
The 6th circle
I just started vaping three days ago.
I was at a bar tonight and my damned tornado-t decided to dump all it's juice e into the atty. (My fault, hit it to hard. First time drinking and vaping)

Wouldn't you know it, zip bummed an analogue from some guy, who also was out of juice and only hitting the sticks as a backup.

Pittsburgh's not as backwards as some of you might think!

Oaken007

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2012
Coral Springs, FL
I'm in Fort Lauderdale too. I was out at Poorhouse the other night, I saw 5 vapers in Poorhouse and one on the street. While you can smoke in Poorhouse, the owner didn't even question me.

I don't go out that often, so I didn't have any idea anyone else knew about it. A year ago when I started, no one knew about it. I haven't been a hermit for a year, but I just don't go out that often anymore (turning 30 in August) guess I'm just getting old.

swtraveler

May 27, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix metro is getting pretty saturated with B&M stores, just found a new one today... However it seem to depend on what crowd you around. Some of the trendier bars at least the wait staff are familiar and accepting, I have seen several workplaces that nearly every smoker in them has switched to vaping. However it seems everywhere I go I am being asked what is that? Are you smoking in here/ by the door etc.. ? Still has a ways to go in some ways but in others it is taking a strong run in this area.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I started vaping in early July, and since then I've seen it everywhere here in Naples. When we go out to a bar there's like a vaping section, and the smokers are over there in their own group at the Eagles club. I see guys on scooters vaping at stop lights, vapers at Starbucks, people vaping everywhere now, and more B&M's opening every week.

I really think it's gotten way too big for them to stop at this point, which is why big tobacco is jumping on the bandwagon, but I do expect they will tax nicotine by the milligram and screw us all as badly as they can. It's not about what's bad for you, it's about anything you enjoy that they can stick you and pick your pockets for.

i have the exact opposite situation to report here in new orleans

i've been vaping now for more than 2 years and i have never, not once, ever seen another person vaping anywhere

well my wife vapes but she doesnt count
Same here (except I'm not married and I started 2 months ago haha).
People still look at me as if I was smoking pot (wish there was an e-liquid!), so it's pretty rare and uncommon.

k-sider

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2013
United States
I'm in Columbus and there are 2 vape shops and I frequent both and every time I go there, there are lots of people there. Usually there are people there also buying setups for the first time, and people are there trying different juices. When i've told people about vaping that are regular smokers, they always want to get an ecig after I show them how it works.

adamfoul

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent, England
There's quite a few people vaping at work now, when I started there was only one other guy doing it, now of the 30 or so that used to come out to smoke, 11 are now vaping. We still have to go outside, but we've been told we can vape anywhere outside, not just in designated smoking areas.
And last night I went to a bar, it was pretty quite in there, and I asked if I could vape, barman went to find out and came back saying yes, and within 5 minutes of me 'firing up', half the other people started pulling out their pv's. I've been vaping around 4 months now, when I started seeing another vaper was pretty rare, now I see them about regularly.

not counting friends and coworkers, i see maybe 1-2 people a month vaping. i live in a college town of maybe 100k and we have two b&m stores. One has been around for a while and is bad .... i got kind of excited just last week, because a truck i was fixing at work (i'm a mechanic at an 18-wheeler dealership) had a little kanger e-smart and bottle of juice sitting the cupholder.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
I don't actually see that many people doing it where I live, but it's definitely becoming more popular. Darn near every gas station has some sort of disposable available, if not the complete Blue system (or some other, similar underpowered, overpriced set up). We actually have a B&M in town, and another within a half hour's drive. I've been to both, not the biggest selection of anything; the one in town basically stocks Egos (but at least they're not knock offs lol), and I only like a few of their juices, but it's still great to have one in town. If any of my equipment fails me, at least the solution is just a drive across town away. Instead of having to wait for something to show up in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread